Junction 17 - Nottingham. questionable gearbox comments

Azure350z

Hey everyone. I visited Junction 17 cars in Nottingham today as I'm thinking of trading my 350z in for a 370z.

Whilst there I enquired on a px value for my 350z and they informed me that every 350z gearbox dies after 80,000 miles as the 6th gear synchros go. I explained that this was an issue on the early 03's but the 56 plates had a revised cd009 gearbox and it was much less of an issue. Anyway I felt the info was rubbish but wanted to get everyone else's opinion on cd009 gearboxes dying at 80000 miles (apparently every gearbox at 80000-90000 regardless of how it was driven or looked after.

Ive been up to them recently looking at their Zeds, didn't get a good feeling from them. Both of their 350s had fairly iffy feeling clutches but they swore blind they were fine and pushed a very hard sell. My Mrs and I felt very uncomfortable.

Would avoid.

Hawker

Edited by hawker1986

They do seem to have some nice 370's up there but I've never once heard a good thing about them. While I have had no dealings with them myself the fact that they quite often get bad write ups would lead me elsewhere.

For the record my 07 Rev-Up is on 95k and the gearbox is good as gold. Sounds to me like there trying to pull a fast one.

Some more info here about Junction 17; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82778-junction17-cars/

Some reviews on the net:

A bunch of Con-men.

Horrible people here, especially Mark.

Do not buy from here. The customer service is not existent. Check the car over completely before buying otherwise they will stitch you up completely.

As many others have discovered, this place is staffed by a bunch of cheating con artists who stock rubbish cars and WILL rip you off

http://www.whatsmycarworth.co.uk/dealer/junction-17-cars-973.shtml

Although it's worth pointing out they also have some good reviews too but after the BS they where telling you Azure350z about the gearbox I'd definitely avoid or at least be very wary if buying from them. I wouldn't trust them anyway. :dry:

• Like 1

I bought my zed from j17 nottingham and they were a very pushy bunch on the phone, they said the condition was excellent and i found a small dent on the front wing, but as i travelled over 100miles to see it they agreed if i bought the car they would send some1 to fix it at my house, but when i rung them back 2 days later they said they couldn't as there not insured to repair off-site.

I def wouldnt recommend buying from here unless you can get a really good deal.

Lies lies lies! Loads of cars on here with over 100k and can't remember any of them having issues with gearbox

Mine does :/ lol and i find 6th gear hard to find!

haha I acutually tthought about you when I was posting it... but then thought that you just had clutch problems

• Like 1

Hey everyone. I visited Junction 17 cars in Nottingham today as I'm thinking of trading my 350z in for a 370z.

Whilst there I enquired on a px value for my 350z and they informed me that every 350z gearbox dies after 80,000 miles as the 6th gear synchros go. I explained that this was an issue on the early 03's but the 56 plates had a revised cd009 gearbox and it was much less of an issue. Anyway I felt the info was rubbish but wanted to get everyone else's opinion on cd009 gearboxes dying at 80000 miles (apparently every gearbox at 80000-90000 regardless of how it was driven or looked after.

As everyone else has said utter crap, plenty on here well over 100k and still going strong, also some with a lot less and had to have major work done :shrug:

Clutches yes, if it lasted 80k you would be lucky

Yep seen plenty of posts and heard others talking about this Juntion 17 (I did look at them when I was searching and they did have a hell of a lot of Zeds) and all of them bad or iffy... I'd avoid them.

They work on a high-turnover rate of cars, and they also work on the principle that if you can blind the customer with science they're less likely to cause you any harm.

They have a lot of nice motors there, and tbh my next purchase may well come from them, but I will go in with my eyes firmly open and everything will be in writing.