350z vs audi tt rs

SJ350z

That video doesn't show exactly how modified each of the vehicles were. That TTRS was def modified, without a shadow of doubt.

The blue one in the second video has a stage 1 remap, no other mods

So technically this....

The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade gives you higher peak numbers of 410 horsepower and 447-ft. of torque, and gains of up to 76 horsepower and 95lb-ft are available throughout the power band!

Not bad for £1,200 + vat.

Why the hell didn't Nissan fit a turbo in the beginning. Obvious because of the GTR, but really, the 350 would have been the one to beat. Rather than being the underdog. But then looks and charisma stand leaps and bounds above Porsche, Audi and Beemers.

That video doesn't show exactly how modified each of the vehicles were. That TTRS was def modified, without a shadow of doubt.

So technically this....

The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade gives you higher peak numbers of 410 horsepower and 447-ft. of torque, and gains of up to 76 horsepower and 95lb-ft are available throughout the power band!

Why the hell didn't Nissan fit a turbo in the beginning. Obvious because of the GTR, but really, the 350 would have been the one to beat. Rather than being the underdog. But then looks and charisma stand leaps and bounds above Porsche, Audi and Beemers.

+100

So technically this....

No,technically this. . . .

"The blue one in the second video has a stage 1 remap, no other mods".

I didn't quote power figs or manufacturer. If it helps I do believe that Harrison's car (the blue one in the 2nd vid) had a Revo stage 1 remap and was ~400bhp. Most of the stage 1 remaps (Revo, APR, MRC etc etc) will give ~400bhp on a TTRS with no other mods.

I don't know if my posts are being misinterpreted, I'm not trying to promote the TTRS as a better car than the Z, I own a Z! I've been purely responding to the OP's question about how fast was a TTRS with facts backed up with experience of owning one.

TTRS is faster in a sprint than the Zed, did the original post need anymore than that ;)

These threads do have a tendency to pop up - we should have a standard templated one "I raced an [insert car brand here] the other day etc..."

Then have standard responses of "The Zed is a GT car not a sprinter" or "Its a ten year old car vs what is a more expensive/newer/higher tech/lighter/[insert other reason here] car so it wont be quicker" :stir:

• Like 1

Looks like we're back to the performance data versus how a car make you feel debate that crops up on this forum periodically. I was also quite surprised when I looked at TTRSs in terms of how quick they are on paper. But for me they sit squarely in that bracket of cars that just leave me feeling cold when I see them. I just wouldn't be happy as I leave the house and walk to the station casting a backward glance and smiling as I have done with all three of my Zs. I know that what a car looks like isn't the be all and end all, but it is a big part of owning a 'nice' car for me. I don't really care if it could leg it to 60mph faster than the Nismo - I still wouldn't have one. Ditto for all those really fast BMW Ms.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 3

TTRS is faster in a sprint than the Zed, did the original post need anymore than that ;)

These threads do have a tendency to pop up - we should have a standard templated one "I raced an [insert car brand here] the other day etc..."

Then have standard responses of "The Zed is a GT car not a sprinter" or "Its a ten year old car vs what is a more expensive/newer/higher tech/lighter/[insert other reason here] car so it wont be quicker" :stir:

Where is the fun in any of that, next you will be saying we should all love the 370z Nismo :shrug:

Where is the fun in any of that, next you will be saying we should all love the 370z Nismo :shrug:

na thats still to cheap for TeamM&S

not liking the 370N is like preferring the old shape TT over the TTRS (below)... pure sillyness :stir:

034_TT-RS_1.jpg

Edited by WINKJ

If they'd have fitted a turbo to the 350 as standard, I'd never have bought one.

Why Dan? Are you a NA man at heart?

Pretty much, yeah. Never used to be, but the Zed convinced me that that's the kind of engine I really enjoying working hard.

Always room for a good bit of FI though, in the right application: I couldn't imagine our old Impreza as an NA!

• Like 1

is it because, it would have made it as fast as 911 and the 911 costing more be would have just bought the 911?

Having driven a single turbo Zed back to back with the 911, at fast road speeds they're definitely comparable in performance, up to a point. They're both just so different to drive though, one is a hooligan and one more precise. Both bloody great on the right roads though :)

• Like 1

Looks like we're back to the performance data versus how a car make you feel debate that crops up on this forum periodically. I was also quite surprised when I looked at TTRSs in terms of how quick they are on paper. But for me they sit squarely in that bracket of cars that just leave me feeling cold when I see them. I just wouldn't be happy as I leave the house and walk to the station casting a backward glance and smiling as I have done with all three of my Zs. I know that what a car looks like isn't the be all and end all, but it is a big part of owning a 'nice' car for me. I don't really care if it could leg it to 60mph faster than the Nismo - I still wouldn't have one. Ditto for all those really fast BMW Ms.

^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^ except id still love a 1M and think they look awesome. :thumbs: (I am a bit bias though as I drive a 123d coupe)

• Like 1