Someone tried to steal my 350z

KosmiK

Just thought I'd share whilst I wait for the police to return.

There I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep when I hear my brother shout, "Ne, I think the house has been broken into!" I run downstairs and sure enough the back door lock is on the floor and all the draws\cupboards are open. "Where are your car keys?" My heart drops and I rush upstairs knowing that I've left them on the kitchen worktop in the past before. Thankfully they were on my bedside table.

Current theory is that someone was after car keys, used fireworks to disguise the break in noise and got disturbed by my brother when he went to investigate some odd banging noises.

Home security obviously needs upgrading asap, can't believe how easy it was for some little scrote to enter my home and nearly steal my\my brothers car.

Police coming back in a bit, they went off to have a look around and arrested someone for an unrelated offense.(bad timing for him)

Don't think I'll be getting my sleep tonight.

What a nightmare for you, I hope they catch the scumbag who did it so they can give him community service he won't turn up to and a fine he won't pay !

I hate thieves they need a hand lopping off each time they are caught , they'd only do it twice!

Thanks guys. They'll never catch anyone, finger print dusting guys (the technical term) are meant to be coming today, but who'd break into a house without wearing gloves.

Done some research online and you can literally snap the locks in 30 seconds, gonna have to spend at least £120 on some better cylinders.

We got off lightly really, cars are still safe, and the outcome could have potentially been worse if my brother had actually caught them, the knife draw was open.

Can't touch anything in the kitchen either, and I'm starving.

Got off lightly really, can't image how it must feel to return home to a ransacked house, or worse be attacked and threatened.

£180 for a locksmith on his way. Don't need to rely on the old chair under the handle, which is likely more secure than the original lock.

Got off lightly really, can't image how it must feel to return home to a ransacked house, or worse be attacked and threatened.

£180 for a locksmith on his way. Don't need to rely on the old chair under the handle, which is likely more secure than the original lock.

It's terrible trust me. Happened to our family when I was around 10 years old or so.

Came back from our cousins in Lincolnshire at Christmas to find the kitchen window had been jimmied open. It was a stormy night and there where muddy foot prints throughout the house. The burglar had ransacked most of the house looking for stuff but luckily stayed out of mine & my brothers bedrooms, ...probably because they where kids rooms with nothing of interest to him.

Really upset us & my parents obviously but luckily he didn't get much as my mother had sensibly hidden most of her jewellery before we went away.

Absolute scum bags, ....as ZEUS said they should really have their hands cut off for inflicting this misery on people. :angry::dry:

Thanks guys. They'll never catch anyone, finger print dusting guys (the technical term) are meant to be coming today, but who'd break into a house without wearing gloves.

Done some research online and you can literally snap the locks in 30 seconds, gonna have to spend at least £120 on some better cylinders.

We got off lightly really, cars are still safe, and the outcome could have potentially been worse if my brother had actually caught them, the knife draw was open.

Work for maintenance company...We change lock when people loose keys etc...You can trust me ,mortice lock cylinders are so ****ing easy to snap! just a pair of grips,bit of force ,screwdriver and you in...

Work for maintenance company...We change locks when people loose keys etc...You can trust me ,mortice lock cylinders are so ****ing easy to snap! just a pair of grips,bit of force ,screwdriver and you in...

Edited by Dashurik

Invest in one of these and make sure you have CCTV to catch the look on their faces if they try breaking in again!

66226-295x407-Guard_Dog.jpg

Scary though, your home is meant to have that feeling of security, not nice to know people can easily get in. Although good reason to spend the cash on extra security to make it a bit more difficult. Maybe add some proximity lights to the back as well?

• Buy a pair of men's used work boots. size 14-16.
  • Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.
  • Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.
  • Leave a note on your door that reads:

Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim -

"I'm gone for more shotgun and .45 ammo. Be back soon.

Don't be messin' with the pit bulls -- they attacked that darn mailman again this mornin' and went and messed him up real bad.

I don't think Mauler took part in it all but it was hard to tell from all the blood. I think it was Blade and Killer who done most of it.

Anyways, all six of 'em is locked up in the house.

Better wait outside 'till I git back"

*stolen from somewhere on the net

• Like 4

Buy a pair of men's used work boots. size 14-16.

Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and your NRA magazines.

Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

Leave a note on your door that reads:

Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim -

"I'm gone for more shotgun and .45 ammo. Be back soon.

Don't be messin' with the pit bulls -- they attacked that darn mailman again this mornin' and went and messed him up real bad.

I don't think Mauler took part in it all but it was hard to tell from all the blood. I think it was Blade and Killer who done most of it.

Anyways, all six of 'em is locked up in the house.

Better wait outside 'till I git back"

*stolen from somewhere on the net

^^^ brilliant :lol: :lol:

Edited by ZEUS
  • Like 2

My cousin was over from Florida end of september and was showing him my gun safe, he asks me seriously how long it would take me to get to the safe unlock and get a gun out of someone came in the house. How things are different over there, he has a loaded .45 glock in a holster behind his head board. :wacko:

In 2008 a group of lads broke in to my house. I assume they were after my zed.

I was on holiday and got a call from my alarm monitoring company.

"Sir...the front door sensor has gone off and the hall and the dining room and...."

I was gutted.

Luckily it's linked to the police and the alarm rings INSIDE the house not outside and is painfully loud.

Being a paranoid freak the keys and other essentials were hidden.

Still, was a nervous wreck until a friend went over and said cars still there.

It was only 9pm at the time and they just booted the front door til the frame caved in.

Going by the bootprints left it took a good 7 kicks!

A neighbour shouted as they gained entry and said they just carried on and were in and out in minutes.

Probably hoping the keys were on the sideboard or dining table.

Total scum! Glad they didn't get your car though. This happened to some friends on my road a few years ago but they disturbed them. They took all the car keys but left the cars. Caused them no end of stress getting all the locks changed etc :thumbdown:

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I am glad you and everyone is OK and nothing apart from your back door was broken or stolen.

An amusing tale - to lighten things up..............

I was broken into - I was about 19 at the time, living in a flat in a Victorian House of 5 flats.

They stole goods from all the other flats - and nothing from mine !!

Even the Coppers laughed - I was so broke - I really had nothing worth stealing.

It was a wonder they did not leave me something !!! :-)

Never lived it down to this day..... :lol: :lol:

Seriously - The majority of the time when I leave either of my cars, I have a crook lock on them- which also rather helps when not at home.

I know they can also get through these easily - its just that extra 30 seconds though - that do act to deter them.

Then I also live next door to an Ex Copper - who is out the door at a mumour of anything.

One time I came home after a holiday - (unknown to him - I was back), he was out his door into my drive in a flash as I started the car up.