Defensive parking

tatooandy67

Bet you still got 2 cars next to you....

They'll always be some idiot who'll try to squeeze in next to someone else's car..

ngbbs470bbf8ec9cf9.jpg

:angry:

I like this guys idea ~ going to try it next time I'm at the Supermarket. :lol:

cart-circle.jpg

Hahahaha exactly my point!!!!!

• Like 1

I am not proud of it and I do know that it is inconsiderate, however I park like this every time I visit a supermarket. :blush:

Rather take a few derogatory comments from fellow shoppers or a ticket, than a bash in my car. :surrender: :rant:

Alex. :)

• Like 5

I am not proud of it and I do know that it is inconsiderate, however I park like this every time I visit a supermarket. :blush:

Rather take a few derogatory comments from fellow shoppers or a ticket, than a bash in my car. :surrender: :rant:

Alex. :)

I would do it too but the reason I don't is because I think it draws more attention to you and people are more likely to react (scratch, key, dent) because you parked like a twonk... Have you ever had this problem? If not, i may start!!!

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

I try to wait until it's late before I go to supermarkets, then I use the parent & child spaces. I hate the standard spaces. They really stress me out. My current car is 4 years old and has no dinks. That's how I want it to stay. Gary Lineker's new hairdo looks a bit daft.

There was a thread about this quite a while ago. Certain people had a go at me because I argued that if you park like that in a large, virtually empty, car park it isn't really hurting anyone. As has been said, I wouldn't personally because I think it's likely to draw negative attention. But I still can't really see the harm as long as you can be sure you're not denying anyone else a space ie big car park, loads of spaces, not very busy (although it could be argued you don't need to park defensively in those circumstances). If it inconveniences other drivers it's a no no.

I never take 2 spaces up in a car park, I too am worried it would actually draw more attention to the car and then might get vandalised. Plus I've managed to get a few parking fines lately so it makes me worry I'd get one for parking incorrectly. I guess getting 2 tickets would fix that lol.

Personally I'd have parked in that end space right up close to the kerb (while making sure not to kerb my wheels!). I always try and get the end spaces and do that so I can spread out more.

• Like 2

See i dont have enough confidence in humanity to park like this, despite wanting to. Sadly its just asking for a keying.

. +1!!!

Unless you're my mother who parks in the drop off/pick up points/quick stop things wherever she goes... Dangerous game if you ask me!

Edited by WINKJ

Personally I'd have parked in that end space right up close to the kerb (while making sure not to kerb my wheels!). I always try and get the end spaces and do that so I can spread out more.

+1 :thumbs:

I do this too, but sometimes it doesn't stop someone parking the normal distance from you so they can get the benefit of the space you tried to initially get :rant:
  • Like 1