Explain your username

StevoD

Back in the days when internet service providers gave connections and usage for free (they really did) I would use one until they started charging and change to another so my email address was always changing every couple of months or so. My friend said your a right Netnomad (InterNET Nomad) I have used it on all forums for the past 10 years or so.

Suits took the micky out of my surname and called me alivegirl, I thought it was funny but I didn't want to be bombarded by people like gm thinking I was female. So I became aliveboy. I've been meaning to change it for months, I just don't know what the new one should be :lol:

You'd be so lucky to have me flirt with you. :winkiss::wiggle:

you could invite Flex and have a REAL party

Suits took the micky out of my surname and called me alivegirl, I thought it was funny but I didn't want to be bombarded by people like gm thinking I was female. So I became aliveboy. I've been meaning to change it for months, I just don't know what the new one should be :lol:

tumblr_mf9b0ckplc1r6w4cjo1_5003.gif

in the room, BOOM!

Mine is crap I'll explain tomorrow when I'm in front of a PC.

Mudman wins for best reason so far.

• Like 1

Squee was a character from a comic me and some pals to read back in t'day called 'Johnny The Homicidal Maniac' who was small and innocent looking and whenever he got scared used to say 'squee' and for some reason I ended up with the name as I'm small and innocent looking apparently! The character was male tho and I'm not lol.

A lot of people think it's a naughty innuendo but sadly it's ain't. It was what my ex used to call me however and I have thought about changing the user name due to that association but it's been my handle on a lot of websites and can't be bothered changing it tbh. But if anyone has any creative offerings on a good new name choice then fire away (I have instant regret asking that haha).

Like Wendy said on this thread it's ruddy complicated sometimes these user names especially if you use the 350z-UK Facebook page as you don't know who's who!

S. (I always sign off as 'S' as it's also the initial of my 'real life' first name)

At one point during my complicated family history I had a step - brother with the same name as me - Alex.

So to save confusion he got Al and I got called Lex. I added the second X when I joined my first forum 17 years ago and Lex was already taken.

First Zed was a convertible. They used to chop the top of a car off back in the day to create a convertible. Hence the name :thumbs:

Someone who will remain nameless, yes you know who you are, wanted to change this to something else though :lol:

Had to decide on a new name for my Xbox gamer tag as my original included my year of birth, was getting dogs abuse from spotty teenagers about being an old git and worse, so happened to be watching Top Gear at the time as Clarkson finished up the show with his catchphrase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great thread, good stories! Mine is particularly dull first three letters of my first and last names put together - think it first came about when trying to create an email address on yahoo yonks ago and my name was gone and it came up with suggestions and I just picked this one.