Navdy - Feels like driving in the future...

Adrian@TORQEN

Utterly ridiculous idea. The last thing most people need is more distractions. No-one needs to read texts or tweets or status updates when driving. And hand gestures? Really? Yeah, 'cos they work flawlessly on other devices and at no point are you left waving your hands around in various crazy states trying to get it to work!

Love the bit about not having to refocus because it is set at a 2m focal length too: That just about sums up how far down the road many people look.

• Like 7

Utterly ridiculous idea. The last thing most people need is more distractions. No-one needs to read texts or tweets or status updates when driving. And hand gestures? Really? Yeah, 'cos they work flawlessly on other devices and at no point are you left waving your hands around in various crazy states trying to get it to work!

Love the bit about not having to refocus because it is set at a 2m focal length too: That just about sums up how far down the road many people look.

have to fully agree with this

have to fully agree with this

I partly agree but not whole heartedly.

I see that one of the critically important life changing issues that this device is portrayed as existing for in the promotional material is so somebody can invite the beardy twit out for a coffee. I really don't know how we survived for the thousands of years during which such important issues couldn't be communicated to us instantly.

This daft gadget just underlines the totally incorrect belief that reading texts, tweets (whatever) about ridiculous trivia is so important that it can't wait until we get home or stop the car somewhere safe.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 2

I see that one of the critically important life changing issues that this device is portrayed as existing for in the promotional material is so somebody can invite the beardy twit out for a coffee. I really don't know how we survived for the thousands of years during which such important issues couldn't be communicated to us instantly.

This daft gadget just underlines the totally incorrect belief that reading texts, tweets (whatever) about ridiculous trivia is so important that it can't wait until we get home or stop the car somewhere safe.

Whilst I agree 1000% with this, I think you need to understand the total and under utter dependence the younger generations have on social media. Now if this helps save lives because the little tweeters aren't looking down at their phones and cant be made to stop doing and it actually makes things safer then how can it be a bad thing?

Edited by Flex

Whilst I agree 1000% with this, I think you need to understand the total and under dependence the younger generations have on social media. Now if this helps save lives because the little tweeters aren't looking down at their phones and cant be made to stop doing and it actually makes things safer then how can it be a bad thing?

The younger generations imo really need to be taught some slap in the face common sense ~ not be given things to help them Tweet/FaceDouche easier whilst driving.

It's simple imo; you're driving a car ~ your phone goes in your pocket and you concentrate on driving ~ if it rings or bleeps you find a safe place to pull over then check your phone if you really need to or as I do just wait till you get home.

• Like 2

Whilst I agree 1000% with this, I think you need to understand the total and under dependence the younger generations have on social media. Now if this helps save lives because the little tweeters aren't looking down at their phones and cant be made to stop doing and it actually makes things safer then how can it be a bad thing?

Absolutely :clap:

Doesn't matter what a load of 20/30/40/50 or even 60 something's think on here about social media, it is here to stay, a few years back nobody saw the point in text messages but with 4G and even better coming there won't be anywhere to hide from the interweb :p

Doesn't matter what a load of 20/30/40/50 or even 60 something's think on here about social media, it is here to stay, a few years back nobody saw the point in text messages but with 4G and even better coming there won't be anywhere to hide from the interweb :p

Cheers Dave.

3 to go :)

It used to be evolution picked off the lame, old and weak. Nature has found a new way. Convincing idiots they need to be connected 24/7 and then finding novel ways to distract them while driving. It'll keep some runts out the gene pool. :lol:

Just hope you're not in front or oncoming :scare:

• Like 1

Sorry. Not with either of you on this at all. The logic appears to be - people use social media a lot therefore it isn't acceptable to suggest that there are circumstances in which social media shouldn't be used. There are many situations in which any rational person would say it's inappropriate to be checking texts etc and driving a car is just one of them.

• Like 1

Sorry. Not with either of you on this at all. The logic appears to be - people use social media a lot therefore it isn't acceptable to suggest that there are circumstances in which social media shouldn't be used. There are many situations in which any rational person would say it's inappropriate to be checking texts etc and driving a car is just one of them.

yes I agree with this as I previously said but if there's no way of controlling this then a work around has to be found. The number of people I see looking at their phones whilst driving is untrue. Despite the fines and prison if you hurt someone whilst using your phone whilst driving it still doesn't stop people offending. How can it be a bad thing if this reduced accidents??

I think it's bad in principle because it validates inappropriate behaviour. I don't want to see gadgets that imply you can safely do things you shouldn't be doing at all. (And I'm not convinced it would be significantly less distracting).

I'm not having a go at your views - we just see this from a different perspective.

Edited by sipar69