washing car in the rain?

PPod

Ok so you may think I am mental/crazy for washing my car in the rain but I have my reasons.

So today woke up and really wanted to wash my z as it has been full of muck for ages but the weather for the past few weeks has been terrible but was hell bent on doing it since I won't see my baby till after new year so wanted to give her a treat.

So hooked up the power washer and snow foam lance and got cracking the rain was pouring down and the good old neighbors were watching me thinking I had lost it but kept going so after that gave it a very soft scrub with a wool mit and my god its was the best clean ever the dirt just came of soooo easily and hardly had to put any force into it since I am pretty scared since my percentage of paint is low. The car was sparkling even though it was raining but once it dry's up will see if it actually did the job. Prob get loads of water marks but at the moment its great wouldn't mind if it keeps raining haha. But was always told not to wash in the rain but never new why but after that I may just do it more often.

Anyone else washed there car in the rain?

Yep washed my cars in the rain although to be honest most of the time when I have it wasn't raining at first but then started to so I just continued washing the car until I was done. :D

Remember once washing my car on a particularly cold day though which tbh I probably was a little mental to have even tried as when I was spraying the water on the car (from a hose back then) it was freezing on the roof & windows before I even had time to get the shampoo on it. :scare::lol:

• Like 2

Ha ha ha so I'm not the only mad sod in the UK.

Just tucked mine up in the garage (9:20 pm)after being rained upon earlier and stood drying it off with a micro fibre cloth before I could leave it for the night.

Never mind there was the added advantage that bloody X factor's on again.

Yeah many times. I always wash it without fail after using it for the weekend so it's clean the next time I come to use it, rain only makes it wet, not normally dirty so not a problem. Washed it in the snow too actually when it got covered in grit etc. I prefer washing it in the dry now though as I put a cover on it when I'm not using it which can't go on when it's wet.

The wife's car doesn't get washed as regular as the zed and so ends up much more dirty.

If I wash it when it's dry it needs 3-4 times more gentle passes with the shampoo mitt than the zed.

I now look out for times when it's just stopped raining and it's still wet.

Like you said it washes soooo much easier.

it's like the rain gave it a good 10 hour pre-soak.

Makes complete sense to me to wash the car in the rain.

Good entertainment for the neighbours and something for them to jibe you about.

Best though- due to the rain, everyone else is inside. The peace the quiet, lack of movement. Lovelly.

Just need a Car Port designed like a Pergola - to dry and polish her in.

Conservation area. Guess I just need to get round to enquiring.

Gardening in light rain is good too - Yep Mad !!!! :lol:

Edited by Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

Washed my daily driver - Nismo Juke last Sunday in the pouring rain. Few dog walkers looked at me and probably thought "nutter" but I enjoyed it. Nothing wrong with it in my book..Back to square one and dirty by Tuesday though, very irritating..