Done for Z Speeding

Jeff E

As Heff said, she was in the allowance margin, someone is telling you porkies Will

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

But surely if she was doing 38 then they would do her for 32 taking into account the allowance, is that how it works. ?

If not then I'll kick my mate Trev's ass for telling me porkies, as he was supposed

to be on the same speed awareness course with her. :surrender:

As Heff said, she was in the allowance margin, someone is telling you porkies Will

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

But surely if she was doing 38 then they would do her for 32 taking into account the allowance, is that how it works. ?

If not then I'll kick my mate Trev's ass for telling me porkies, as he was supposed

to be on the same speed awareness course with her. :surrender:

the speed at which she got done for would be the speed the camera read. Regardless of what her speedo said. She would have been told the speed she was doing. And because she "apparently" got done for 32 its highly unlikely as it doesn't match with the rules that heff posted earlier. Now if she got done and was adamant she was only doing 32. Then her speedo os very broken. If you know you have an accurate speedo it technically means you can do say 77 in a 70 and not get pulled.

I think I may have seen you in your roadster earlier Jeff E? Were you parked at the Shell petrol station along the Woodbridge stretch of A12 in question?

You do have to be careful along there with regards to speeding, the road safety van is there pretty much once a week or so. I've had quite a few close calls when I hadn't noticed it until the last minute. I live just around the corner from there.

I know someone that has a sister that knows someone who knew someone else that got done for doing 120mph in a 30mph limit but I am not allowed to give any details as the police were involved and the person was actually a diplomat carrying secret documents :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

Can they shoot a red light too when carrying such "Secret Documents" ?

I know someone that has a sister that knows someone who knew someone else that got done for doing 120mph in a 30mph limit but I am not allowed to give any details as the police were involved and the person was actually a diplomat carrying secret documents :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

Can they shoot a red light too when carrying such "Secret Documents" ?

I am not at liberty to say :ninja:

• Like 1

You know, I know a person who knows someone that has a sister that knows someone who knew someone else that got done for doing 120mph in a 30mph limit who is not allowed to give any details as the police were involved and the person was actually a diplomat carrying secret documents :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

You know, I know a person who knows someone that has a sister that knows someone who knew someone else that got done for doing 120mph in a 30mph limit who is not allowed to give any details as the police were involved and the person was actually a diplomat carrying secret documents :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

Small world ;)

• Like 2

I've seen reports of prosecutions at 32 but the lowest confirmed speeding ticket I've seen ,a picture of it was posted on here, was 34. BTW, somebody was caught a couple of miles away from here on The A55 doing 131.5 in a Corsa . His excuse, he was late on his way to Demon Tweeks :lol:

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/138108/mynydd-isa-driver-clocked-doing-131mph-on-a55.aspx

Pete

• Like 1

I've seen reports of prosecutions at 32 but the lowest confirmed speeding ticket I've seen ,a picture of it was posted on here, was 34. BTW, somebody was caught a couple of miles away from here on The A55 doing 131.5 in a Corsa . His excuse, he was late on his way to Demon Tweeks :lol:

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/138108/mynydd-isa-driver-clocked-doing-131mph-on-a55.aspx

Pete

4pm on a wet Saturday afternoon, lucky nobody was hurt :surrender:

Gentlemen, you are misunderstanding the law on the issue. It is an offence to exceed the speed limit. Period. ACPO guidelines that you are referring to (10% +2 mph allowance) are just it, guidelines. Not all police forces have signed up to them and even those who have are not strictly obliged to follow them. So, yes, you can be done for doing 71 mph on a motorway. Of course, as a matter of practice, this is extremely unlikely, but a story of someone prosecuted for doing 32 in a 30 zone is entirely believable.

Gentlemen, you are misunderstanding the law on the issue. It is an offence to exceed the speed limit. Period. ACPO guidelines that you are referring to (10% +2 mph allowance) are just it, guidelines. Not all police forces have signed up to them and even those who have are not strictly obliged to follow them. So, yes, you can be done for doing 71 mph on a motorway. Of course, as a matter of practice, this is extremely unlikely, but a story of someone prosecuted for doing 32 in a 30 zone is entirely believable.

This is true, 10%+2 is just what most police set their cameras/guns at to guarantee a higher conviction rate. You can get done for 1mph over but that would be a bit harsh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentlemen, you are misunderstanding the law on the issue. It is an offence to exceed the speed limit. Period. ACPO guidelines that you are referring to (10% +2 mph allowance) are just it, guidelines. Not all police forces have signed up to them and even those who have are not strictly obliged to follow them. So, yes, you can be done for doing 71 mph on a motorway.

I appreciate what you're saying and you're right, it is just a guideline. However...

but a story of someone prosecuted for doing 32 in a 30 zone is entirely believable.

Not all* such stories are entirely believable. ;)

* Yes, I'm aware that's not what you said. :p

Ive said this before but speed does not kill it saves lives. If I hit someone when they step in the road at 35 mph . might seriously injure them ... however if I had been doing 60 mph I would have well passed them

Unbelievable

Pete

This is true, 10%+2 is just what most police set their cameras/guns at to guarantee a higher conviction rate. You can get done for 1mph over but that would be a bit harsh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although that is true, any challenge that went in, quoting the guidelines set by capo would win and the case instantly thrown out by CPS. The CPS are @*!# scared of loosing cases in court and any hint that they will they won't run with it.

If you saw some of the @*!# that I've seen been dropped by CPS over the years you would be shocked.

• Like 1

A friend of mine was on a speed awareness course recently, also on there was a

72 year old lady who was out shopping, never had a conviction in 40 years

but was done for 32 in a 30 limit..!!! WTF..!!! :surrender:

There you go "photo or it didn't happen".. :thumbs: :thumbs: ;)

Car-humor-joke-funny-old-woman-driving-granny-250.jpg

Very good Will

https://www.google.c...AB_1bey0w-L2Eos

Only trouble is this thread is not in the jokes section :doh:

• Like 1