997.2 Carrera 2S PDK - SOLD

Ekona

So my 911 is now up for sale, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a better value gen2 997 anywhere else for sale.

45,000 miles

Basalt Black metallic paint

PDK gearbox

Sport Design paddleshift steering wheel

Porsche sports exhaust

Sport/Sport Plus modes

19 inch Carrera Sport wheels

Wheels painted in exterior colour

Adaptive sports seats with driver memory package

Heated seats

Electric tilt/slide sunroof

Cruise control

iPod connection

ParkAssist

Extended navigation

TV tuner

Seat belts in Guards Red

Porsche Exclusive seat stitching in Guards Red

Full OPC service history

MOT until October 2014

Tax until October 2014

Porsche VTS tracker

I’m the 3rd owner of this car, purchased from OPC Colchester in October ‘10. She had 20K on the clock when I picked her up, but looked like a 2K mile car which is what caught my attention in the first place. Since then, I’ve only put 25K miles on in under 4 years and there has been no expense spared in my ownership time. She has had both official services carried out by OPC Colchester in 2010 and 2012, so the next service is a minor one. She also had an interim oil change and full inspection by PSR Automotive in Bishop Stortford in Sept '11, using only genuine Porsche parts and Mobil 1. I carried out my own oil change in Aug ’13, again using genuine parts and Mobil 1.

In June ‘11 I had the PSE and Sport modes retrofitted by OPC Colchester. This gives the same sport buttons and options as the factory-fitted option (sharper throttle response, faster shifting gears, and launch control) but with the added benefit of no dash-mounted clock, or wart as affectionately referred to by other owners! The PSE gives a gorgeous throaty growl to the exhaust note, but with absolutely zero drone. It’s switchable and is a must-have on any 997 IMHO.

All tyres are N-rated Bridgestone RE050A and have at least 5mm of tread left. The wider Carrera Sport wheels allow the C2S to run 305mm width tyres, which is the same size as the GT3. In Jan ’12 I took the car to Center Gravity to have a complete suspension check and full alignment. The car was given a clean bill of health and the alignment carried out to my exact specs. Since then, I have had PSR carry out the alignment checks and reset to the CG specs.

I have been a member of PCGB and 911UK.com since I purchased the car, and have kept a folder with receipts for everything I’ve mentioned above. In addition, the car has been garaged and maintained with a selection of Swissvax, Dodo Juice, Meguiars and Autoglym products. In June ’11 I had the paintwork on the car corrected to remove the swirls that were there prior to my ownership, and with a coat of Swissvax Zuffenhousen wax the paintwork absolutely gleams. A new genuine Porsche battery was also fitted in March 2013.

The car does have finance outstanding on it, and is due the minor service mentioned above. I will get the service carried out by either Colchester OPC or by PSR Automotive, the choice of which shall be down to the buyer. Alternatively, I’m sure we can come to an arrangement over the price and you are then free to have it serviced wherever you wish.

As you can tell, I love this car and have spent a lot (both in terms of money and hours) making sure she looks as good as she runs. The low pressure fuel pump recall has been completed on the car, and the software to the PDK gearbox is up to date. I’ve also had the recent 7-digit postcode update to the PCM sat nav installed, with the latest maps. Any inspection is welcome, but test drives only with proof of licence and fully comp insurance please.

Any questions or queries welcomed.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 2

That was bloody quick - maybe you should have put another £3k on the ticket ;-)

Some bloke rang me up and offered me £500 over asking price, but the other chap was on his way down to view and I'm too nice to do that to someone :(

• Like 2

For a gen2, yes. Basically I've just set a new low bar for the car, must really annoy other owners :lol:

Could've got more if I'd been prepared to wait, but tbh that's just hassle I don't need really.

For a gen2, yes. Basically I've just set a new low bar for the car, must really annoy other owners :lol:

Could've got more if I'd been prepared to wait, but tbh that's just hassle I don't need really.

Well done Dan. :clap:

I did the same with my R35 GT-R in June 2013.

Priced it to move quickly and it was gone in 3 hours courtesy of an advert in PistonHeads.

I had another car waiting so I priced it to sell.

Got a phone call from my local NHPC moaning that it was to cheap, to which I replied, well I got 5 grand more than what you offered me as a P/X. :lol:

• Like 3