350z vs audi tt rs

SJ350z

Those TT RS's are seriously quick cars. We were at a VMax when a guy turned up in one of the first in the country, it was freakin' rapido. After a while it got a bit hot so he popped the 'hood' to help it cool down. Surrounded by VMaxers quickly as all engine bays do, the question was put - 'so what have you had done to it'?? His reply was - 'Err, nothing, just picked it up from the dealer that morning'!! :lol::)

I've been out in a ttrs with just a map on it and they are really quite impressive , huge real world performance and in this regard loads better than the 50/70 ... Would I buy one ... No .

Reality is, i guess this would be a lot of peoples answer, no need for justifying why, just no, especially at £25k plus!

I've been out in a ttrs with just a map on it and they are really quite impressive , huge real world performance and in this regard loads better than the 50/70 ... Would I buy one ... No .

Reality is, i guess this would be a lot of peoples answer, no need for justifying why, just no, especially at £25k plus!

The zeds look a lot faster than they actually are .... So I just tend to drive mine slowly and look good!

The zeds look a lot faster than they actually are .... So I just tend to drive mine slowly and look good!

They sound faster than they are with a nice Zorst too :)

There are so many variables that threads like this are a bit silly.

For example - on a track if you have an idiot in a TTRS and a skilled driver in the 350, the 350 will be faster.

But mainly - if you spent the same money buying and modifying a 350z as you did on a TTRS (£25k??), the 350z would be most likely be a lot quicker.

A fairer stock comparison for the 350z would be the old shape TT 225 Quattro, or the 3.2 V6.

A TTRS, being a much newer car with newer technology, assuming equal drivers and no mods to either, would certainly be faster than a 350. A much better comparison would be the 370z Nismo.

There are so many variables that threads like this are a bit silly.

For example - on a track if you have an idiot in a TTRS and a skilled driver in the 350, the 350 will be faster.

But mainly - if you spent the same money buying and modifying a 350z as you did on a TTRS (£25k??), the 350z would be most likely be a lot quicker.

A fairer stock comparison for the 350z would be the old shape TT 225 Quattro, or the 3.2 V6.

A TTRS, being a much newer car with newer technology, assuming equal drivers and no mods to either, would certainly be faster than a 350. A much better comparison would be the 370z Nismo.

Jesus, don't start them on the 370 nismo... For my sanity please NO

I'd happily have one as a DD. For me, they look a bit too similar to a standard TT to feel really special.

In terms of performance though, they'll nail pretty much anything. As the video above shows, they are GT-R quick.

Very true, does make me chuckle, if you dare to mention that a Zed isn't that quick you get all sorts of abuse on here, but mention a quicker car and all you get is 'it's ugly' :lol:

I would imagine the TTRS is infinitely easier to drive quickly than a Zed, that doesn't make it more fun but it does make it quicker in the real world :)

I'd happily have one as a DD. For me, they look a bit too similar to a standard TT to feel really special.

In terms of performance though, they'll nail pretty much anything. As the video above shows, they are GT-R quick.

Just been trolling google images for exactly that, a tt rs that looks "special" and there isnt much at all.

The gtr was reeling it in and passing it, it certainly wouldnt stay remotely close on a track and the one in the vid is tuned, put it up against the same in gtr and would be a different story :) imho

Std 1/4 mile for tt rs is 12.6 (apparently), 1 sec slower than a Gtr :)

@SMD: Agreed. I'd like to live with one for a bit, to see if the performance can make it feel special, but I'm not willing to punt £25K to find out.

Yeah I had my work cut out to persuade my other half not to get a TT, couldn't have stretched it to a TTRS, she was looking at a TTS which on paper was on a par with a Zed but a Quattro would maybe have been quicker...

TTRS is 4.1 to 60. 350Z is 5.9.

Facts speak for themselves.

Not sure where you're getting your figures from but Audi claims a 0-60mph of 4.6secs ~ with EVO magazine managing a 0-60mph of 4.4secs.

Granted still quicker than any of the standard 350's but still. Plenty of modern cars quicker than a 350 but similar age cars not so many.

Also from what I've read about the TTRS it's another Audi that suffers from understeer and really isn't a true drivers car although it is a good daily driver with high performance. Link: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/239629/audi_tt_rs_coupe_review.html

;)

• Like 1

Very true, does make me chuckle, if you dare to mention that a Zed isn't that quick you get all sorts of abuse on here, but mention a quicker car and all you get is 'it's ugly' :lol:

I would imagine the TTRS is infinitely easier to drive quickly than a Zed, that doesn't make it more fun but it does make it quicker in the real world :)

Which is what every single person has said on this thread... Nobody has argued the zed is quicker once.

I'm sure if many people on this forum wanted a quicker car they wouldn't of bought the zed. It's like saying you are a vegetarian and buying a steak 😉... You just wouldn't do it

Edited by WINKJ