Corvette C6

RafsZed

They still all look like big barges :shrug:

They are (nearly) all in the same race series, thats why. Mainly because despite their "heritage" they have only ever raced in one series apart from a few cameos, where Vettes have raced and won in just about everything everywhere.

Great argument well made there :lol:

They still all look like big barges :shrug:

They are (nearly) all in the same race series, thats why. Mainly because despite their "heritage" they have only ever raced in one series apart from a few cameos, where Vettes have raced and won in just about everything everywhere.

Great argument well made there :lol:

you made the claim they hadnt race outside aus , not me

The series is V8 Supercars where every team and 95% of the drivers are Australian. The point I was making is that the only time they race outside of Aus is when V8 Supercars go on tour. Corvettes last year alone won drivers, team and constructors championship in ALMS, won the LM 24 hours every year between 01 and 06 (with 4 1-2 finishes) and are used in GT racing all over the place as they have been for years and years.

The series is V8 Supercars where every team and 95% of the drivers are Australian. The point I was making is that the only time they race outside of Aus is when V8 Supercars go on tour. Corvettes last year alone won drivers, team and constructors championship in ALMS, won the LM 24 hours every year between 01 and 06 (with 4 1-2 finishes) and are used in GT racing all over the place as they have been for years and years.

then why not say that?

So in 6 pages we've discovered that Monaros aren't Vauxhalls, Monaros have had the LS1 & LS2 engines but never the LS3, Monaros have four seats, Monaros aren't convertible, Monaros are wallowy barges, Monaros race in Australia, Monaros have raced outside of Australia but only when the Australians go on holiday, and no one here has driven the Corvette that the OP asked about.

Good, I'm glad we've settled that then.

ETA; And my grasp of apostrophes isn't all that.

Edited by ilogikal1
  • Like 1

So in 6 pages we've discovered that Monaro's aren't Vauxhall's, Monaro's have had the LS1 & LS2 engines but never the LS3, Monaro's have four seats, Monaro's aren't convertible, Monaro's are wallowy barges, Monaro's race in Australia, Monaro's have raced outside of Australia but only when the Australian's go on holiday, and no one here has driven the Corvette that the OP asked about.

Good, I'm glad we've settled that then.

Well summed up :clap:

Entertainment value 9/10

Information value 2/10

• Like 1

H'mm ... just read through this thread - found some of the posts difficult to work out and had to read them more than once to get the drift of what the poster was trying to convey - haven't learnt much TBH and wonder if I'll ever get the wasted 40 minutes of my life back ;)

H'mm ... just read through this thread - found some of the posts difficult to work out and had to read them more than once to get the drift of what the poster was trying to convey - haven't learnt much TBH and wonder if I'll ever get the wasted 40 minutes of my life back ;)

You have to read it backwards now to reverse the time spent on reading it.

You have to read it backwards now to reverse the time spent on reading it.

Never thought of that ... it might make more sense too