Do all the people on here during normal hours work from home?

Neilp

Skiving at home or at work  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are you skiving at work?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • N/A
  2. 2. Are you skiving while at home, but supposed to be working?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • N/A

It's my business, so I am the boss! However, I am aware that my employees have to follow the 'Employee Handbook' which states

1. No connection to the Internet is permitted unless authorised by the Managing Director.

2. The System Administrator may limit the size of e-mail enclosures.

3. Files received via the Internet will not be opened without performing a virus scan using an IS approved and licensed software package.

4. Installation of web server software or any software on any PC owned by Asgard Engineering without IS review and approval is prohibited.

5. Connection to web sites or USENET Groups related to sex, illegal drugs, criminal skills, hate speech, on-line gambling, sports, entertainment, on-line merchandising, humour, or job search is prohibited.

6. Downloading any file from a non-approved FTP site is prohibited

So, by my reckoning - point 1 is satisfied as I'm the boss and as long as nobody on here talks about sex, sports, entertainment or humour then I can get away with point 5 as well!!
:thumbs: Edited by ianphampton
  • Like 2

It's my business, so I am the boss! However, I am aware that my employees have to follow the 'Employee Handbook' which states

1. No connection to the Internet is permitted unless authorised by the Managing Director.

2. The System Administrator may limit the size of e-mail enclosures.

3. Files received via the Internet will not be opened without performing a virus scan using an IS approved and licensed software package.

4. Installation of web server software or any software on any PC owned by Asgard Engineering without IS review and approval is prohibited.

5. Connection to web sites or USENET Groups related to sex, illegal drugs, criminal skills, hate speech, on-line gambling, sports, entertainment, on-line merchandising, humour, or job search is prohibited.

6. Downloading any file from a non-approved FTP site is prohibited

So, by my reckoning - point 1 is satisfied as I'm the boss and as long as nobody on here talks about sex, sports, entertainment or humour then I can get away with point 5 as well!!
:thumbs:

Looking at this - it pretty much means any post from SMD is prohibited when I log on at work!

Edited by ianphampton
  • Like 1

Well, apart from the topless ironing which one of my young male staff members told me I could do when I said that I needed more money (and I rejected on health and safety grounds :scare::lol: ) I have never been a desperate housewife I don't think. I haven't got a telly so am not quite sure what it entails but I think I might be guessing correctly.

Um housewifery IS work in my book ������������������

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I happen to be out and about when I have a day off I see a lot of what I suppose would be described as housewives. From what I can tell it seems to entail aimlessly trundling their brats around in push chairs, meeting other 'housewives' who are also pushing their brats around, stopping at a trendy cafe for a coffee and to talk about the little brats (nothing else), having a leisurely wander round the shops etc. It doesn't look especially taxing to me. And of course the rest of us have to do all the other so called 'housewife' activities - keeping the place clean etc. - when we get home from proper work! :stir:

Edited by sipar69

Well, apart from the topless ironing which one of my young male staff members told me I could do when I said that I needed more money (and I rejected on health and safety grounds :scare::lol: ) I have never been a desperate housewife I don't think. I haven't got a telly so am not quite sure what it entails but I think I might be guessing correctly.

Um housewifery IS work in my book ������������������

If I happen to be out and about when I have a day off I see a lot of what I suppose would be described as housewives. From what I can tell it seems to entail aimlessly trundling their brats around in push chairs, meeting other 'housewives' who are also pushing their brats around, stopping at a trendy cafe for a coffee and to talk about the little brats (nothing else), having a leisurely wander round the shops etc. It doesn't look especially taxing to me. And of course the rest of us have to do all the other so called 'housewife' activities - keeping the place clean etc. - when we get home from proper work! :stir:

not in my day tho! Costa Cafe Nero hadn't been dreamt of lol! These young mums never had it so good! But at least I didn't go back to work when they were like 9 months thank goodness! 😱😊

"If I happen to be out and about when I have a day off I see a lot of what I suppose would be described as housewives. From what I can tell it seems to entail aimlessly trundling their brats around in push chairs, meeting other 'housewives' who are also pushing their brats around, stopping at a trendy cafe for a coffee and to talk about the little brats (nothing else), having a leisurely wander round the shops etc. It doesn't look especially taxing to me. And of course the rest of us have to do all the other so called 'housewife' activities - keeping the place clean etc. - when we get home from proper work! "

Bloody hell I don't wheel infants around, now that would be hard work!! Being a housewife is brilliant and I am ideally suited to the post. I am fabulous at spending money daaahling and having an IQ in single figures really helps too :lol:

• Like 2

I also work in computers and I'm with Longsh07 - if I'm waiting for something or if I'm waiting for a client to do something then I may have a quick look on here - I keep one of my 4 screens just for the purpose :)

• Like 1

I also work in computers and I'm with Longsh07 - if I'm waiting for something or if I'm waiting for a client to do something then I may have a quick look on here - I keep one of my 4 screens just for the purpose :)

Four screens?! I'm only allowed two...

Also...

work in computers

:p

cat-computer-engineer.jpg

I finish at 4, dont judge me. :lol:

• Like 2