Was The 350Z Your Dream Car?

pjf1985

This is just a thought I had in my mind. So I wanted a 350Z for a long time before getting mine a few months back. I think it was a combination of its popularity in the car scene and seeing it in films such as The Fast & Furious franchise, along with lots of video games such as the Need For Speed games in particular. I've also loved the styling of them and the wide range of modifications available for the car.

I remember first sitting in one and looking at it in the flesh at a show and instantly fell in love with it. For me it ticked all the boxes, it was fast and looked great inside and out! That's when I knew I wanted to own one in the future, and now I have! I've always loved the styling of Japanese cars, Nissan and Honda in particular.

So to everyone else, was it your dream car? :)

Nope. Id been lusting after a BMW M3 E46 for as long as I could remember, and went to a garage to look at one. Spotted a 350z Roadster in the corner of the garage, had a look around it and went out the very next day and bought an HR Roadster instead of an M3. Kind of an impulse buy really. I remember when they first came out thinking that they were pretty awesome cars but certainly didnt lust after one or dream of them. It was kinda very satisfying being able to buy one though and for me, current car aside, it was the most expensive car ive ever bought.

Liked the 350 from when it first came out but have always (since early 1980s) lusted after a lotus esprit but last year got a 370 and haven't stopped smiling about it since, every time I get in it to drive I have that self satisfied look/ feeling and every time I get out of it I always have to look back and again I get that same self satisfied look/feeling so my zed is a dream car for me kind of :thumbs:

:teeth: = me when I get in or out of my zed

• Like 1

Liked the 350 from when it first came out but have always (since early 1980s) lusted after a lotus esprit but last year got a 370 and haven't stopped smiling about it since, every time I get in it to drive I have that self satisfied look/ feeling and every time I get out of it I always have to look back and again I get that same self satisfied look/feeling so my zed is a dream car for me kind of :thumbs:

You know what they say - If you don't look back at your car when you've parked up, then you have the wrong car!

Edited by pjf1985

The 240Z was always a dream car for me as a kid. I knew a few people that had them and always loved them. The 350Z kind of flew me by. Never really understood it or could make my mind up. I do now love it but I think I prefer the look of the 370z more. Both are awesome though :)

My dream car from about the age of 16 was a Subaru Impreza.

Used to watch the rallying a lot and was always a fan of the Subaru with Colin McRae driving it in the early days followed by Richard Burns.

So sad that when I finally got my dream car (a 1996 JDM Impreza WRX) it turned out to be more of a nightmare.

Really wish I'd bought a 350Z back then instead of the Impreza as the Zed is such a more realiable and enjoyable car imo. :thumbs:

No, although it is a good car.

My dream was to own a Caterham 7. That dream started in the 60's when I read about a Lotus 7 Twin Cam.

Many, many years later I bought a Caterham and later, another.

R34 GTR V-Spec for me, and still is!

My 350z was the fastest car I could get reasonable insurance on at 21 (all them years ago) with an 8k claim on my insurance and 0 no claims bonus. I don't like standard 350z, still don't. I fell in love with the Nismo kitted car though at first glance and bought it. Still feel like a school boy every time I fire her up.

• Like 1

Nope, it was an affordable car for the budget - 'Dream Car' to me shouts massively aspirational which would be Ferrari of some description but very unlikely to I would pump that much cash into a car. It worked for me on the budget at the time, since then I have had a better racing car in the VX220 and a better iconic car in the Skyline. The 350z ticked lots of boxes and I really liked it, but wouldn't buy another one, been there done that.

Dream car that someday I might own, realistically, Eleanor :teeth:

You know what they say - If you don't look back at your car when you've parked up, then you have the wrong car!

HAHA I like that :) I tend to do that also.

Dream car was a TT Supra until I saw how affordable 350's were.

I annoyed the hell out of the missus for months swapping between the two.

Ended up betting on race between a 350 and a Supra at Santa Pod, whichever won was the one i'd get lol.

It wasn't this exact race but it was these two cars (I use the term cars loosely :lol: )

Edited by longsh07

Dream car was a TT Supra until I saw how affordable 350's were.

I annoyed the hell out of the missus for months swapping between the two.

Ended up betting on race between a 350 and a Supra at Santa Pod, whichever won was the one i'd get lol.

It wasn't this exact race but it was these two cars (I use the term cars loosely :lol: )

That 350z drag car was up for sale a couple of years back for £90k, ridiculously quick thing! Only a 350z shell the rest is completely different lol