4 seats options in a 350Z

valy

Hi,

Although most of you will not agree with this,it is an option I am considering.

Are there any garages here/or individuals that will do it and what will the cost be.

Thanks,

Dear god.

I've seen one example and it was a) truly awful, B ) illegal. A 350z is not type approved for 4 persons in the UK.

If you are serious about a zed with 4 seats, part ex yours for a 350zGT which has 4 seats from factory.

• Like 1

well thanks for the input and although I think the 350gt looks nothing like a 350z...this job conversion has been done before ,being approved as safe and not illegal unless done by someone unauthorised and inexperienced.

I was speaking to a member today at a car show and most of us will agree that for the price of a 350Z we cannot find something this nice,hence the mods I have got on it...

my other option is to get a 3rd day to day car....but where is the fun in that...plus the extra cost...

Edited by valy

Dear god.

I've seen one example and it was a) truly awful, B ) illegal. A 350z is not type approved for 4 persons in the UK.

If you are serious about a zed with 4 seats, part ex yours for a 350zGT which has 4 seats from factory.

^^ What he said.

Some pictures.

backseat4.jpg

backseat5.jpg

Link: http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/510059-2-2-backseat-project-lookin-for-advice.html

IIRC the 4 seat conversion was done purely so the guy could carry his dog on the back seats.

There's certainly no headroom and even less than no legroom.

It's like the Audi TT, Toyota GT86, all 4 seater porches' and anything that has back seats you cannot get into..Don't get my wrong, looks quite cool on the zed and I would like to carry more than one friend around, Absolutey pointless IMO.. Can't even get a toddler in back without ruining your front seats

Edited by A9H-RX

I would take the Infinity G37 over the 350gt "skyline"

So would most but there's a big difference in price. The g37 is just the newer model of the 350gt aka g35

With the space you would have from a legal (?) 4 seat conversion it wouldn't be worth it

I'd either get a second car or get a sidecar :lol:

S4, M3, Skyline! Loads of 4 seat options out there, I sold my VX220 so I could get a four seater to take my little out in - really is not worth trying to do some conversion on a perfectly good 350z. If you have the money, buy a four seater!

I was in a similar situation 3 yrs ago when my 2nd kid came along.

Wife had a mini and me the zed.

Most practical thing would be

1. Sell the zed, wife get a bigger family car and I DRIVE THE MINI COOPER :scare:

2. Sell both cars, wife gets bigger family car and me a sporty 4 seater.

In the end we kept both and got a 3rd family car.

Very glad I did despite having to insure the mini starting on zero ncb.

Now with 3 yrs ncb the mini is only £180 to insure and £200 to tax, basically a few tanks of petrol for the zed.

So I got to keep the zed I'd had from new (saving over £20k in depreciation)

AND got a 3rd car not just for when we both need to carry the kids separately but if the zed or mini get any glitches :thumbs:

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 1

Thanks Ash,

Same here Headphones,but I think a 3rd car is on the way as the option of converting falls. probably and old bemmer for fun :)

Bullet good luck with your atom conversion,Ekona don't be disrespectful :dry:

Two things:

1. Bulletmagent was taking the p*ss. That you didn't realise that is actually a full-on facepalm moment.

2. I was being realistic, not disrespectful. What is this, Sicily?! :lol:

Converting a 350Z to have four seats is a bloody stupid idea, and anyone who attempts it without massive re-engineering of the entire structure is also bloody stupid. Hope that clarifies matters. :)

• Like 3

Hey guys, looking to convert an Ariel Atom to a four seater or perhaps add side pods either side so I can carry four people....

Now that is a great Idea - Pods facing forwards on each side with a glass front - that will be awesome, imagine the view laying flat on your belly at 3" above the deck with the world speeding past :thumbs:

I'm off to see if I can buy some surplus fighter jet fuel tanks to convert into Passenger Pods

This could be a real winner :)

Try here :

http://www.manapremi...used-car-search[auto_marque_detail_id]=35&used-car-search[auto_model_detail_id]=2750&is_van=0&is_bike=0&auto_marque_detail_id=35&auto_model_detail_id=2750&used-car-search[lower_price]=0&used-car-search[price]=999999&used-car-search[auto_body_style_detail_id]=&used-car-search[location_detail_id]=&used-car-search[doors]=&used-car-search[auto_transmission_detail_id]=&used-car-search[auto_fuel_type_detail_id]=&used-car-search[mileage]=&used-car-search[engine_size]=&used-car-search[tax_band]=

I seem to have selected only convertibles, no hard tops. . . .not trying to influence your choice in any way . . . .

Edited after trying (to make sure it worked - ( Oops) Sorry, link in full won't work - go to http://www.manapremi...used-car-search and then enter the search criteria of G37

Edited by ianphampton