Bugger

Hooch

We usually have a secure car park with cameras everywhere as I work in a data centre but there is work going on so we have a temporary car park, this is not so great.

So I wasn't to pleased to find that someone has hit my car.

IMG-20140804-WA0007.jpeg

Annoying but that's life, it was spotless apart from 2 tiny marks on the rear bumper!

I have a very good body shop close to me so I will be getting a quote however I just wanted to see what you guys thought it might cost?

The top scratch is also dented in so will need a panel beater but I know this body shop has an ace one who sorted my Impreza when it had a ding.

I'm thinking 300 - 400 for a good job?

Neighbour got a knock on the door last night to be faced with two coppers and a burly Polish fella in a Curry's coat.

Walked outside to see the right hand side of his Range Rover smashed up - turns out the Polish guy is a delivery driver for Curry's and took his HGV down our road (which is clearly signposted unsuitable for HGVs) and just drove into it before driving off...then got stuck at the top of our road trying to get around the corner and couldnt get out. Police arrived and a neighbour came out and said they saw the lorry hit the Range Rover...

...so Curry's are paying up and the driver is off for a court date for failing to stop :yahoo:

• Like 2

People have no respect or sense of responsibility towards other people's property these days. It really ****s me off.

I've got a few scratches and scuffs as a result of people not being careful - I want to get the car resprayed, but then how long will it be until someone scuffs it again? I don't want to live in paranoia every time someone walks near the car - it's only a 350z after all, but it's still my possession and something I saved up for to buy and I look after it.

Wish people were more honest and made car ownership less stressful.

I'm considering getting a wrap on the car, to at least minimise the scratch/scuff impact - but it won't look as a nice clean polished paintwork.

Gutted for you, I had this happen to a previous car - the offender even went to the trouble of writing a 'fake' note to leave on my windscreen with a fictional plate on it, so as to look like they were doing the right thing by onlookers. Scum!

Why wouldn't you stop it the company were gonna get the bill :shrug:

Company probably gets the bill, and he get's his P45 :lol:

True. I'm sure as a company with drivers thier cost model must factor a few in. If it's your 9th one mind :lol:

Edited by SuperStu

Cheers guys however I do have an update:

Got a quote for £470 :wacko: but there is some better news...

I took a look in the car park today and parked in the same area is a Mazda with damage that matches my car.

Needless to say I have taken loads of photos and I now know who the car belongs to :lol:

Its someone who works for another company in the same building (who we sell services to).

My boss is contacting her boss to see if it can be sorted, we shall see if she admits to it soon.

Ill post up some photos later (no plates or info)

• Like 2

Repair should be £350 region for a good job - well it would be in the Principality of Yorkshire.

I'd definitely be putting the owner of the RX8 on the spot and suggest that they 'do the right thing and we'll say no more about it' - use the power of peer pressure as unfortunately the constabulary will not have any interest (private land - nobody hurt).

I feel for you though - it's happened to me several times over the years.

Well here's two of the images and you can see its hit her door panel which flexes more so shes come out of it better. :rant:

She also parked in the same place and I have confirmation that she was parked next to me that day!

2014-08-05142921.jpg

2014-08-05144344.jpg

(this photo makes it look better than it really is)

You can see we have worked out all the measurements to get the best evidence and give me the best possible chance.

Hopefully she will admit to hitting me otherwise I will be forced to proceed with civil proceedings against her as it was a private car park (still need to read up fully).

I am tempted to drive down to RT Performance as their work looks fantastic.

But only time will tell.....I will keep you updated :)

Edited by Hooch

Well good news, had a phone call from crashy woman. She's said she will pay and she didn't realise that she had hit my car. For someone who didn't realise she's very happy to pay.

What a result :teeth:

• Like 4

Neighbour got a knock on the door last night to be faced with two coppers and a burly Polish fella in a Curry's coat.

Walked outside to see the right hand side of his Range Rover smashed up - turns out the Polish guy is a delivery driver for Curry's and took his HGV down our road (which is clearly signposted unsuitable for HGVs) and just drove into it before driving off...then got stuck at the top of our road trying to get around the corner and couldnt get out. Police arrived and a neighbour came out and said they saw the lorry hit the Range Rover...

...so Curry's are paying up and the driver is off for a court date for failing to stop :yahoo:

I was wondering if in a temp company car park it would be a job of simply checking it out until you find the culprit! Good luck!

Got more of the details on the above as well from my neighbour.

Turns out this guy hit no less than 5 cars on the way up the hill on our road and failed to stop at all until he got stuck at the bend at the top. Police arrived thanks to some builders who witnessed it and called it in. The police brought the driver down and was speaking with my neighbour and the drivers attitude was 'well your insurance can sort it no hassle to you' to which he got a torrent back along the lines of 'well who spends hours on the phone to the insurance companies sorting it out, who has to fill out the paperwork, who has to sort out all my kids stuff from the car into some probably inadequate car such as child seats/bags etc, who has to speak to the repair company and sort out delivery and pick up times and be probably out of my office whilst this happens...and so on and so forth' - the police said 'would you like to take this further Sir' and my neighbour said jokingly 'yeah I want the **** deported' and the police said thats a possibility! So he said it was a joke and of course he is not going to ruin this guys life over a car.

Oh the drama!