Been for a dip today!

d95gas

Well just got back off the hols to find that some stuff I am having dipped was ready to be picked up.

I use the same guy all the time as I know he is first class and knows how fussy I am. The company is now in new hands and the new guys have promised to sign up here so they can take some of our hard earned cash.

Couple of pics (Bear in mind my photography is rubbish)

First off is the Genuine Nissan Engine Cover, still have to fit the badge. This has been carbon dipped over Candy Apple Red then lacquered: (I will be selling my aftermarket Carbon Fiber cover in the next couple of days)

Cover.jpg

Cover%202.jpg

Next was the slam panel. This is an aftermarket carbon one, I disliked the finish, but love it now:

Slam1.jpg

Slam%202.jpg

Next up is some more interior parts to match up with my already completed instrument and radio panels: This is a gold carbon weave and I believe there is some gold fleck in the lacquer, although my photography doesn't show any of this off to its best:

Centre.jpg

Centre%202.jpg

And lastly my strut brace cover, always disliked the silver one. Just got to fit the badge back on:

Strut.jpg

The pics really don't do the workmanship justice, but in the flesh they look stunning.

Not going to run the risk of losing this thread this time by mentioning company, but I think I am safe in saying they are North East based, and do first class work. Some of the wheels and motorbike stuff they have done is totally stunning.

Needless to say, the new owners will be signing up on here as traders in the very very near future.

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 6

Looks tremendous, let us have some more snaps fitted.

Mind if I ask where you got the slam panel?

Slam panel was already on the car when I purchased it, was an aftermarket Carbon Fiber one, probably from the same company who manufactured the existing engine cover I have on.

Never really been a fan to just Carbon Fiber.....Hence the decision to get it dipped..... Didn't want to do the original panel (Nissan) as I didn't have one, and I also liked the aftermarket one as it has an air feed piece to the air filter.

Thanks for all the great comments guys......Really looking forward to getting this all fitted........Just trying to persuade a certain member to commence another group buy on the coloured bolt sets :D

Interior might be back together for the weekend, dont want to rush it as I have a full audio install to do as well including aftermarket sub.

I'm a big fan of the dipped parts d95gas and yours look fantastic. Great work by the dippers. :clap:

Definitely would love to see some fitted pictures. :thumbs:

Yep I love the stuff, when its done right and to a high standard, you cannot fault it, gives a stunning finish. To those "Non Petrol Heads", they are totally amazed when they see it, you would think I had been to the planet zog to buy it :lol:

Obviously you can see the engine bay is going to be themed Candy Red, which I think will really stand out against the Blackness of the rest of the car.

The Candy Apple Red Carbon actually originated (the idea) from my Wife's MR2, as this is what she had done to elements of her engine bay (and by the same guys).

Watch this space.......

I'm a big fan of the dipped parts d95gas and yours look fantastic. Great work by the dippers. :clap:

Definitely would love to see some fitted pictures. :thumbs:

Yep I love the stuff, when its done right and to a high standard, you cannot fault it, gives a stunning finish. To those "Non Petrol Heads", they are totally amazed when they see it, you would think I had been to the planet zog to buy it :lol:

Obviously you can see the engine bay is going to be themed Candy Red, which I think will really stand out against the Blackness of the rest of the car.

The Candy Apple Red Carbon actually originated (the idea) from my Wife's MR2, as this is what she had done to elements of her engine bay (and by the same guys).

Watch this space.......

Well I've had my interior parts (door pulls etc) done in gold carbon fibre dip just like yours so I know what you mean about the pictures not doing it justice. B)

Loving the candy apple red carbon. :D

Love it! Thinking about getting some of my bits dipped and was going to go black with gold flakes for the interior but the red looks awesome on the engine cover, might consider having a different coloured carbon fibre cover.