Junction 17 - Nottingham. questionable gearbox comments

Azure350z

oh God! they sound just like Parkway Motor Group in Mansfield, where I bought my car just over 2 years ago! Would avoid them at any cost as well!

Totally opposite experience with Parkway for me, Had the issue where the ECU needed sending off to USA for a reflash to cure an idling and surging issue, they sent that off via Mark @ Abbey and paid for that without issue ( and i know how much it cost and i can say it certainly was not cheap ), then when the Concentric Slave Cylinder went they came to my house picked the car up and sorted that out again without issue.

I was going to go to Junction 17 myself when Zed hunting, thank god the one i did buy was not from there or i fear it would be a court case by now.

A few years back this company used to treat their customers as repeat buyers, you know "treat them well and they'll buy from us again", this seems to have gone down the toilet as I've not heard anything good about them at all, reneging on promises of work they would do, failure to honour collection dates, poor servicing, the list goes on and on and on. If you are not experienced then take your money elsewhere.

Edited by samsniss350z

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the bump, thought I would post here instead of starting a new topic.

I purchased a 350z from them last weekend (Nottingham branch) and was initially impressed! I wanted my friend to have the test drive on my behalf as he owns a 350z and knows what to look for whereas I have no idea whats normal and whats not, but the salesman (Ian?) ended up chucking us the keys and letting us go off on our own test drive, result! Deposit left.

However things turned for the worse when it came to the weekend collection and meeting their manager (Lee?) and I had to sit through 20mins of him trying to force their warranty upon me. They convientently had already applied for the finance with warranty included and would now have to "re-do the lot without warranty etc". When this didnt work they tried bribing me with free services, then switched to stressing it was only an extra "£30pcm" month repeatedly etc. Very patronising!

They also handed over the car with both key batteries flat, and a bodged drivers door window motor (pinch doesnt work, its dieing)..

So yeah my experience with them, could be better I suppose but there wasn't much choice within a 50 mile radius.

• Like 1

Sargara - did you buy the 04 grey model? I the car in the petrol just after I picked mine up from them on Saturday. I remember asking them for the keys for that one to compare a couple of bits with the one I bought and the batteries were flat.

I must admint my experience was a much better one than yours from start to finish. I spent ages looking over the car and they just came out to me once asking if they could help, I said I'm ok for now and they left me alone until I went to ask them for the keys and service book. They just gave me the keys and again left me to my own devices for a good while, got the chance to start it up and leave it to warm up and give it a really thorough looking over.

When I finally went in to talk numbers I think I ended up with a fairly good deal, probably could/should have pushed for more, but I was happy with the deal given I was being lazy and traded in my passat estate. Once numbers agreed, went back the next day (when the forecast was for better weather), took it for a drive, again he just gave me the keys for me and my dad to go out on our own, which I was surprised about to be honest, so that was a result and he said to take as long as I like. Much different to previous test drives of the salemans taking you off the forecourt and only allowing a set 10 minute route.

After the test drive we did notice a couple of bodywork issues, stone chip on either side of the bonnet (to be expected obviously) and some peeling of paint on the bottom of the bumper, poorly resprayed in the past. So to sweeten the deal he offered to have the bumper repsrayed and the chips touched up (which I could have done, but it saved me a job).

They did offer me the warranty which I accepted, although I'm sure it will be as much use as a chocolate teapot, but I feel a tiny bit more re-assured that if anything goes wrong I have some sort of cover and after reading the forum all I seem to see is problems, but I know problems will always be raised on forums, so fingers crossed mine is solid. So good so far anyway. I certainly didn't feel obliged to accept the warranty and would have been more than comfortable saying no, which I did to the offer of buying three years warranty for £1200 :scare: .

The main reason for me going to them was that J17 (Notts and Peterborough) have plenty of zed's and I wanted a trade purchase rather than private and ther prices seemed right to me. Possibly not to all though, especially the more experienced of you guys on here.

Wow, that's quite a long post, sorry for boring you all :thumbs:

Sargara - did you buy the 04 grey model? I the car in the petrol just after I picked mine up from them on Saturday. I remember asking them for the keys for that one to compare a couple of bits with the one I bought and the batteries were flat.

Yes thats right H1979, 04 GT with tan leather. Im local (1 mile away) and there were no other low mileage 350z's for sale in the midlands at the time hence using Junction17 regardless of the bad press but I feel by going with my friend and fellow owner I went in with my eyes open. Just a shame the following visit to finalise things wasnt as positive as my first visit for the test drive.

• Like 1

Good stuff. Similar story for me, I'm in Derby and wanted a low miler (I know that's not the be all and end all) and didn't really want to be travelling cross country.

Is this your first zed? How you finding it so far? Hope your ownership is better than the buying experience and congrats on your purchase :)

Is this your first zed? How you finding it so far? Hope your ownership is better than the buying experience and congrats on your purchase :)

Its not only my 1st Zed but my first non-Renault car as well! I've come from 4 previous Renaultsports to this. Loving it so far, everything about the car makes it feel like a sense of ocasion to drive in comparison; the seating position, the cabin, the engine/exhaust etc. I suppose its all down to perspective of what you have changed from but for me its a nice place to be and after getting the greenlight from my wife to buy a 2 seater It was rude not to :D

Its not only my 1st Zed but my first non-Renault car as well! I've come from 4 previous Renaultsports to this. Loving it so far, everything about the car makes it feel like a sense of ocasion to drive in comparison; the seating position, the cabin, the engine/exhaust etc. I suppose its all down to perspective of what you have changed from but for me its a nice place to be and after getting the greenlight from my wife to buy a 2 seater It was rude not to :D

I came from Renault megane sport.

Such a HUGE step up in car. Such a nicer place to sit than a Megane that's for sure!

I had a look at them when I bought my Z. They had a CAT write off, repaired and for sale for £13000. They look dodgy imo. Forget them and wait for a nice one to come up mate. I waited a year for my Z and got a corker.

Edited by mikkydoos

I had problems with Lee at Nottingham J17 over a deposit of £100 I left with them on a Porsche that on the test drive kept going up and down the box and would suddenly put it into 1st gear. Lee said he would get it fixed and it would not be a problem. I got home and told my local garage about it who advised me not to touch it with a barge pole.I rang up Lee the next day and asked for my deposit back and he said I could use the deposit on any other car they had there but did not want to give my deposit back.It took a few months and a lot of phone calls and talking to Trading Standards they did give me my money back but said I was banned from any of their showrooms. I bought my 350z privately and its been a great car and has only done 24000 genuine miles and has full service history. It is due for a MOT on January 9th which I will get done as well as getting the garage to give it a Major Service. I will then put it up for sale,so if anyone is interested let me know but I will put it in the for sale section in January,

Regards Keith