Oh ****. Rear-ended by old lady in West London this afternoon.

dajw

Right then. Speaking with Adrian and Taras, and owning my second Zed has led to the inevitable. Zeditis. Upgradeitis. Man logic.

The shopping list includes:

• A full re-tune by H-Dev. Waiting to hear back on my request to have it booked in. Jez is well-recommended, and I work only a few minutes away from his shop.
  • ARK GRiP True Dual Exhaust System Burnt Tip
  • Berk Technology Metallic Substrate High Flow Cat
  • Quaife QDF10L ATB LSD
  • A bunch of stuff necessary to have the diff installed, kindly offered for sale by Adrian: 2- Nissan OEM Differential Side Carrier Bearings; 2- Nissan OEM Differential Side Oil Seals; 1- Nissan OEM Inner ""Back"" Pinion Gear Bearing; 1- Nissan OEM Outer ""Front"" Pinion Gear Bearing; 1- Nissan OEM Pinion Oil Seal; 1- Nissan OEM Crush Spacer; 1- Permatex Liquid Gasket
  • Some diff oil
  • Might as well change the plugs and K&Ns whilst I'm at it.
  • Some elbow grease

Result I'm hoping for: noise, MOT pass, driveabilityawesomeness that will hold the power.

• Like 1

Nic if the road is not ideal then pretty much guarantee I'll spin up one wheel. Can break traction in gear 1-4. You can work around it in driving style but this = slower. The diff means quicker sprints and a huge difference in cornering, when you can get back on the gas.

Dom, how about going wider tyres like I did, 305 rear, 265 front MPSS. Also consider getting the RaceLogic Traction Controller?

Together with the diff should improve traction a lot.

That's cool — my tyre project is in another post. Here — I want to know more about going to 18" with a little more tyre: section & rolling circumference. But also want to know about whether they will fit, whether they will stress the power steering, whether a bigger difference in rolling circumference between the fronts and rears will play havoc with the traction control etc.. Many many questions!

Presumably your wheels are also wider? Going from 275 to 305 surely would require a wider rim.

Edited by dajw

Right then. Speaking with Adrian and Taras, and owning my second Zed has led to the inevitable. Zeditis. Upgradeitis. Man logic.

The shopping list includes:

• A full re-tune by H-Dev. Waiting to hear back on my request to have it booked in. Jez is well-recommended, and I work only a few minutes away from his shop.
  • ARK GRiP True Dual Exhaust System Burnt Tip
  • Berk Technology Metallic Substrate High Flow Cat
  • Quaife QDF10L ATB LSD
  • A bunch of stuff necessary to have the diff installed, kindly offered for sale by Adrian: 2- Nissan OEM Differential Side Carrier Bearings; 2- Nissan OEM Differential Side Oil Seals; 1- Nissan OEM Inner ""Back"" Pinion Gear Bearing; 1- Nissan OEM Outer ""Front"" Pinion Gear Bearing; 1- Nissan OEM Pinion Oil Seal; 1- Nissan OEM Crush Spacer; 1- Permatex Liquid Gasket
  • Some diff oil
  • Might as well change the plugs and K&Ns whilst I'm at it.
  • Some elbow grease

Result I'm hoping for: noise, MOT pass, driveabilityawesomeness that will hold the power.

That's a good ( and expensive ) list you've got going on. :)

Car looks great , a real sleeper !

I didn't have the wheels painted, rather they colour matched them for the bits I had coloured in ;)

In other words, the lip, the diffuser, the grey stripes and the wheels are all quite a close match in colour.

• Like 1

Couple of pics of the engine bay would be nice :)

And the arb made a huge difference to my 50 , a great upgrade !

Here's one from when Norris was working on the car:

tumblr_n9w2w8D4sY1t4owpgo1_500.jpg

I'll go take another in a moment :)

• 1 month later...

Just a minor thread revival as I've received a note from Accident Exchange about the claim. Now then, who would hazard a guess as to how much having a Porsche Boxster 2.7 PDK for 55 days cost the third party?

My guess was a bit lower than the real answer.

Quite a bit lower, in fact.

They're billing the TP for £15,000 for the hire period. That's around £273 a day. SHISHKEBAB THAT'S A LOT!!!