Paisley Freight: AVOID : AVOID : AVOID.

ZMANALEX

Not often I complain, however this one has got under my skin.

I shipped a 350Z Roadster boot lid to a fellow member recently.

The item was extremely well wrapped with 4 coverings of bubble plus extra corner padding and then into a flat 4mm card board box..

This was then double wrapped by 5mm card to give total protection, even a Sherman tank would have had a problem damaging this one.

I went the extra mile on the packaging as I wanted the item to arrive in one piece as insurance cover was not available on this item from Paisley Freight unless a total loss.

Item was collected on time, however, some how they managed to lose a boot lid in transit.

After carrying out their customary warehouse checks, around a week later they declared the consignment as lost and said that they would raise a claim and asked me to forward all the relevant paperwork, which I duly did.

Around 3 weeks later I received an email informing me that the item had now been found and did I want it shipped on to the original recipient or did I want the item returned to myself. I asked them to return to me as my customer had now sourced one elsewhere.

Item arrived back around one week later and it was obvious that the item had been opened by the courier for inspection and identification as it was returned to me with the minimum of wrapping. The outer double 5mm card covering was missing completely, as was all the internal bubble and added protection. Two of the corners were open, exposing the boot lid and damage was visible. I asked the courier guy If I could open the consignment before signing to which he agreed. It took a mere 10 seconds to remove the packaging exposing damage to two corners of the boot lid. The courier guy entered the damage into his hand held machine and I signed as receiving as damaged.

On contacting Paisley Freight they stated that they were sorry, however their terms and conditions clearly stipulate that there is no insurance cover for damage to this item. I explained that the item had been opened by their courier for inspection and identification purposes and that insufficient wrapping had been reapplied, to which they replied that their couriers are not a packaging company and that they would have wrapped the parcel best they could. I politely remonstrated with them, reiterating that the damage was caused by their couriers not wrapping the goods in a manner to safeguard any potential damage, however Paisley Freight were just not interested and refused to accept any form of responsibility.

In my view Paisley Freight and their agents have acted in an unacceptable and unprofessional manner showing little regard for the safeguard of the consignments that they ship. In this instance my view is that they have been neglectful and should have made sure that the item was wrapped in the manner in which it states in their own terms and conditions. If they had done this then I doubt very much that they would have damaged the goods.

Thankfully my customer was very understanding even though he was greatly inconvenienced, and I have since reimbursed him in full, however I am still out of pocket due to Paisley Freight not taking responsibility for their own or agents extremely poor level of service.

I would strongly advise everyone not to use Paisley Freight as this level of service is just not acceptable.

• Like 3

Have you checked the vin on the boot lid? What if one of their people swapped their damaged boot lid for your perfect one? You can't lose something for a week and then suddenly find it if you've declared it lost...unless it was taken off site and then replaced?

If we can rack up 9 pages about the fact that a TTRS is faster than a Zed then 20 pages on these idiots should be a doddle then post it on their facebook page.

Good call .... What a bunch of cowboys, post them up on the wall of shame (we have one at work)

Edited by tatooandy67

If we can rack up 9 pages about the fact that a TTRS is faster than a Zed then 20 pages on these idiots should be a doddle then post it on their facebook page.

What! No it isn't the VXR astra is though! (I'm joking by the way! :p )

Paisley freight seem to be either really good or terrible! There's some horror stories on Driftworks about them.

As Chris says they are just an agent, TNT seem to be the main company they use and we have many first hand experiences of how useless they are.

We use Fed-Ex for everything now, and the few times things have gone missing or been damaged they have always put it right, not the cheapest but the customer service is second to none.

• Like 1

As Chris says they are just an agent, TNT seem to be the main company they use and we have many first hand experiences of how useless they are.

We use Fed-Ex for everything now, and the few times things have gone missing or been damaged they have always put it right, not the cheapest but the customer service is second to none.

Yeah FED-EX are good, one of the only couriers with around 99% success rate

Recently had an issue where I had bought a set of skirts of fleabay and when they arrived was pretty obvious something had been stacked on top of the box and they were fresh damaged - luckily Taras at RT can fix it as I knew no point in even claiming.. Also recently when I reused then to despatch said skirts they missed the collection from work so had to show them over night as company policy is one attempted collection only - Very handy if you are running late and need to make up time . Driver couldnt find the address apparantly so unsure what satnav they use - Contacting the local TNT depot was lets say disappointing.

Have you checked the vin on the boot lid? What if one of their people swapped their damaged boot lid for your perfect one?

True story....One of my mates started having major problems with his lawn mower, on inspection he realized it wasn't his lawn mower, same make but not his, eventually he tracked it down to a neighbour who had stolen my mates mower and replaced it with his own :rant:

Pete

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that Alex. :rant:

Stick in a County Court Claim on line Cost £25 approx, sure when they get a

Summons they will agree a out of court Settlement as they don't want a

CCCJ against them as I'm sure you are in the right.

You will also get your initial Court outlay back. Good Luck mate.. :thumbs:

Interesting comments on the couriers - we've used TNT for the past 7 years and they collect from us every day. Bend over backwards to help. No problems whatsoever.

Now on the other hand FedEX.... they're something else!

It could be down to individual drivers.....I've seen some of these guys walking all over the stuff and chucking it about it the van :shrug:

Interesting comments on the couriers - we've used TNT for the past 7 years and they collect from us every day. Bend over backwards to help. No problems whatsoever.

It could be down to individual drivers.....I've seen some of these guys walking all over the stuff and chucking it about it the van :shrug:

I wonder if part of the "tnt are good" experience is because you're a direct customer of theirs, so they have a need to keep you happy. Unlike with paisley freight where you're just another person to tnt :shrug:

I wonder if part of the "tnt are good" experience is because you're a direct customer of theirs, so they have a need to keep you happy. Unlike with paisley freight where you're just another person to tnt :shrug:

We did have a contract with FedEx before TNT and found them crap...losing consignments etc... that's why we changed couriers

Sorry to hear that Alex. :rant:

Stick in a County Court Claim on line Cost £25 approx, sure when they get a

Summons they will agree a out of court Settlement as they don't want a

CCCJ against them as I'm sure you are in the right.

You will also get your initial Court outlay back. Good Luck mate.. :thumbs:

But they've prob got tonnes of ccjs against them and they just roll of the ducks back

^^^^^^^^^^

Although i agree to a point there comes a point in time where there is a tipping point and nothing travels faster than word of mouth. Its really difficult to get your business a decent name and reputation and it takes far less to screw it up and if you have a bad attitude that goes with bad reputation then its either time to change the company name or pack it in. They may only be agents but even so they're providing a service and it sounds hit and miss at the best of times. Just makes me wonder how many other clubs/forums use Paisley and just what percentage of their business consists of car clubs/forums?