Say "YEAH" if you have recently pressed the magic button!

veeg33

Mine when off on the day i got it, and after that the yaw sensor got a switch that was permanently off, but then i did come from something with twice the power with no form of traction control whatsoever.

Tell me more...?

It would be much better if it was off by default, with the option to turn it ON if you so desired.

EDIT; 'IMO' :D

You can fit a switch to the orange power wire on the yaw sensor that under the center console, this is supposed to stop the traction control working,

however i am not 100% convinced as i have experienced some odd effects at times, but in general it does seem to stop the rather annoying effects from the traction control even when its supposed to be off.

But if your not used to catching the rear end when it steps out in all kinds of conditions etc i wouldn't advise it.

• Like 1

but then i did come from something with twice the power with no form of traction control whatsoever.

Probably the most sensible post on here with regard to the topic, i guess it all depends what you have come from, first car i have ever had with tc and my last one was similar to the above.

I tend to drive with it on although occasionally i'll turn it off. It is surprising how much warning you get when youre about to hit the limit.

Decent tyres are always a must for me though. Its worth spending the money. My Zed really does handle well and although im no lewis Hamilton, i have learnt the zeds ways since ive had it and its a very well balanced car in my humble opinion. But, whether its on or off, its a great car, full of sexy curves, pretty quick and full of torque...and gets a whole bunch of admirers...which is nice!! B)

Used to be a laugh now it just seems to be arguments when people just want to give their balanced view...

I think its just that where a couple of years ago the vast majority of people were fairly similar in their background and experience, youve now got a much broader crowd - young and old, JDM/Modified/Stance experience, track heroes, drifters, stancemasters and its inevitable there will be some butting of heads.

I know Ive been quite confrontational in quite a few threads but Im not going to back down if someone is talking rubbish - Grundy's wheels thread is a good example, the guy was going to downgrade brakes because no-one knew what was possible with archwork ....... but when the arch advice is questioned and comments like "lower the car to increase camber" and "D2s are as good as anything else because they have the same adjustment" Im going to reinforce my point more directly. The fact I was right on that helps ;)

Theres also more people with more experience of forums that look at this as banter rather than direct insults, if someone has a different opinion then theres nothing wrong with some bants as long as its taken in the manner intended. However, if someone is downright wrong in what they are saying like their car is "pinking" on tickover then its in everyones interests to pull them up on it. :)

Yeah pretty spot on there, remember the 'pinking' that really was funny :lol:

Thing is on this thread it is the 'no' crowd getting their knickers in a twist, all the yes guys have said is they don't have an issue not that it is stupid or going to cause problems :shrug:

I enjoy fishing on here but lately it is getting way too easy, like chucking a grenade in the lake ;)

all the yes guys have said is they don't have an issue not that it is stupid or going to cause problems :shrug:

still ignoring post 10 and 5 i see ;)

Hardly conclusive, a jokey comment from Payco and I missed the other very random one by a pretty new member..... other than that nobody that drives with TC on had said it is stupid not to or dangerous, just not required if you drive normally to the conditions :)

Only exception is in ice & snow, even I turned if off then ;)

I drive with the TC on all the time. The only time I have had issues with the TC kicking in is when I was running the Birdgestone RE040's. I found it kicked in quite a bit when I was running those and the car was nervous.

I never had any problems with TC when using the Falken 452's and I've had no problems when running the MPSS. I guess its down to preference in delivery and application of power to the road, road conditions and whether you want to 'free up' the car for a bit of spirited driving etc.

• Like 1

I drive with the TC on all the time. The only time I have had issues with the TC kicking in is when I was running the Birdgestone RE040's. I found it kicked in quite a bit when I was running those and the car was nervous.

I never had any problems with TC when using the Falken 452's and I've had no problems when running the MPSS. I guess its down to preference in delivery and application of power to the road, road conditions and whether you want to 'free up' the car for a bit of spirited driving etc.

That sums up pretty perfectly what a few of us have said all along in the thread :)

• Like 2

If the roads are dry i have it off as it takes a fair amount of effort to get the wheels to spin and when they do id rather control with the right foot it than have the power cut out. in the wet its on pretty much all the time as it slides so easily

• 2 weeks later...

Mine whent off on the day i got it, and after that the yaw sensor got a switch that was permanently off, but then i did come from something with twice the power with no form of traction control whatsoever.

Having come from a similar car ;) 480bhp supra :D

In all honesty the 350z (thats with TC off) is well behaved compared to the Supra... Supra was in constant argument about which end of the car wanted to be infront of the other! The Supra in the wet was just something else........ its like a psychopath in the bushes, just waiting for the right moment to jump out and kill you!

• Like 1

Mine whent off on the day i got it, and after that the yaw sensor got a switch that was permanently off, but then i did come from something with twice the power with no form of traction control whatsoever.

In all honesty the 350z (thats with TC off) is well behaved compared to the Supra... Supra was in constant argument about which end of the car wanted to be infront of the other! The Supra in the wet was just something else........ its like a psychopath in the bushes, just waiting for the right moment to jump out and kill you!

Sorry Graham, have to disagree on that one, in comparison to what your describing mine was very well behaved and dint often brake away without provocation even at 540BHP and nearly as much torque, i drove it hard in all kinds of weather too.... mind you i can remember a lot of posts on the Supra forum about Supras stepping out all over the place, but it was usually down to bad alignment and/or tyres. ;)

Sorry Graham, have to disagree on that one, in comparison to what your describing mine was very well behaved and dint often brake away without provocation even at 540BHP and nearly as much torque, i drove it hard in all kinds of weather too.... mind you i can remember a lot of posts on the Supra forum about Supras stepping out all over the place, but it was usually down to bad alignment and/or tyres. ;)

540 = single right? I was running hybrid twins, so maybe that made a difference. I had new tyres and the alignment was done. Was wet/damp on the days the above happened.... didnt have any good summers during my ownership of the car. It was the final nail in the coffin for the car... driving home one evening after a long day at work, with NO provocation the back decided it was time for the passing move!! All I wanted to do was drive home nice and calmly, but the car had other opinions and that was when I decided to sell.

Mine's lays hidden inside the dashboard, replaced it with a HORN button, since the previous owner had a A/M steering wheel and the horn wire was gone. Fitted a stock steering wheel to get it through registration but the horn still didnt work with new wiring so i fitted a cute A/M button instead of the constantly disable ESP (ESP is UpRev'd away).

350Zs are number one of the

I guess we will all take out chances on this lol..

ujasaha2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350Zs are number 1 on the "list of deadliest cars on the road" NOW THAT!!!! is quite frankly an awesome title to hold.
  • Like 1