Corvette C6

RafsZed

Hi guy's I have been reading up on these cars and for the money (circa £30,000 for a 2008 6.2 L) if you can cope with left hand drive, they seem to represent great value for money, they look great, sound amazing, are rare and go really well, seriously thinking this could be my next purchase after my Zed.

I am wondering what you guy's think, anyone ever driven one?

I wouldn't let LHD put you off, would soon get used to it I'd have thought. Only small niggle is using tolls, drive-thru's and parking gates. But its fine if you have a passenger. Awesome cars with a beautiful engine and that is incredible value for a rare and jaw-dropping car!

5473440195_99d8b84890_b.jpg

Ooooohh and this one is similar to an Azure Blue...

C6%20Corvette%20Parts.jpg

Edited by pjf1985

Not driven the C6 but here's my mates C5 I have driven it loads. No prob with L/H drive had lots of cars with the handlebars on the wrong side, very quick in a straight line, not to bad on corners, drive it on the throttle as his is manual 6 speed. Good fun car for not a lot of dosh..!!

180a9277ab6ae868b5ac3a0deab3b1e4.jpg

ca99dca63745595c276e75f9c5dec8d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If your just getting a base model ie not ZR1 etc as in the LS3 why not just go buy a monaro with the ls3 in at least steering wheel would be on right side and even cheaper to buy

because this looks a lot better then a Monaro and the roof comes off.

• Like 2

what £15 grand better looking and all they are is plastic

Are you really suggesting that someone who is interested in a Corvette should get a Monaro instead? That's a bit like someone coming on here and saying they can afford MPSS and what do people think of them, and someone recommending Falkens when the person didn't remotely ask about them in the first place, and their budget happily covers the premium option :p :p :p

But really, no-one looking at 'Vettes is going to settle for a Monaro. Completely different cars.

• Like 3

what £15 grand better looking and all they are is plastic

Are you really suggesting that someone who is interested in a Corvette should get a Monaro instead? That's a bit like someone coming on here and saying they can afford MPSS and what do people think of them, and someone recommending Falkens when the person didn't remotely ask about them in the first place, and their budget happily covers the premium option :p :p :p

But really, no-one looking at 'Vettes is going to settle for a Monaro. Completely different cars.

from the way way you and other go on about mpss there is a world of difference between a cheap tyre and mpss there isnt a world of difference between a monaro and a vette other than a price tag

Edited by StevoD

Unless you want the badge to show off 'corvette' i cant see why you pay twice as much for a bottom range vet than top of the range charger monaro i cant unless you in it for the poser status like Porsche jag owners :D

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

If your just getting a base model ie not ZR1 etc as in the LS3 why not just go buy a monaro with the ls3 in at least steering wheel would be on right side and even cheaper to buy

Monaro never came with a LS3.

Early cars (CV8 and VXR) are LS1. Facelift CV8 is LS1, but the facelift VXR has a LS2.

Early cars (CV8 and VXR) are LS1. Facelift CV8 is LS1, but the facelift VXR has a LS2.

My mistake still not 15k slower than than a vet

My mistake still not 15k slower than than a vet

It isn't all about speed.

I am currently weighing up the pro's and cons of getting a C5 or a Monaro. Both LS1 engined, both just as fast as the other, both circa £10k, but hands down the C5 is a better looking car.

Only reason I am even considering the Monaro is because of the back seats.