350z vs audi tt rs

SJ350z

That video doesn't show exactly how modified each of the vehicles were. That TTRS was def modified, without a shadow of doubt.

The blue one in the second video has a stage 1 remap, no other mods

So technically this....

The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade gives you higher peak numbers of 410 horsepower and 447-ft. of torque, and gains of up to 76 horsepower and 95lb-ft are available throughout the power band!

Not bad for £1,200 + vat.

Why the hell didn't Nissan fit a turbo in the beginning. Obvious because of the GTR, but really, the 350 would have been the one to beat. Rather than being the underdog. But then looks and charisma stand leaps and bounds above Porsche, Audi and Beemers.

No,technically this. . . .

"The blue one in the second video has a stage 1 remap, no other mods".

I didn't quote power figs or manufacturer. If it helps I do believe that Harrison's car (the blue one in the 2nd vid) had a Revo stage 1 remap and was ~400bhp. Most of the stage 1 remaps (Revo, APR, MRC etc etc) will give ~400bhp on a TTRS with no other mods.

I don't know if my posts are being misinterpreted, I'm not trying to promote the TTRS as a better car than the Z, I own a Z! I've been purely responding to the OP's question about how fast was a TTRS with facts backed up with experience of owning one.

I was just trying to gauge a position of likely power bonus from stock but still 400 or 410 as above isn't going to make much difference.

Fact is the TTRS seems to perform VERY well in those vids, more so than the 400bhp or the important factor the torque. It seems to be making more of a dance than a stage one from those vids.

The GTR should have walked all over the TTRS and that particular GTR is not shy of any mods. Visually the vids don't add up.

Ah, I see. The stage 1 remap does actually make a big difference in performance. The other thing to bear in mind is that Rs in the video is an auto and the launch control on the Ttrs is reputed to be one of the best available (apparently). As people have so rightly stated - the GTR would catch it and overtake it. ;-)

Is it just me that feels the Corvette vs Monaro was less pointless than this thread?

here comes captain killjoy

pointless... how dare you :bleh:

Relight my fire, your love is my only desire. Relight my fire ... Relight my fire cos I need your love, yeah :band:

Edited by WINKJ

Is it just me that feels the Corvette vs Monaro was less pointless than this thread?

Pointless threads are like catnip to me :blush:

oi DAVE, i'm the cat nut on this forum

oooo i just thought with the DP you worked in a Chinese takeaway

infact, Pete (Jetset) may hold that title as he does have around 2000 cats!

Pointless threads are like catnip to me :blush:

oi DAVE, i'm the cat nut on this forum

oooo i just thought with the DP you worked in a Chinese takeaway

infact, Pete (Jetset) may hold that title as he does have around 2000 cats!

Pussy Pete :)

wait ive got to back a few pages ive forgot what the thread was about :blush:

Steve, it was about Ekona and SMD saying they wish they had a 370ZN ... honestly :D

really,you sure?....... Doesn't sound like them i mean they could buy a car just as comparable for a lot more :stir:

From what i can see in the vids is the gtr does catch up to the ttrs but the tt does seem to start better, but then if its using a launch control and the gtr isnt it was always going to

Do i seem to remember on early Gtr owners were advised not to use launch control or it would void the warranty and blow transmissions?

From what i can see in the vids is the gtr does catch up to the ttrs but the tt does seem to start better, but then if its using a launch control and the gtr isnt it was always going to

Do i seem to remember on early Gtr owners were advised not to use launch control or it would void the warranty and blow transmissions?

yea void warranty if it was used more than 3 times or something i think

yea void warranty if it was used more than 3 times or something i think

That probably goes to explain why those Gtr's werent using it then :)

I absolutely see no point in it anyway, when would you ever get the opportunity to use it, pull up at some lights and something pulls up next to you that you want to race, right let me just do this sequence and.........oh, the lights have changed and he has gone anyway ;)

wait ive got to back a few pages ive forgot what the thread was about :blush:

Steve, it was about Ekona and SMD saying they wish they had a 370ZN ... honestly :D

Nooooooooooooo :surrender:

My £35k will be going on a 3/4 year old XKR next year, 5.0l V8 Supercharged :) 510bhp :drive1

Meanwhile I'm saving up for a pint :lol: :lol: ;)