350z vs Skoda Fabia RS

jamess115

Guessing that it flew past you on a straight?

Think so, was going too quick for me to get a good close look. May of been a Ferrari. Not sure

similar shape, understandable mistake

same gorgeous rosso cors red too, pretty sure it was a hot hatch ferrari now. 3 exhaust pipes too

A 350Z should be a quicker, by 3 sec to 100, not a huge margin but they are quicker, on the road it doesn't always pan out like that, especially with tuned vs standard.

If that was the case then that would be reflected in the 1/4 mile times since the terminal speeds are about 100mph for both but the difference is around .5 of a second

On the circuit the vrs is no slouch either of course that's not what the fan boys on here want to hear but I've driven the 350z and owned a 350hr and now own a 370z

As for comments I've had about the same amount of positive comments on both cars but I didn't buy my cars for any kind of kudos unlike some and couldn't give a fig what other people think

Enjoy the zed for what they are but there are lots of quickens cars out there that's just a fact

• Like 1

My god this thread still going...

#teamtarmac

You still came back for a nose around didn't ya! :p

Just perving around to see who has the biggest cockral.jpg

^^ Lol.

Just a warning: do not search on google for "massive c**k". :scare: You won't like what you find. :lol:

Adjusted my search for "massive cockerel" and found this guy, so he wins...

cockportrait.jpg

:D

• Like 1

A 350Z should be a quicker, by 3 sec to 100, not a huge margin but they are quicker, on the road it doesn't always pan out like that, especially with tuned vs standard.

If that was the case then that would be reflected in the 1/4 mile times since the terminal speeds are about 100mph for both but the difference is around .5 of a second

On the circuit the vrs is no slouch either of course that's not what the fan boys on here want to hear but I've driven the 350z and owned a 350hr and now own a 370z

As for comments I've had about the same amount of positive comments on both cars but I didn't buy my cars for any kind of kudos unlike some and couldn't give a fig what other people think

Enjoy the zed for what they are but there are lots of quickens cars out there that's just a fact

Was just going off the figures I found, 17 ish to 100 for the Fabia and 14 ish for the 350Z.

those bloody Saab Aeros (waves fist) they are pretty quick!

That's hardly a surprise since with a few basic mods and a remap a 2.8T can easily have more power than the zed . Doesn't stop it from being a fridge on wheels though.

• Like 1

That's hardly a surprise since with a few basic mods and a remap a 2.8T can easily have more power than the zed . Doesn't stop it from being a fridge on wheels though.

it was a surprise to me as I knew nothing about them, especially when I was trying to outrun a Saab in my GT4 and it kept up with me no probs.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Mine was a 2.0T, with the BSR Remap, would say it was pretty much as quick as my Zed, wouldn't go so far as to call it a fridge on wheels, was a pretty decent car but it didnt have a lot of personality in comparison to the Zed.

I had the same and found that it would keep with a Z.... just... but fwd and loads of torque steer

it was a surprise to me as I knew nothing about them, especially when I was trying to outrun a Saab in my GT4 and it kept up with me no probs.

In the early 90's the Saab 9000 Aero had the fastest 50-70 time of any production car IIRC, including the Diablo, Ive just read that the 9-3 Aero was quicker 40-70 than the 911 turbo of the time as well, not so sure on that one TBH.

• Like 1

In the early 90's the Saab 9000 Aero had the fastest 50-70 time of any production car IIRC, including the Diablo, Ive just read that the 9-3 Aero was quicker 40-70 than the 911 turbo of the time as well, not so sure on that one TBH.

I'd seriously question that, especially the Diablo bit. There is no way a normal production 220hp car could beat a 500hp car from a rolling start in any mph range. Might be possible by using very short gears like on rally cars, or stripping it down to 500kg or something. Probably just another urban legend.

I'd seriously question that, especially the Diablo bit.

Call Saab then ;)

Aero_ad.jpg

Its actually 50-70 in top gear but nonetheless thats still pretty impressive as the Saab was geared for 180+ in top .......... they also did 40-80 quicker than a Testarossa.