2JZ Powered 350Z

Ian

Cant think for the life of me if am right but sure I remember reading about a new in tank pump the other day, may have been Bosch.

Used to run a 044 in tank and was very happy with it, it was only the serious track boys who ran swirl pots.

Any thoughts on water injection or water/meth, keep intake temps down?

Cant think for the life of me if am right but sure I remember reading about a new in tank pump the other day, may have been Bosch.

Used to run a 044 in tank and was very happy with it, it was only the serious track boys who ran swirl pots.

Any thoughts on water injection or water/meth, keep intake temps down?

I'm leaning more towards a single intank pump TBH although the guys on the Supra forum are torn between the 2 options :lol:

Water/meth injection is definitely something being considered, temps are likely to be a big issue for this car so I will need all the help that I can get with cooling.

My subframe has finally come back from the powdercoaters, Its not quite the blue that I requested but seeing as this took 6 weeks ill take it :dry:

11015441_10155382766055164_751055251_n_zpsnprrnjef.jpg

And for no other reason other than I am a total ARC whore I bought this

3cf029279ec29e8212f25a82e984ba40_zpsmdxmwxhi.jpg

1c029b87e77f6410c755c400cd8d3e4a_zpsx10kosuo.jpg

It wont be any more efficent than the GReddy one I have now, but its ARC and I'm a sucker for anything ARC :blush:

• Like 1

Water/meth injection is definitely something being considered, temps are likely to be a big issue for this car so I will need all the help that I can get with cooling.

Pre or post turbo, i was just about to get a pre turbo mechanical set up before my rotary decided it had had enough :)

Also have to say i admire your patience, i got so fed up of accumulating parts (although fun buying), waiting for bits to be made, fitted or otherwise with Rx7's i vowed never to do it again unless i had everything i needed and then give it to someone and say, fit that, i will be back in a month or 2!

Polo (who may still be on here actually) has just specced a 3 pump system for his JZ driftcar, 2 for the tank and one for a swirl pot, £79 each apparently as one wouldnt feed the power he is making :scare:

i'll drop him a message & see what he went for - thats a great price for them :)

Also have to say i admire your patience, i got so fed up of accumulating parts (although fun buying), waiting for bits to be made, fitted or otherwise with Rx7's i vowed never to do it again unless i had everything i needed and then give it to someone and say, fit that, i will be back in a month or 2!

I lost patience a long time ago but I can see the end in sight now. The final piece of the jigsaw is finally on the way and the wiring harness should be here any day now :)

Got some more parts this week

370Z brakes

ef4d510c2c44d9a1ba89ad884164761e_zpsuashh7of.jpg

Agency power ehxaust

P1030915_zpsa4lmt8f1.jpg

SPL front and rear droplinks

IMG_1876_zpsn1fqobfx.jpg

IMG_1877_zpsllvkxolo.jpg

Looks like I have a long assed trip to Cambridge on Saturday to pick the fmic also :scare:

The brakes look awesome, a lot bigger than the Brembos :)

I wanted Stoptechs all round but they were double the price although I did nearly come close to buying a set of Endless fronts but with 370mm disks I wasnt confident they would fit under my wheels :lol:

• Like 1

I wanted Stoptechs all round but they were double the price although I did nearly come close to buying a set of Endless fronts but with 370mm disks I wasnt confident they would fit under my wheels :lol:

Similar reason I went for the Akebona brakes on the 350z (originally had the crappy JSpec brakes) and for an extra £150-200 they looked a lot better option than the brembos.

So when are you expecting/hoping to have this up and running?

Its in Cherry Hinton - CB1 post code.

Petersfield is about 60 miles closer to me than Cambridge!

Just waiting to find out from Stevo if he lives near there.

I'm hoping its sorted, My uncle works in Cherry Hinton and is coming down to Wales tomorrow - it just depends on if the guy I'm buying it from is around this afternoon :)

Similar reason I went for the Akebona brakes on the 350z (originally had the crappy JSpec brakes) and for an extra £150-200 they looked a lot better option than the brembos.

So when are you expecting/hoping to have this up and running?

My mate wants it out of his garage by the end of April. I've been taking up a space in the garage since June so he wants it gone as much as I do :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks for the offers, My uncle came through and dropped it off this afternoon for me :D

Actually starting to see some progress on the car now :surrender:

Front suspension assembled

11081839_10155410668620164_125980993_n_zpsqvve8ux5.jpg

11081817_10155410668795164_1148735676_n_zpsrovtiz9d.jpg

and front brakes fitted

11088233_811405208896948_5742965007511436091_n_zpsfbtu3uwq.jpg

11096945_10155410668395164_1451074776_n_zpsgtbky5bp.jpg

• Like 4