350z vs audi tt rs

SJ350z

Like fishing with a hand grenade....

je6anaha.jpg

Spot on!!!! That's better than my steak vs vegetarian analogy. There's no fun in fishing with a grenade! You can't feel the line, choose your bait, Cast, focus intently for that all important bite..

Dave, I like it!

Edited by WINKJ

I remember a long long time ago going to work through the Dartford Tunnel when my Zed had a Buddy Club exhaust on it.... another Zed went past and gave his exhaust a blip... I smiled then before I could reciprocate a TTRS came alongside (probably 'with' the Zed) and gave his exhaust a blip.... I then gave the BC a blip :o both drivers looked over and gave the thumbs up :)

I'd happily have one as a DD. For me, they look a bit too similar to a standard TT to feel really special.

In terms of performance though, they'll nail pretty much anything. As the video above shows, they are GT-R quick.

Very true, does make me chuckle, if you dare to mention that a Zed isn't that quick you get all sorts of abuse on here, but mention a quicker car and all you get is 'it's ugly' :lol:

I would imagine the TTRS is infinitely easier to drive quickly than a Zed, that doesn't make it more fun but it does make it quicker in the real world :)

There is no question, Z's (50&70) are without doubt better looking than the TT. And yes, the RS doesn't look much different to a standard TT, especially with so many now adding RS spoilers and front grille. For the majority of us 'average' drivers the RS is definitely easier to drive fast in real world conditions, however the Z is much more involving and enjoyable. Both very good cars in their own right, but very different.

Posts of this nature are always going to split opinion, I'm sure if the same post was put up on a TT forum it would get a similar response but in favour of the Audi

• Like 1

In terms of quickess and in general, I wouldn't say no to a TT-RS... I almost went for a TTS but even second hand I thought too much money for the mileage. No one could argue the TTRS isn't quicker, its blistering and more so when modded. You choose the Zed for a number of different reasons, mainly...the way it feels. All that clunkyness and raw noise and barn door way it puts its power down makes it feel special, different..old skool. Some people like that some people don't. You won't get that in a TT-RS... you'd love it I think, I prob would had I got one, but I would never regret the Zed.... its a nice car to say you've owned and experienced..even if it keeps breaking bushes and exhausts and other stuff pml :lol:

Oh and in response to the sound thing....does anybody else hate that 'flat' noise from audi's and mercs etc with the flappy paddle boxes? It never hits its 'high note' and just changes gear in a boring manor lol...could just be me, I doubt it though

That video doesn't show exactly how modified each of the vehicles were. That TTRS was def modified, without a shadow of doubt.

TTRS for me looks nice but is just a TT at the end of the day.

Too many girls drive them and further at the end of the day they're ultimately an Audi driver, same club as the Beemer Brigade. Up your arse, no indication on motorways and drive for the sake of the badge.

• Like 2

That video doesn't show exactly how modified each of the vehicles were. That TTRS was def modified, without a shadow of doubt.

Too many girls drive them and further at the end of the day they're ultimately an Audi driver, same club as the Beemer Brigade. Up your arse, no indication on motorways and drive for the sake of the badge.

Very broad generalisation there Ian!

Absolutely spot on though :lol:

• Like 1

Very broad generalisation there Ian!

Absolutely spot on though :lol:

Okay so there's a majority that CAN drive an Audi or Beemer, but the volume of them on our motorways guarantees a ***** driving either brand up you're arse. Best part of it is though, half of them can't actually drive, so wait for the right moment, drop two cogs and say good night. Those arse soon realise that a Zed is not to be intimidated.

• Like 3