2JZ Powered 350Z

Ian

So you register 225 tq at 2,250 rpm :yawn:

Peak at just past 3,500 rpm at call it 460tq then you're out of torque!

Also that's flywheel...... you're there, but not quite :lol: nice try!

Also, I've quoted stock for the LS3, with the headers, exhaust and intake I should be well ahead of the stock figures. Once everything is accounted for and tuned, including CAMS, I'll be pushing 550 at the hubs, not the fly young man, who does fly these days anyway......!

• Like 1

My budget for the LS3 is £15k.

Currently at £13k with my expectation to hit £16k just over budget, but with 300 Ib-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm peaking at 428 Ib-ft at 4,600 rpm (stock) you can't buy that for a 350z unless you spend monumental amounts of money.

This is why I never went TT or SC.

I'm way ahead of you at £23k but that's brakes & suspension also.

I've been lucky to recoup more than £15k in sales aswell so by the end it will have cost me less than £10k of my own money :scare:

My budget for the LS3 is £15k.

Currently at £13k with my expectation to hit £16k just over budget, but with 300 Ib-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm peaking at 428 Ib-ft at 4,600 rpm (stock) you can't buy that for a 350z unless you spend monumental amounts of money.

This is why I never went TT or SC.

I'm way ahead of you at £23k but that's brakes & suspension also.

I've been lucky to recoup more than £15k in sales aswell so by the end it will have cost me less than £10k of my own money :scare:

That's not bad going then really !!

There's no way you can tt or charge a HR or 70 for 8k ..... If your buying new parts and paying for fitting/ tuning .

Fair play for doing something different , would love a v8 in a zed just for the noise ..... Don't know too much about the 2jz swop but gather it will be mental !!

Well Brakes, wheels, Bodykit, wrap, are car items rather than LS required items, otherwise I may as well add, hold on let me calc.....

Another £5k, ish. Then I want seats, another 2k!

But recouping costs I'll have sold (at the end) £7k of parts.

So I have a bit of a dilemma :lol:

I have an opportunity to get back into a R34 GTR for a reasonable price :ninja: but would mean breaking this project or finishing it and selling it as soon as its finished :blush:

Part of me wants to break it :scare:

How would I even value something like this? I wouldn't even know where to begin :scare:

So I have a bit of a dilemma :lol:

I have an opportunity to get back into a R34 GTR for a reasonable price :ninja: but would mean breaking this project or finishing it and selling it as soon as its finished :blush:

Part of me wants to break it :scare:

How would I even value something like this? I wouldn't even know where to begin :scare:

I cannot believe I have just read this :lol:

You will buy another zed again once you have bought the R34 you do realise :p

Sell the parts, way easier than trying to find a buyer as is or finished imho.

How many people would want to spend the money you need to return on a 2jz converted 350z, there will be a much bigger market for individual parts and will probably net you a better return.

Hate to say it as would love to see the project finished.

I think you require a :ban: for the most unfinished projects!

Get a grip, finish this project!!

:lol:

Thats the thing though, its like a month from completion - Do i finish it and use it for a while and just advertise it for sale or just sell up before I finish?

I really want to finish it but at the same time, I really want/need another R34 :blush:

I think you require a :ban: for the most unfinished projects!

Get a grip, finish this project!!

Thats the thing though, its like a month from completion - Do i finish it and use it for a while and just advertise it for sale or just sell up before I finish?

I really want to finish it but at the same time, I really want/need another R34 :blush:

Oh come on, get this finished, enjoy it, sell it if you must. It'll be such a shame to put all that effort in for nothing. That's like arranging a date with your dream date who's mad up for it, then cancel her 10 mins before the date/humpy pumpy.

Finish your hard work and then move on.

I don't think it will be sold at all TBH :lol:

After a chat with the mrs tonight, she didn't seem too impressed with my plan when "we could be saving to move in together" :surrender:

"I'm a Petrol Head on the days my partner lets me" :p

Reminds me of this advert I read the other day on eBay -

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item487dc05ae6

RELISTED DUE TO BUYER HAVEING DOMESTIC PROBLEMS, AND HIS WIFE DIDNT WANT HIM WORKING ON THE RS2000 ON THE DRIVE SO THERE YOU GO THE WIFE IS THE BOSS SO PLEASE CHECK WITH THE BOSS BEFORE BIDDING!

[/Quote]

Get it finished then sell it to me for half what it cost you to build ;)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

I don't think it will be sold at all TBH :lol:

After a chat with the mrs tonight, she didn't seem too impressed with my plan when "we could be saving to move in together" :surrender:

Don't worry I have the same problem. It's about prioritising cash flow. Totally agree about wearing trousers when they're not around. We all just hate arguments and the wrath of the female "look" they give in disgust, that sort of look which sends shivers down your spine.

Get the 2J done and enjoy her. You will feel accomplished and then you have solid grounds to move to another car - if she allows you of course :teeth: