2JZ Powered 350Z

Ian

So, from the subframe you bought ,

The only difference is the centre? Got a bigger section so the 2jz can sit in?

Coming together now mate.

Jealous, don't even time to even top the washing fluid up anymore , let alone change her heart...

Good luck :)!

So, from the subframe you bought ,

The only difference is the centre? Got a bigger section so the 2jz can sit in?

Coming together now mate.

Jealous, don't even time to even top the washing fluid up anymore , let alone change her heart...

Good luck :)!

Yeah the only difference in subframes is the centre section has been cut out :)

Gotta go up the garage tomorrow, my mate wants a chat about the engine & would rather do it face to face which is never a good sign with him :surrender:

TBH, i've been slowly losing patience and interest in the build - my engine has been with the machine shop since July and shows no sign of returning any time soon :scare:

I've worked out how much I could get back by selling everything i can off it & depending on how tomorrows chat goes then it may be my favoured option :(

Would love to see this completed but completely understand how frustrating a project gets when your relying on others that seem to just take the P. Same thing happened with my old Corsa c which was going to a forged 1.8turbo aiming for 350-400 horses..... Ended up being scrapped. Would love to do a 1j or 2jz swap in my zed but being a big project and not an all that cheap one really puts me off!

Ian you are not getting much luck with your last batch of cars. Maybe you should just save and buy a GTR.. Then mod that :) I hear they are a good place to start from!

He's already done that :lol:

It's OK Ian - I'll take the lot off your hands - I'll even collect it for free save you paying to scarp it :)

So generous Chris ;)

Gonna try and get some actual deadlines sorted today if not I'm gonna pull the plug on the project and do something else.

Has been a bit of a nightmare from start to just barely started :(

You need to clear up the position with your chap doing the work. Establish if it's a no go. If it's a go, man up and get it moved to the next stage.

I've had to wait a month for the chap to sort the headers and exhaust and even then he's only just starting. Impatience is only because problems crop up. The prop shaft place again hasn't even started. So basically for the last month everything has been on hold.

Get little bits done if you can here and there, keep the spirit alive :thumbs:

You'll get there and I'm sure you're chap will find a solution.

Hardest problem is to get somebody capable. After this is sorted, manage them and make sure they follow a time line. Explain you have other things in place with dates against it and, when he gives you a date, he must deliver.

So generous Chris ;)

Gonna try and get some actual deadlines sorted today if not I'm gonna pull the plug on the project and do something else.

Has been a bit of a nightmare from start to just barely started :(

Always try and help an old friend out when I can mate :)

Need more details matey - I know the engine went for work and never came back :scare: what else is slowing you down?

If that is all you need to go get the engine back and take it to someone that can rather than someone that just says they can!!

Good luck buddy - we are all behind you :thumbs:

The engine is something he wants to talk about today "face to face"

the only other thing holding us up is the wiring harness, once thats here and the engine is done it will all bolt together pretty quickly.

TBH, im looking at buying just a standard 2JZ engine, it will take 800hp in standard form so I might just buy one and chuck it in to get it up and running and then sell the forged engine when/if it ever gets completed

the biggest problem I have is that the guy doing the work is a good friend of mine so i've let a lot of things slide as hes doing me a good deal and we did agree when it went in that hed work on it when he had a chance rather than flat out as if I was a full paying customer. i've got no doubt he can do the work its just that he takes on way too much work so loses track of everything - at the moment he has 5 cars in his garage with no engines!

Sounds like a familiar story, the best guys are always in demand, hence they are always busy ........... :(

Id definitely go the standard 2J route, you can get everything (transmission, instruments, cooling etc) in and working properly before you take the final step, its not like youll lose any money on it either - decent 2J's are always going to hold money. Lets be honest as well, even on stock turbos it will still do what, 430hp, thats hardly inadequate is it? :lol:

I know the losing interest feeling, but surely you remember the last time you had that first drive in a full fat mentalist wagon that you built yourself, Im smiling now remembering when we first got my S13 working with the forged engine ......... and promptly broke it within an hour racing an Evo but y'know ;):lol:

All sorted :)

Spent a few hours up there yesterday. I have been assured that the engine will be back within the next 2 weeks & once its back the car will be running inside another 2 weeks.

He wants it out of his garage by mid April as I've been holding up space there since June so hopefully all being well we should see some proper progress in the next few weeks :)

• Like 5

See, all that stress for nothing.

Wish mine was a few weeks away :(

It remains to be seen if it does actually happen. I'll be a lot happier once I actually get the engine back and its in one piece.

My mate wont let me be there for the first start up though :(

All I have left to buy now is a fuel pump - just need to decide if I want one high volume intank pump or a couple of externals