Horse Muck

Daryl

If horse's can ride on my road without road tax with their metal shoes and crap all over the place without cleaning it up I should be allowed to use their field for doing donuts!. I don't care if I **** off the horse crowd!.

Lets open a new can of worms.

It's not road tax, it's "vehicle excise duty" road tax finished in the 1930's.

Any way mr dedman is to blame for this

• Like 1

Can honestly say i didnt think this thread would escalate and cause so many disputes. Hope its all in good spirit. Still think its rubbish that they can get away with dumping and doing one.

The horse muck bit was enjoyable it just went a bit strange all the arguing about taxes and power stations :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Moving on slightly from the horse muck debacle, you should see some of the roads around my way after beat harvesting season, apart from the size of the tractors your likely to meet on the small lanes, and these are of a size that makes an articulated truck envious,

But the result is that some of the lanes look like a farm tracks as there is so much mud on them, and i am not talking a couple of hundred yards, more like three miles,and after making the mistake of using one my car was a completely different colour.

When I was growing up in the 50's on Merseyside our milkman had a horse drawn cart and so did the rag and bone man :wheelchair: . At the time, aged 8 or so I used to think why the hell are all these people dashing out and picking up the horse poo, weirdos I thought :lol: .

Pete

• Like 1

When I was growing up in the 50's on Merseyside our milkman had a horse drawn cart and so did the rag and bone man :wheelchair: . At the time, aged 8 or so I used to think why the hell are all these people dashing out and picking up the horse poo, weirdos I thought :lol: .

Pete

My uncle (mums brother) used to be a milkman for the co-op and my mum said he used to take his horse home... I'm sure my man and grandad were pleased with the extra fertiliser :lol:

What an amusing debate :lol: I love the idea of carrying a shovel whilst riding my horse. Not sure where I would stow it because my horse's boot is even smaller than that of my Zed :wacko:

Horse poo really isn't injurious to health, although you might not want to eat it :scare: It will certainly do your veg patch a lot of good, however, particularly if it's well rotted :thumbs: Dog poo on the other hand IS dangerous.

I am a driver with two cars (for which I pay tax and insurance) and a horse owner for which I pay insurance. I haven't a clue how my horse damages the road as one poster imagines. There again I'm never there when she gets out her pneumatic drill. Maybe that's how she's doing the damage? :dry:

that poster might have been me :lol: to be fair one horse wouldn't damage the road but it was just based on living down the road from a stable and the road is pretty torn up now but not really 12 horses fault if they are taken out that way, recently the whole street has kicked off

Edited by jumping350