Which of your previous cars do you miss the most?

NeilMH

I most of all have missed my MkII Golf GTI 16V - with bad boy big bumpers.

Was superbly fast for the time and handled like a dream.

Would have been worth keeping too for the amount of interest there is out there for MKII's

Always wanted the Alpha GTV and the Capri 2.8 injection.

Could not afford to run the Alpha and could not afford to buy the Capri at the time.

I have a soft spot for the Hillman Imp as this was my first car - which had to be sold - as there was nothing further to skim off the head !!! :-)

Am seeming to keep hold of my cars now - get too attached !!!

They are a

How barge-like are they? Really wallowy and not that quick, or are they actually pretty sporty for what they are?

Lol they are a barge mate but it's a different kind of car ownership, a real head turner I never saw another one on the road which I what I liked about it only bought it for the looks, not to slow but only 280bhp which for a car that weighs nearly 2 ton just wasn't enough it was a long distance cruiser

Looks like that might be a dimma kit or something similar on that 5 Raider.

The kit is a "Corsa" kit not a Dimma, the Corsa kit had the Ferrari style side vents, the Dimma didn't, the raider was introduced to answer the 205gti 1.9 with 130hp By raising the power from the standard gt turbos 120 to 127 along with the afor mentioned blue pearl paint, wheel inserts and blue fleck in the seats.

You are right on the bodykit, the Dimma one only had 2 vents in the rear 1/4 kit and the very similar Corsa kit (made by Prima Racing) had 4 vents making it more like a testarossa style. Good spot. :thumbs: There was also a "Skeete" kit which was pretty much the same but had no vents, a mate of mine has a Skeete 5 GTT in his garage.

Your wrong on the Raider though. It definitely only had the same power & engine as the normal 5 GT turbos. There were only 2 "phases" of the 5 GTT`s. The first ones were phase 1, and had only 115bhp. They could do 0-60 in 7.2 seconds as standard (Renault did a TV advert showing in real time one doing 0-60 in 7.5 on a really wet track) compared to the 8.1 seconds of the slower Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9. In 1988 Renault revised the 5, altered the bodykit, interior, suspension, wheels, changed the turbo for a water cooled one, changed the AEI pack to increase the red line by 500rpm and these ones produced 120bhp. The "raider" didnt come out until late 89/90 on G/H plates, 5 or 6 years after the 1.9 GTi came out.

Ive had 3 GTT`s and ive still got one which ive had since 1995 which is currently my project car. I also had a 205 GTi 1.9 back in the 90`s at the same time as a 5 GTT. Driving them back to back, the GTi wasnt even close performance wise and certainly no threat. Whilst it was slower and didnt handle quite as good it was still a very fun car to drive. The engine was very revvy and I remember after I added a janspeed exhaust system it sounded pretty awesome. Whilst I preferred the handling/performance of the 5GTT and the turbo kick, the GTi definitely looked better. The styling both inside & out - It felt more "modern" and much less plasticy.

Any photos of your motors?

I also had a phase 1 gt turbo in pearl White, a 205 1.9 gti in white, a R11 turbo in silver and an R18 turbo in silver, really enjoyed owning those cars back in the day, the performance data I quoted for the Raider was from the ownership brochure I got with the car. the raider ran 9psi not the standard 7psi (was running 30psi when I was finished with it lol)

I even had it featured in a R5 turbo shootouts at brunters for "fast car mag" in May 1997

Happy days :)

Will see if I can dig out the old mag article, no laughing at the photo though lol

I probably have that issue somewhere! I remember I used to buy all the car mags if they had a Renault 5 in them back then!

Stock psi on all the 5GTT`s was about 8/9psi. They were so easy to modify though that very few remained standard. You could increase the boost to about 14psi just by poking a hole in one of the actuator pipes which would give you roughly 145bhp with a few other easy bits like exhaust/airfilter/strapped intercooler etc.

Got some pix of my 5 in my blog in my signature. http://www.turbonutter.co.uk I was hoping to get it back on the road this year, but family/work has meant ive had no free time. Its looking now more like it will be a winter project ready for next spring.

Got photos of a lot of my old cars, will have to dig some out.

• 2 weeks later...

My first,second,third and fourth Zeds closely followed by a black Audi A8 3.0 TDI quarto purely for the comfort and refinement. Also ,equally favourite my 350 S class Mercedes in midnight blue