How not to drive at a track day - GTR

wmr1980

if you want to meet them all at one location just go out for a track session at Trax

Oh, I dont count Trax as a trackday, its more like watching drunks try to set a qualifying time round Silverstone. Comedy as long as you arent out there with them :lol:

Sounds like a fun day out, when's the next one?

if you want to meet them all at one location just go out for a track session at Trax

It was horrible this year(Excluding the engine issue), too many cars, too many people driving like the GTR owner, no clue of their surroundings, track was awful from the previous drifters.

It was horrible this year(Excluding the engine issue), too many cars, too many people driving like the GTR owner, no clue of their surroundings, track was awful from the previous drifters.

What's wrong with drifters eh?

• Like 1

Pulled by Palmersport as well Id imagine. Now if only we knew who had told them about it ............ :dry:;)

TBH if that is the case its not very impressive on their part, rather than admitting there was a problem with their marshalls just to hide the evidence .......... :stir:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

There you go found it again... :thumbs: They obviously missed this version.

https://www.youtube....d&v=5JEr6QwKoJA

That was working... :rant:

Been removed from Youtube but still up on Jalopnik.

Link: http://jalopnik.com/...-hat-1647192131

:D;)

Edit: although it appears to be just a clip now of part of the video. :shrug:

Edited by GMballistic

Regarding resting his elbow on the window - if this guy is as large as is being suggested, then he would need the window open - as surely there is just not enough room to do so ?

This is not something I have ever known to be allowed on an Track Day at any circuit in the UK that I have visited.

It's rubbish. I've seen some really big guys (25 stone plus) in cars on track, and I've yet to see one of them resting his arm on the door.

I mean, I could forgive him that if everything else was fine (after all, if it works then so what?), but he's a driving calamity on track.

Regarding resting his elbow on the window - if this guy is as large as is being suggested, then he would need the window open - as surely there is just not enough room to do so ?

This is not something I have ever known to be allowed on an Track Day at any circuit in the UK that I have visited.

This is him fyi...

4CE89F7C-7F98-4361-B5E1-39C8D14D35CC_zpsfmqgdgba.jpg

Was posted on the GTR forum by his mate who basically said if you have a problem with him go and tell him. I think he was kind of hoping that would stop people on that forum giving him stick but quite how he thinks his mates large size is going to intimidate a load of people sat miles apart behind computer screens I have no idea.

Obviously as stupid as each other. :bangin:

• Like 1

This is him fyi...

4CE89F7C-7F98-4361-B5E1-39C8D14D35CC_zpsfmqgdgba.jpg

Was posted on the GTR forum by his mate who basically said if you have a problem with him go and tell him. I think he was kind of hoping that would stop people on that forum giving him stick but quite how he thinks his mates large size is going to intimidate a load of people sat miles apart behind computer screens I have no idea.

Obviously as stupid as each other. :bangin:

Really despise people who try to intimidate others like that, would have far more respect for his 'friends' if they told their mate what a complete ***** he was. They probably tell him he is a driving god which isn't really helpful is it...

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Not a problem anymore Dave as whatever his friends tell him I think probably half the internet users have probably told this guy he needs some serious tuition before going anywhere near a track day again, ...the other half haven't seen the video yet obviously. :lol:

• Like 1

Not a problem anymore Dave as whatever his friends tell him I think probably half the internet users have probably told this guy he needs some serious tuition before going anywhere near a track day again, ...the other half haven't seen the video yet obviously. :lol:

True, I just meant his type in general, takes a far bigger man to admit to his faults and also when he is wrong...

I would be the first to admit I was wrong, never happened yet but I would do all the same :)

True, I just meant his type in general, takes a far bigger man to admit to his faults and also when he is wrong...

Couldn't agree more. :thumbs:

On the GTR forum the unfortunate owner of the Mclaren that this GTR owner crashed into eventually joined up to air his opinion on what happened.

Post n#58 on this page linked: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/304793-r35-bedford-parody-4.html

Make's for an interesting read.

On the GTR forum the unfortunate owner of the Mclaren that this GTR owner crashed into eventually joined up to air his opinion on what happened.

Post n#58 on this page linked: http://www.gtr.co.uk...d-parody-4.html

Sounds about right. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Post n#58 on this page linked: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/304793-r35-bedford-parody-4.html

Yes I read that and from all the other comments I would take his side of the story as being nearer the truth...

Pure gristle anyway. I've come across bullies of that size and they're all show no go. Why bring up his size and an aggressive "go and talk to him if you have a problem" comment to try and intimidate people is beyond pathetic. I'm being unfair though, he may well be a gentle giant and his friend is making him out to be some sort of beast. Eitherway, if you have a word with him and he does nothing about his driving, the marshal is the next step. If he hits you, it's assault - so it's all win win, apart from a black eye but who hasn't had one?