Nasty surprise from Wales trip

chirag1988

sorry to go a little bit off the topic but how long did u wait for the ticket to come?i went to evo triangle 3 weeks ago and i was really worried wondering that i might got caught speeding on the a55

I believe they have to send notification within 14 days from the date of the offence

I think that might be an urban myth... but don't quote me on that.

There are 14 day/6 month time limits - see here (Sections 6 & 7 apply):

http://www.lawdonut....offences-faqs#6

sorry to go a little bit off the topic but how long did u wait for the ticket to come?i went to evo triangle 3 weeks ago and i was really worried wondering that i might got caught speeding on the a55

I believe they have to send notification within 14 days from the date of the offence

Well, yet again I stand corrected! :lol:

Well, yet again I stand corrected! :lol:

:console:

What's most frustrating is that my daily driving style is no where near reckless. In fact I've found myself more at cruising speeds when driving the zed, purely enjoying the ride itself. The one opportunity to test the car in Wales and I get stung. Understandably it was still a public road and I should have known better. And it was on the way home after the whole weekend too!

What's most frustrating is that my daily driving style is no where near reckless. In fact I've found myself more at cruising speeds when driving the zed, purely enjoying the ride itself. The one opportunity to test the car in Wales and I get stung. Understandably it was still a public road and I should have known better. And it was on the way home after the whole weekend too!

It's not about knowing better......we all do it.

It's about just sucking it up when it happens.

Try not to beat yourself up NW police are absolutely red hot on speeding tickets.

Naughty boy course would mean travelling back up here for the day as well......they're not transferable to other locations.

• Like 1

It's not about knowing better......we all do it.

It's about just sucking it up when it happens.

Try not to beat yourself up NW police are absolutely red hot on speeding tickets.

Naughty boy course would mean travelling back up here for the day as well......they're not transferable to other locations.

A return trip to Wales wouldn't be the end of the world!

At least that means you could do the evo a few more times while you are up there.

:lol: I think I'd be giving it a miss if I came up for this

Then assuming everything else is up to date (address on the V5, not in a hire or company car) you'll be fine.

77 on a speedo is about 73 in real terms, I very much doubt you'll ever get pinged for that. I set my cruise at 75 when on NSL DC/M'way, as that's pretty much bang-on 70. Makes good progress, no chance of ever getting caught.

We are all guilty of breaking the speed limit at some point of the journey everytime we set out in a car, I'd be very surprised if someone can honestly say that they never stray marginally over the speed limit, we all do it. I regularly see marked police vehicles and even safety partnership vans travelling at slighty, and in some cases significantly, over the designated speed limit. Not in any way trying to condone speeding but there is a big difference between marginally exceeding the speed limit, for example doing 45 mph in a 40, than driving at over 60 mph on the same stretch of road. But unfortunately, whatever the circumstance, if you do get a ticket for exceeding the speed limit you have to take it on the chin

Chirag, if its your first offence, have you been given the option to attend a speed awareness course? If so, do this, it'll mean retaining a clean licence.

I think NW police only offer it in 30 limits. If it was where I think that's a 60.

That's right, it's only offered in 30 limits as this is where the vast majority of pedestrians are killed or injured. The camera was were you thought it was it's often there and I spotted it on my way back from Sunday lunch.

Pete

There are no fixed speed cameras on The A55 and as mentioned the only mobile is where the limit drops to 50 through Colwyn Bay. The road is patrolled both by marked and unmarked vehicles who would pull you for speeding. North Wales police are very handy with their tickets, they send them out on a Monday (or Tuesday if there's a bank Holiday)....I know this because Caroline dealt with speeding courses for 12 months.

Pete

I do. I know you're a bit of a knob, for example. ;)

I've done a fair bit of driving in Wales over the years, and I just so happen to know where that one is located as it's very famous and was pointed out to me years ago before I went there for the first time. Apologies for having a bit of knowledge and not speeding where the police sit.

• Like 2

I do. I know you're a bit of a knob, for example. ;)

I've done a fair bit of driving in Wales over the years, and I just so happen to know where that one is located as it's very famous and was pointed out to me years ago before I went there for the first time. Apologies for having a bit of knowledge and not speeding where the police sit.

Modest as well? ...........and you sure know how to hurt someone :cry:

• Like 1

We are all guilty of breaking the speed limit at some point of the journey everytime we set out in a car, I'd be very surprised if someone can honestly say that they never stray marginally over the speed limit, we all do it. I regularly see marked police vehicles and even safety partnership vans travelling at slighty, and in some cases significantly, over the designated speed limit. Not in any way trying to condone speeding but there is a big difference between marginally exceeding the speed limit, for example doing 45 mph in a 40, than driving at over 60 mph on the same stretch of road. But unfortunately, whatever the circumstance, if you do get a ticket for exceeding the speed limit you have to take it on the chin

I agree any one who claims they never break the speed limit is either driving so slow that they are causing an obstruction or spending too much time staring at their speedo and not paying attention to the road

i work for a very big uk company and we have just got trackers and monitors for tracking our driving style our accident rate went up because people are spending too much time staring at their speedo's