What's your worst experience

Harryjax

Hmm that's a hard one and some awesome stories already -

For pain I will go with (yes Buster a "during The War story) - breaking both the tibia and fibula in my right leg - it wasn't the breaking it that was the pain it was having it reset 4 times with no anesthetic in the hospital.

Which leads neatly onto the worst experience which was being kept in the afore mentioned hospital in Bosnia for four days where I caught 4 infectious diseases and nearly died, I was then casivac'd back to Blighty where they said 2 of the diseases were comon and not a particular problem (though they never said what they were) the other two they were not so sure about and would run tests.................

I assume they were not happy with the results although again I was never told what they were all I know is I spent the next little while in a white room on my own with a big sign above the door that read "Quarantine" and a sign on the door that said "Contagious do not enter" :scare:

Still they let me out in the end :thumbs:

Ahh the good old days ....... we can look back and laugh now :scare:

:lol:

EDIT: O and from reading Wasso's story above I feel for ya mate - I had a dose of Arc Eye once from a faulty welding mask - like hot sand being poured in your eyes!! Don't want that again either!!!

Edited by Keyser

Cutting 2 ribs in half with a chainsaw !

Wrong on every level - beggars belief, I'm not sure I even want to know how - but Bloody OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

60ft up a tree as well!!

2 months off work ...... Started training again to get fit ..... Cracked them again doing sit ups!

• Like 1

Hmmmm two spring to mind. First year at uni, still getting acne so was prescribed minocycline I think it was called, after a few months acne cleared up but I started to get pain in my joints, they said to keep taking it as its an anti-biotic and would help with the pain. It got to the point I couldn't walk up some stairs so got a second opinion, turned out it was slowly poisoning me and would have killed me had I carried on just a few more weeks with it as I had an adverse reaction to it. I nearly went and killed the bloody doc who said to keep taking it once I got better - took about 6 months to properly be able to do exercise again.

Other one was playing footy when I was living in France a few years back, five a side with the boards being a chicken fence style arrangement. Anyway a guy bashed me into the fence as I was running past him and my little finger and next finger along got caught in the fence and took the whole weight of my body momentum - I fell down and looked at my hand to see both fingers bent back with the nails touching the top of my wrist, purely as a reaction I just grabbed them both and snapped them back - I don't remember screaming but it was one of the most painful things ever, and it was self inflicted, anyway five fractures down my two fingers thanks to that one and never got any pain killers for over two hours waiting to get sorted out at the hospital.

No idea what I'd chose tbh. :shrug:

trapped my fingers in a certain till

corrected that for you Granville

Yeah cheers for that. Not sure what till you mean, :shrug: ..but thanks, ..I think. :dry::lol:

have you never watched "Open All Hours"

Having a six month relationship with a narcissist woman. Very controlling emotional abuser. Have taken most of this year to recover.......only for her to knock on my door a few weeks ago after 11 months apart saying how sorry she was for the way she treated me!

Dreadful experience and I ended up on anti-depressants and having counselling! Its not always the male that's the abusive one in a relationship.

• Like 2

I snapped my achilles tendon whilst playing Badminton - that didn't hurt - no really it didn't - I just collapsed on the floor in a heap

what hurt like hell, was when after the op to repair it, it was in plaster for 6 weeks, toe down - they then had to move it to 90 deg............apparently I turned a very deathly grey

Yeah cheers for that. Not sure what till you mean, :shrug: ..but thanks, ..I think. :dry::lol:

Yes but not every episode & didn't clock what you meant. :shrug::lol:;)

Having a six month relationship with a narcissist woman. Very controlling emotional abuser. Have taken most of this year to recover.......only for her to knock on my door a few weeks ago after 11 months apart saying how sorry she was for the way she treated me!

Dreadful experience and I ended up on anti-depressants and having counselling! Its not always the male that's the abusive one in a relationship.

Bloody hell your brave. I wouldn't have opened the door to her.

Good to know your on the mend.

:thumbs:

• Like 2

Not sure, a few contenders, but not a patch on some of you!

Two Root canals at the same time, but with anaesthetic only in one gum was quite bad. White knuckle time! :-/

Wisdom teeth out, sideways! 2x 3/4inch stitches in my gums and ripped the corners of my mouth from where they cranked my gob open so far.

Broken collar bone, wrestling with a bigger kid when I was a lad, he picked me up above his head and dropped me, I landed flat and face down, perfectly positioned for a huge wooden marquee tent peg to smash in to my right collar bone. Impressive X-ray, the two bits of bone were over an inch apart. They didn't fix it properly though so now my right shoulder hangs noticeably lower than my left.

Yes but not every episode & didn't clock what you meant. :shrug::lol:;)

you can lead some people to water................ :doh:;)

• Like 2

After several collapsed lungs had a chest drain fitted which involved having a metal tube shoved in between the intercostal muscles awake and pushed from a low point upwards between the chest wall and plural lining till it got to the top part, then they sew the metal pipe in and attach it to a pump for 1 week sucking the air out, then they find out it's in the wrong place and start twisting it around which was like sticking a hot poker into your chest, I will never forget the pain, got better for 1 year but then had full open lung surgery to remove the lining of the lung which meant my lung was then glued/stuck to the chest wall, off work for a month and had a numb chest for ten years, held up ever since even after breaking three ribs a few months ago.

Vasectomy reversal. Was much, much worse than the original operation - really swollen and bruised and sore and off work for 2 months. And still paying the CSA because it worked ....... :rant:

That is the ultimate, nothing else even comes close.

Sorry bud but can't help :lol:

Ah well, just less than 3 years now and then the pain will finally come to an end.

I suppose it was just a balls up on my part .. :lol:

• Like 1

After several collapsed lungs had a chest drain fitted which involved having a metal tube shoved in between the intercostal muscles awake and pushed from a low point upwards between the chest wall and plural lining till it got to the top part, then they sew the metal pipe in and attach it to a pump for 1 week sucking the air out, then they find out it's in the wrong place and start twisting it around which was like sticking a hot poker into your chest, I will never forget the pain, got better for 1 year but then had full open lung surgery to remove the lining of the lung which meant my lung was then glued/stuck to the chest wall, off work for a month and had a numb chest for ten years, held up ever since even after breaking three ribs a few months ago.

I know that's bad as my best mate has been through most of that. He suffered a collapsed lung after a motorbike accident.

Wasn't allowed to fly or go up to higher altitude for a long time afterwards. Better now but was a long recovery for him.

Got hit by a car doing 35mph when I was 8 & got flung across 2 lanes of traffic- ended up with a load of cuts, bruises & a broken arm.

Or when I tore a cartilage & damaged ligaments in my ankle after falling over a set of wheels in my garage. Blacked out due to the pain :|

Fractured my pelvis the day before my 18th when out dirt jumping on the mtb. Didn't think crash was that bad, turned out was shock giving an analgesic effect. stood up and walked a few steps, analgesic wore off, worst pain I've ever felt as thigh muscle on contraction pulled apart the fracture.

No 18th birthday party, but lots of opiates, legal ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk