Corvette C6

RafsZed

Suppose it would be better have the corvette badge than the vauxhall, however having a Nissan surely shows we aren't badge snobs :lol:

Tbh for 30K it is good, but what else can you get for 30K 6 years old??

I tend to get on my high horse about this, so please indulge me....

Monaro is not a Vauxhall!!!!

If you think it is, then you may as well say the Corvette is a bloody Vauxhall as they both come from General Motors.

True but corvette is a prestige brand tho its not a corsa if it in that case a Jag is this, and the C5/monaro thinig yea if there the same price but the scenario here is the monaro is half the cost by 15k of the c6 is it really 15K worth more of car, not really is it 15k worth of impressive badge maybe

tata-nano.jpg

Edited by StevoD

there isnt a world of difference between a monaro and a vette other than a price tag

Please tell me you don't actually believe that.

ONE HAS FOUR SEATS AND IS A WAFTING BARGE. ONE IS A TWO SEAT SPORTS CAR.

It's like comparing an M3 and a 360.

• Like 2

just going by the op opening statement of they look good sounds nice go well

well a monaro will go just as well as a vet

a monaro will sounds exactly the same as a vette all LS do

look good subjective but i can see how a car can look £15k as good unless you want showoff points

to me go well is acceleration, if he said it handled well then well id imagine he would have said they handle well?

I'm confused,

The VXR8, is this not still a monaro thus still vauxhall?

This is a genouine questiong and not trolling :lol:

VXR8 is not a monaro.

For a start it has 4 doors.

Both are built by Holden in Australia.

The VXR8 starts life as a Holden Commodore, then becomes a HSV Clubsport R8, then gets shipped to the UK and gets Vauxhall badges on.

• Like 1

Have seen some silly arguments on here but this one is one of the silliest :lol:

Monaro or Corvette is a rediculous choice as totally different machines for different people :headhurt:

Is my luxo barge Jag similar to everyones 350z as they have pretty much the same performance :shrug:

Different brand etc miles different segment, yes ones a sports car and one is a coupe but both are muscle cars and both share alot of components ie brakes, engine, transmission, Diff and both are from the same company

my point is the op liked the sound so he likes the sound of the LS engine he likes its performance which last time i looked up performance states they were all 0-60 etc nothing to do with handling,

the op can get a car

using the same engine base C6 did have a ls2 in ive found out

using the alot of the same if not similar suspension parts,

that in real world covers a standing quarter well within a second of a vette

the practicality wise of it is just a bonus

Just for half the cost which i cant see as a bad thing unless your a brand whore

im sure there are people on the forum who would shop at waitrose to buy the same brand of bread for fiver than get the same item from asda for £1

Just so they can be seen as higher society or better than everyone else

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

They are still high performance cars so surely they're in the same market? You can't compare an MX5 and a Mondeo because they really are different, one is a sports car and the other a family saloon. The Monaro/VXR8 can be compared to a Corvette because they have a lot more in common.

They are still high performance cars so surely they're in the same market? You can't compare an MX5 and a Mondeo because they really are different, one is a sports car and the other a family saloon. The Monaro/VXR8 can be compared to a Corvette because they have a lot more in common.

In what way?

Either way we are comparing chalk & cheese and that's the point isn't it?

You can compare similar cars at different price points, ie Zed, Cayman, XKR as they are all Coupes.

I can't honestly see anyone in the market for a Corvette C5 thinking "hang on what about a 4 door saloon instead...."

ok motor trend quick a big group in the us compared under sport compact class (same way a vett and gto/monaro are classed as muscle cars)

srt4

mustang

350z

evo

golf r32

None of the cars are alike but they compared them all as there in the same sector

o and dave last time i counted doors on a monaro there were 2 not 4 :p

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1