how often do you check tyre pressure???

Randy_Baton

I pumped mine up to 35 PSI probably around start of November, I just check the pressure today and:

Front Left: 32

Rear Left: 12

Rear Right: 18

Front Right: 25

Quite a mixture, I should obviously be checking more often. Does the uneven loss suggest anything bad? Its not a daily drive i probably do 2-3k a year.

How often do you guys check?

i visually check mine every time i use it but i only use it 1-2 times a week i only check pressure if they look low

See the problem with that is that tyres nowadays especially ones with low profile tyres have stiff side walls so it can be difficult to tell if they are low just by looking.

There was a Zed owner on here recently who had a very nasty tyre blow out and things like that are most likely to happen when tyres are run when almost flat for long periods as it weakens the side walls.

I understand you only use your Zed very rarely but that won't stop the tyres from slowly losing pressure ~ just get a cheap gauge to check them is my advice. :thumbs:

I pumped mine up to 35 PSI probably around start of November, I just check the pressure today and:

Front Left: 32

Rear Left: 12

Rear Right: 18

Front Right: 25

Quite a mixture, I should obviously be checking more often. Does the uneven loss suggest anything bad? Its not a daily drive i probably do 2-3k a year.

How often do you guys check?

Er, last November or one previous to that? Got to ask, how long have you had the car, how old are the tyres? Bearing in mind it only travels 2-3k a year...

Just to give people an idea of what can happen to tyre pressures.

A few years back when doing the Wales reccy with Beavis and Ebized. Dave checked his pressure in the morning at the top of my drive before we set out, all nice at 35.

After an hour or so later after and not too spirited driving he checked them again. If I remember correctly, the fronts were 42 and the rears something like 44.

(April in North Wales so not too hot, and we were stopping and starting because we were sorting routes out.)

Minimum of once a month. Its the only thing on your car that touches the road and your life is in the hands of your tyres and brakes. If you dont check them frequently then you cant value your life very much.