350z vs Skoda Fabia RS

jamess115

My mate had one, they are really quick but a standard one shouldnt be bothering you if you are driving the car right. The thing is he will be raping the engine trying to get the performance were the zed has bundles in every gear. Thats the biggest thing I miss about the car, you can pick up speed on the motorway in 6 gear with no effort!

just been out in the 458.... corsa VXR overtook.. we were in reverse.

See, you jest, but I came oh so close to smashing into the back of a 458 at Spa a few weeks ago because he was mincing me down the straights but then chucking an anchor out the car when he was reaching apexes - if you consider I went round Radillon up his arse, he left me for dead down Kemmel and then Id caught up and nearly hit him again at Malmedy ...........

track-belgium.gif

And as it happens I also got beaten in a 30mph rolling start drag race by a Corsa VXR the other day, make of that what you will ;):lol:

Edited by docwra

My daily is a Fabia VRS. Always felt there wouldn't be much in it , the published 0-60 is 7.3 but at timed events even standard cars can achieve 6.5 but many are mapped or tuned running 200-210hp and a few are hitting 240+

20140928_140412_zpsd6db8fc3.jpg

Forgive the 'gay' comment Rich, didn't know you had one. I'd still rather drive a Matiz tho :D

My speed freak mates think I'm mad for trading in the M3 and getting a Z.On the contrary, the Z drives beautifully whereas the M3 was a blunt force thug.As I get older and my reaction times slow down priorities change.I don't care what anyone says a car that gets to 60mph in under 6 seconds is quick enough for me :)

• Like 4

My daily is a Fabia VRS. Always felt there wouldn't be much in it , the published 0-60 is 7.3 but at timed events even standard cars can achieve 6.5 but many are mapped or tuned running 200-210hp and a few are hitting 240+

20140928_140412_zpsd6db8fc3.jpg

Forgive the 'gay' comment Rich, didn't know you had one. I'd still rather drive a Matiz tho :D

Gay is being smoked by a 1.4 Skoda ;)

Modern hot hatches are generally lighter with better turbos, some super charged also, improved handling etc. Not sure how beating a hot hatch in the twists is any less willy waving than a hot hatch tearing it up on a straight, both have their merits.

At the end of the day there will always be another car out there faster than you - thats life.

• Like 2

The stock vrs does the 1/4 in 14.5 s , the stock 350z does about 14 and the HR is a little quicker at 13.5 but as I said before a few bolt on mods and a tuning box will see a 13.1

It's nice to have a 370 in the garage but the little Fabia is a great daily and will do 46mpg on a run, just had to insure it though , cost £237 , outrageous !:)

frabz-you-love-to-drag-race--tell-me-more-about-the-world-of-no-turns-e21c0a.jpg

0-60 ZzZzZz

Who cares? How many times has it mattered what time you get in your Z from 0-60? It's either going to be Santa Pod or at the Traffic Lights outside your local Macdonalds.

Can't find the meme but -

Drag strip - Where the cars do the talking

Circuit - Where the drivers do the talking

• Like 1

Drifting - Where the drivers have the most fun... :p

^^Kind of true, but what really is true is that life is not just a straight line, most of it is curves. Bar motorways... and dual carriage ways

How often do you manage to test your 0-60 on the motorway?

I either test my 0-10 or my 60-70 range on an average drive?

Edit:

Don't know if anyone would order a Big Mc :lol:

Big Mc in da house!!

dj-fat-cheeks.jpg

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 1

Drifting - Where the drivers have the most fun... :p

^^Kind of true, but what really is true is that life is not just a straight line, most of it is curves. Bar motorways... and dual carriage ways

How often do you manage to test your 0-60 on the motorway?

I either test my 0-10 or my 60-70 range on an average drive?

Edit:

Don't know if anyone would order a Big Mc :lol:

Big Mc in da house!!

dj-fat-cheeks.jpg

eh? I was agreeing with Grundy

Edited by Rock_Steady

my point was it does take some skill to get a decent launch off the line. Not as much skill as you need for track racing for sure. But most roads have some kind of curve, so yes, driving on a circuit has more benefits in reality or everyday driving than dragging your car will have.

Edited by Rock_Steady