Was The 350Z Your Dream Car?

pjf1985

Dream car if I had the dosh would be an Aston.................. maybe one day. I always wanted a VW Corrado, and eventually got a VR6. Stunning car and still miss it, but my Zed is just as good.

+1 vr6 Corrado, great car :thumbs: loved mine

Are you guys not confusing realistic dream car with dream car?

Reckon I will be able to afford an Eleanor in my lifetime...although anyone who says the 350z is their ultimate "dream car" is lying! (sorry to be harsh people!)

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

911 in the 70's, no way I could afford one, RS Sierra in the 80's, just out of my reach so I settled for a Capri 2.8. Stopped having dream cars after that, just went for the best car I could afford. Got the Zed over it's competitors because I felt it was great value for money and a bit different to anything else out there. Dream car nowadays, don't really have one although a GTR would look nice on my drive :) .

Pete

• Like 1

R34 GTR V-Spec for me, and still is!

My 350z was the fastest car I could get reasonable insurance on at 21 (all them years ago) with an 8k claim on my insurance and 0 no claims bonus. I don't like standard 350z, still don't. I fell in love with the Nismo kitted car though at first glance and bought it. Still feel like a school boy every time I fire her up.

can't agree with you more!Standard zed doesn't rock my boat either..Saw Nismo kitted one with aftermarket wheels and orange colour..Liked that and bought..

Dream car?Dont think so,but I quite like it for now..

I have had mine for about 3 years and was looking into buying one for about 2 years before that!

I first saw a ginger one about 9 years ago and wanted one instantly so was very excited a few years later to find that it could be realistic to have one myself!

I remember the TV adverts for the Zed which never actually showed car in full - just fleeting glimpses of a section here and there.

That was enough to intrigue me - so I went to a dealer and had a look around an actual car.

And that's when I got hooked.

Taking a look around it I could find no angle from which I didn't like the look of it - and so I ordered one there and then.

I thought that for the money I was paying I was getting a lot of car - much more than the 28k it cost new.

And after ten years I'm still happy with it.

My dream car? Yes, its turned out that way :)

• Like 3

Are you guys not confusing realistic dream car with dream car?

Possibly. Having said that I am not sure I would now aspire to your typical super car anyway. I guess that is the advantage of a 911 - it's a car you can realistically use when and where you want and largely (bar the odd fire or IMS) not temperamental. I do like the GTR but I always get the impression watching them from a distance that the occupants would need spinal surgery after a ride on Surrey's roads - but in fairness I have never set foot in one.

I wouldn't call it my dream car, I owned a 911 in the 90s which ticked a box, but...

I really started liking the 350z when I drove one on an experience day and was the quickest round the track.

Since then I knew I wanted a 350z roadster but kids etc stopped that idea for some time.

A few years ago I looked at all the 2 seater roadsters available at £11k ish and the 350z was still top of the list.

I have owned my roadster for 3 years, my plan was to upgrade it around now but have decided to keep it for another couple of years.

I think what you get for your money is pretty unbeatable. I still look back at it every time after parking up.....

At 17, I bought first copy of max power with nemisis 350z front cover car after that it was my dream to own a modified version, now I want an Aston but won't sell my zed unless I have to, no rush to tick another dream off as it's nice to look forward to things and hope.

I've always wanted since I saw a gunmetal grey one at work in 2004. I really always wanted a Lotus Elise having grown up within earshot of the test track (JPS F1 days, mind you) but after having two Caterhams the impracticality put me off. So the 350Z is the ideal combination of good looks and comfort.

I've wanted a Zed car from when the 240Z came out although I must admit the 280Z and 300Z seemed to lardy for me, but when I saw the 350Z that was when I decided that it was now or never and I took the plunge and have never regretted it. I've had more fun in this than any other car I've owned!! Period.

• Like 1

Always wanted a 911 but would not be able to have any other toys and can`t live without my bikes so the 350 was the choice for me.

Luv it to bits still after a year and always glance back after parking up. Got the view that i`m going to keep it forever and standard as you cant beat an original car when its 25 years old and a classic. Might even hang onto a cassette or two to play in it... :lol: :lol:

Not for me. My first passion is cinema and it was through this I got interested in certain cars, so naturally my dream cars are movie cars, first the Goldfinger DB5 then the Bullitt Mustang and latterly Dodge Chargers. Realistically, I think the Mustang can happen one day with some good luck, but it has to be the '68 Mustang GT Fastback 390, no other will do :)

The Zed was a recommendation from a friend of a friend, desperate to warn me off the RX8 I wanted. I don't even know the guy's name but I still owe him a pint, as I've fallen head over heels for the Zed. I find it hard to imagine I'll ever again get so much car for the money. Makes it very hard to look into something for the future...