How not to drive at a track day - GTR

wmr1980

I'm surprised they didn't black flag him for his overtaking manoeuvres. I'd be interested to hear more about the crash he caused.

Definitely should have been black flagged for sure.

I found a bit of info about the crash he caused but not a lot. It mentions it on Jalopnik. Link: http://jalopnik.com/worst-track-video-in-the-universe-proves-why-people-hat-1647192131

Rumour is the driver in the video crashed into a MP12 WHILE he was already under yet another black flag. The McLaren driver said that he had to turn in opposite lock to keep the car from spinning after the impact. The passenger of the McLaren also commented that the GT-R carried on out breaking cars and passing cars while in the corner with a large propane tank AFTER they had collided.

Keep an eye on that GTR thread though as one of the members apparently messaged the guy (read that as Tw*t) in the video to see what he has to say about it all. :dry::)

What a complete w**ker, that standard of driving is totally unacceptable on track.

I am however surprised that MSV allowed him to carry on.

Post the video on Brands web site on FB and it will get to Palmer who will ban him for life from all his circuits. :thumbs:

I reckon if he really want to tame a nice track car without traction control, yaw control,

stability control, brake assist (no servo or power steering), and any other get me out of

jail "gismos" on his GTR, buy ours, sorts the men from the boys..!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301345752567?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Horrible driving!!! And to think he got away with it!

I was black flagged last time in Bedford about 2 months ago for noise!!! A mere 5db over. I later on have found I had a large exhaust leak where the hanger in the midsection had broken off taking a huge part of the exhaust with it.

He ought to be bannedðŸ‘

• Like 1

Words fail me :scare:

And I do trust that his name gets passed to track-day organizers to not let him anywhere near one of their events in the future.

And wearing a great thick fleece 'cos he has to have the window fully open to rest his arm - total and utter dickhead.

Words fail me :scare:

And I do trust that his name gets passed to track-day organizers to not let him anywhere near one of their events in the future.

And wearing a great thick fleece 'cos he has to have the window fully open to rest his arm - total and utter dickhead.

Just reported it to Jonathan Palmer at MSV and sent him the video for his comments.

Well it just got a bit more interesting on there. His mate is on backing him up and has posted the following...

I was there on the day and the driver is a very good friend of mine.

There's a lot of mis information flying around as well as some uncalled for comments.

Just for some background info, this was the first time he has had the GTR on track and the vid was the first time he was going around.

The traction was fully off and suspension on R THROIGHOUT.

If anyone here believes the first time they were on track they were the new Lewis Hamilton, they are obviously deluded.

Everyone here was a learner before they passed, and again didn't start their first track day with Michael Schumacher precision.

The stewards on the day had zero issues, there were no black flags issued nor were there any warnings given.

If anyone had an issue why did they not tell a steward??

Or be man enough to actually talk to the driver??

The fact is he was much better later on in the day, and the Mclaren driver unfortunately was a little overwhelmed by the GTR.

The incident occured when the Mclaren gave room and signalled for the GTR to pass, and then turned into him as he was passing. To avoid major damage the GTR saw him coming early and turned onto the grass, averting any further damage. The steward even confirmed it was the mclaren drivers fault and apologised. We left the track as it started to rain and there was a couple of RWD 600+hp cars in the convoy with us that were using semi slicks. Waiting for more rain wouldn't be a bright idea as they would not fair greatly in a drive back with heavy rain.

The track day was one of the worst I have attended with regards to other driver skills, and the Mclaren had already been off that morning!! He went straight over the grass, and if there was a video of him around the track it wouldn't be pretty at all.

The unfortunate thing is that GTR's create a lot of attention, and this in turn attracts Jealous and Envious individuals.

I.E the maker of this video. He was so worked up in his Jealous rage, that he found a pic of the GTR from the Msvt site and even paid for it to be put in his video!! Lol

It takes time to look for a decent pic, and he obviously spent some time doing so.

Gotta give it to him for taking the time and effort to make it. Hopefully now he feels better at night time knowing that he made a "cool" video about a GTR driver while he probably dreams of owning one.

He seems such an expert at pointing out someone's mistakes from behind a computer, however why not go upto someone and give them some pointers, or if you haven't got the backbone to do that, talk to a Marshall!! He was obviously there on the day.

The funniest thing is that the driver would probably make kebabs out of the keyboard warriors that pop up! Lol

People are quick to judge from behind a keyboard but if they knew the driver wouldn't be saying some of the stuff they are.

If anyone wants to say anything to him in person next time, please feel free. Look out for him next time, he's pictured below. Can't be many 6ft+ guys weighing in at 25stone driving GTR's

• Like 1