Corvette C6

RafsZed

ok motor trend quick a big group in the us compared under sport compact class (same way a vett and gto/monaro are classed as muscle cars)

srt4

mustang

350z

evo

golf r32

None of the cars ares alike but they compared them all as there in the same sector

o and dave last time i counted doors on a monro there were 2 not 4 :p

Ah ok fair cop, I don't know much about Monaros because I was looking for a COUPE not a saloon when I got my Zed :p

How can they be in the same 'sector' when they are totally different cars :shrug:

If we didn't buy cars on looks then there wouldn't be many Zeds around lets face it :lol:

Edited by spursmaddave

"So, I've got £30K in the bank for a V8 muscle car*, and man do I really fancy a Corvette! But wait, I could have a Monaro for £15K less, that's totally what I'm going to buy!"

Said no-one, ever.

*Corvette isn't a muscle car, but I let it slip this once.

They are still high performance cars so surely they're in the same market? You can't compare an MX5 and a Mondeo because they really are different, one is a sports car and the other a family saloon. The Monaro/VXR8 can be compared to a Corvette because they have a lot more in common.

In what way?

Either way we are comparing chalk & cheese and that's the point isn't it?

You can compare similar cars at different price points, ie Zed, Cayman, XKR as they are all Coupes.

I can't honestly see anyone in the market for a Corvette C5 thinking "hang on what about a 4 door saloon instead...."

But the Monaro is not just a 4 door saloon, it is a high performance car with the same engine so has a lot of the same features plus added practicality and at a lower price.

And yes I did look at Scooby's and Evo's as competitors when I got my Zed, because I wanted a performance car and practicality did cross my mind, but then I just thought sod it lol.

Edited by pjf1985

They are still high performance cars so surely they're in the same market? You can't compare an MX5 and a Mondeo because they really are different, one is a sports car and the other a family saloon. The Monaro/VXR8 can be compared to a Corvette because they have a lot more in common.

In what way?

You can compare similar cars at different price points, ie Zed, Cayman, XKR as they are all Coupes.

I can't honestly see anyone in the market for a Corvette C5 thinking "hang on what about a 4 door saloon instead...."

But the Monaro is not just a 4 door saloon, it is a high performance car with the same engine so has a lot of the same features plus added practicality and at a lower price.

Not a Corvette coupe though is it.... depends if you want to impress women or men I guess....

"So, I've got £30K in the bank for a V8 muscle car*, and man do I really fancy a Corvette! But wait, I could have a Monaro for £15K less, that's totally what I'm going to buy!"

Said no-one, ever.

15k monaro with 15k of suspension work etc would out perform a base c6 anyday tho

Said no-one, ever.

15k monaro with 15k of suspension work etc would out perform a base c6 anyday tho

A 5k mx5 with 5k of work would out perform a 10k Zed too wouldn't it :shrug:

Oops I was comparing a 2 seater to another 2 seater, my bad :blush:

ok motor trend quick a big group in the us compared under sport compact class (same way a vett and gto/monaro are classed as muscle cars)

srt4

mustang

350z

evo

golf r32

None of the cars ares alike but they compared them all as there in the same sector

o and dave last time i counted doors on a monro there were 2 not 4 :p

Ah ok fair cop, I don't know much about Monaros because I was looking for a COUPE not a saloon when I got my Zed :p

How can they be in the same 'sector' when they are totally different cars :shrug:

If we didn't buy cars on looks then there wouldn't be many Zeds around lets face it :lol:

Curious would in your mind be fair to compare

a corvette zr1 and a camaro zr1?

Said no-one, ever.

A 5k mx5 with 5k of work would out perform a 10k Zed too wouldn't it :shrug:

Oops I was comparing a 2 seater to another 2 seater, my bad :blush:

yea and whats your point?

but you cant compare them tho as there completely different car tho i mean ones got a fabric roof

Edited by StevoD

srt4

mustang

350z

evo

golf r32

None of the cars are alike but they compared them all as there in the same sector

I think it was probably more that they are all similarly priced. A Monaro is no more a Corvette than an XJR is an F Type, or a 135d is a 735d, or a Renault Espace is a 350Z, if you cant see that youre deluded.

A Monaro is based on a 4 seat saloon car chassis which originally started life in the Vauxhall Carlton. The Corvette has always been a purpose built 2 seat coupe with more than a slight inclination towards racing. They are not even comparable.

Monaro is not a Vauxhall!!!!

If you think it is, then you may as well say the Corvette is a bloody Vauxhall as they both come from General Motors.

Best cut them legs off your horse then mate, V2 was based on the Commodore which itself was based on the Omega B, which as you know was badged as a Vauxhall in the UK ........... ;)

always a sports car huh

And still look much uglier, and still have two more seats, and not be able to take the roof off...

ive read the first post a few times now and i cant see where he says two seats are what he likes about it or the roof coming off

• Like 1

In what way?

Not a Corvette coupe though is it.... depends if you want to impress women or men I guess....

But not everyone buys a car to impress, some like it for its drive. Plus how do coupes automatically make the driver more masculine? That's BS. Maybe the OP doesn't need a car to help him with the ladies, or gents, or whatever floats his boat lol.

so what were saying is to put in other terms

monaro vxr = s15 silvia spec r

covette (chevy flagship) = skyline(nissan flagship)

now as the c6 will be a bargin bucket version lets use a lower spec skyline

so your telling me a silvia s15 spec r isnt anyway comparable to a r34 skyline gtt

infact a monaro and vette are close as the both run the same engine and drivetrain

Edited by StevoD

ive read the first post a few times now and i cant see where he says two seats are what he likes about it or the roof coming off

Where does he say he doesn't?

You're being deliberately obtuse. Let me state this again, just for absolute clarity: NO-ONE WHO WANTS A CORVETTE IS GOING TO GIVE A SIDEWAYS GLANCE AT A BLOODY VAUXHALL.

The OP drives a Zed currently, says a 2 seater Coupe is nice looking, and is then told to spend half the money on a saloon :wacko:

Where exactly did they say they need something with more than 2 seats and a big boot :shrug:

he isnt told to do anything, it was an option which could save the bloke 15k if all he wanted was a bit of speed and the sound of a ls engine, i dint sit there going you have to buy these cause there the best like some do on here

Where does he say he doesn't?

You're being deliberately obtuse. Let me state this again, just for absolute clarity: NO-ONE WHO WANTS A CORVETTE IS GOING TO GIVE A SIDEWAYS GLANCE AT A BLOODY VAUXHALL.

he doesnt say he wants a 4x4 or ground clearance either so thats that fixed

Corvett-Monster.jpg

o he also didnt say he didnt want a limo

chevrolet-corvette-stretched-limousine-02.jpg

o he also didnt say he didnt wanted a boat

2008-malibu-boats-corvette-limited-edition-sport-v-trailer-1920x1440.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

You're being deliberately obtuse. Let me state this again, just for absolute clarity: NO-ONE WHO WANTS A CORVETTE.......

I want a Corvette :)

Were you sating something else Dan :shrug: . . I kinda stopped at Corvette :lol:

• Like 1