350z vs Skoda Fabia RS

jamess115

The stock vrs does the 1/4 in 14.5 s , the stock 350z does about 14 and the HR is a little quicker at 13.5 but as I said before a few bolt on mods and a tuning box will see a 13.1

It's nice to have a 370 in the garage but the little Fabia is a great daily and will do 46mpg on a run, just had to insure it though , cost £237 , outrageous ! :)

Lovely numbers you have there, a bit quicker? half a second is a more than a bit quicker :lol:

are you saying AMTs car is 1.2 seconds slower than it should be or AMT himself is?

All the numbers are of course useful, its good to know taking the driver out of the equation what a car would accelerate like for 0 to whatever speed. Same as 30 to whatever. Actually the numbers I am often looking for are 70 back down to zero as that stat is likely to save your life one day!

It's either going to be Santa Pod or at the Traffic Lights outside your local Macdonalds.

What's Macdonalds?

:( Wasn't sure if it had an A or not, then I thought, Big Mac - Has to have an A :lol:

Got to watch out for angry children!

• Like 1

sounds like the OP was cruising along in 5th or 6th gear, and was overtaken by a turbocharged car, on boost, in 3rd or maybe 4th gear. And then the OP dropped a cog to 4th, and soon enough by 70-80mph you were catching him up. At low speeds power to weight ratio will be important, but to me it just sounds like the OP got caught out in the wrong gear - even the torqiest of V8s will struggle to get going from 50mph in 6th gear. However whats more telling is that when the speed picked up and air resistance ramps up, you started catching him. At higher speeds, absolute power and a slippery shape is what you need - at which time a 280bhp sports coupe will monster a 180bhp ecobox.

• Like 3

sounds like the OP was cruising along in 5th or 6th gear, and was overtaken by a turbocharged car, on boost, in 3rd or maybe 4th gear. And then the OP dropped a cog to 4th, and soon enough by 70-80mph you were catching him up. At low speeds power to weight ratio will be important, but to me it just sounds like the OP got caught out in the wrong gear - even the torqiest of V8s will struggle to get going from 50mph in 6th gear. However whats more telling is that when the speed picked up and air resistance ramps up, you started catching him. At higher speeds, absolute power and a slippery shape is what you need - at which time a 280bhp sports coupe will monster a 180bhp ecobox.

bang on, exactly what I though, shame at higher speeds the fuss will monster your anus if they catch you :yuck:

Mine's actually an auto which I believe should give me a little more torque from the converter..

Who cares? You'll still be driving a gorgeous car and he's in an ugly ass Skoda!

I disagree, IMO both the 350Z and Skodas are good design aesthetically. And the designer who penned the Bentley GT worked for Skoda at the time

• Like 1

So why did you buy a porsche again? faster things for less money ;)

That's the first decent-looking car I've ever bought! :lol:

Most of the time I buy the ugly cars that are dynamically better/quicker: MR2 (over MX5), VXR220 (over Elise 111R), 350 ragtop (over S2K).

• Like 1

For Christs sake, this is not a Fabia vs 350Z, which is better thread, the two cars are about as different from each other as you can get.

The point is that a current 5 seat family hatchback that can be picked up for well under 10K is not far off the performance of a Zed, which is not something you would expect. Yes, the Zed looks, sounds, handles and does many things better but the minute you want to carry a 3rd person or anything bigger than a set of Golf clubs all that becomes irrelevant.

Its an owners forum so its to be expected, but why not admire the Skoda for what it can do rather than get all defensive over the 350Z's failings? :)

• Like 3

Well, I'm still lovin the Z.......even with its flaws ( electric window just packed up) lol. Still gives me a buzz on my budget, and I think that's what it's all about......wife's Renault scenic is perfect 5 seater for our family ( don't want performance for the kids being driven round).....and the Z for me and the wife..........happy days