Just bought a 350z...Knocking Engine...

nels0n

Oh man ..... that's a horror story! :(

I guess there are two/three options ...

1) Break it and sell the parts?, re-coop as much as possible....!

2) Save and buy a new lump / or re-build!

3) Use your insurance company!

Im wanting to save for a new engine, but i have no truth in the history of the car considering whats happened so im abit cautious but i guess finding a low mileage lump would be decent, i have a enough friends to drop it in for me.

Ive never had a credit card or any debts so as tempting as just sorting it quick goes i cant bring myself to it lol. Ive always saved for things.

Ill have a serious think but thanks for everyones input!

Im wanting to save for a new engine, but i have no truth in the history of the car considering whats happened so im abit cautious but i guess finding a low mileage lump would be decent, i have a enough friends to drop it in for me.

Ive never had a credit card or any debts so as tempting as just sorting it quick goes i cant bring myself to it lol. Ive always saved for things.

Ill have a serious think but thanks for everyones input!

You sound like a good bloke who's took a kick right in the knackers like a man if you ask me mate.

Now whinging just hands up......I've a lot of time for that and you don't deserve it to be this catastrophic.

• Like 6

Where is comrade to tell you what laws you're breaking by implying what you are implying :lol:

Funny how people here avoid admitting speeding like a plaque, but will quite openly suggest properly criminal conduct :wacko:

Edited by comrade
  • Like 1

Funny how people here avoid admitting speeding like a plaque, but will quite openly suggest properly criminal conduct :wacko:

This ^^^

i always speed, but its on private roads, or closed roads.

i mean, after all i pay road tax, so im a Private Investor, right? And if i can see a red light ahead, its then a Closed Road. :)

Does anyone remember watching or watching their kids watch that show ''Get Your Own Back'' ? this thread seems to be a very bizzare twist....

• Like 1

This whole thread literally makes me want to cry. It seems as though a decent guy has been totally screwed over with no possible recourse. The only option being, spend around 50% of what he paid for the car in order to get it fixed. :(

This whole thread literally makes me want to cry. It seems as though a decent guy has been totally screwed over with no possible recourse. The only option being, spend around 50% of what he paid for the car in order to get it fixed. :(

This was my first thought too. It's a pain though,then hopefully he'd have a car with a solid engine for not much more than buying a good one in the first place as only paid 4k

Really feel for you having this happen but hey ho its only money. I dont say that lightly just trying to be a bit positive.

Could be a chance to learn some skills and remove the lump and rebuild it.

Adding a few sexy bits at the same time ready for the super charger with a large boost. I sense a pukka project opportunity and the only downside (apart from finding the money) is how to keep warm in the garage while your doing it .

Turn the neg into a pos and go for gold building a top zed :thumbs:

• Like 3

This was my first thought too. It's a pain though,then hopefully he'd have a car with a solid engine for not much more than buying a good one in the first place as only paid 4k

That is true you know. Stick a decent lump in it and you've essentially got to the point that you should have been in at the start which is no major shakes.

2k for a decent, lowish milage lump, supplied/fitted and you'd around the 6k car territory anyway.

Hi guys, thanks for kind words, turns out I'm about 5 miles from the guys house right now, up here working ahaha but no I won't confront him.

I have a good friend who can pull the engine I'm thinking about bottom end rebuild...What are you thoughts?

• Like 1

In the words of Baldrick...I have a cunning plan.

We plan a ride out. say 5-10-15 cars all parked outside this guys house. OP goes and knock on his door and asks him to come out and tells the guy to shove his car as its fooked and requests his money back whilst being filmed. We then post the film on Youtube etc to embarras the basket case??

*facepalm*

No. That could still be interpreted as threatening.

For absolute clarity, THE SELLER DID NOTHING WRONG HERE. Well, morally maybe if he knew, but if he didn't know and the OP just got unlucky then that's life. I have massive sympathy for the guy as he's taken it really well, but if you buy the cheapest possible Zed you can with patchy history and don't do as many possible checks as you can, you're very likely to get bitten.

• Like 2

Im with Ekona on this. Buy the engine from the member here. Get a credit card and pull out the cash and fit it. Do it over the winter ready for the spring to enjoy.

Get a few cards. Hey most people are in dept some way or another, being Mortguages etc, so just go for it and forget it. Be possitive. There are enough people on here that know these cars inside out. Were all here for you buddy.

*facepalm*

No. That could still be interpreted as threatening.

For absolute clarity, THE SELLER DID NOTHING WRONG HERE. Well, morally maybe if he knew, but if he didn't know and the OP just got unlucky then that's life. I have massive sympathy for the guy as he's taken it really well, but if you buy the cheapest possible Zed you can with patchy history and don't do as many possible checks as you can, you're very likely to get bitten.

This!

wasnt there another user who got a Z from a user on here that failed on the way home from purchase? Its just life

Edited by StevoD