Le Mans 2015 - Club trip

Lexx

Evening.

3 or 4 of the team members are planning to attend Le Mans 24 in 2015.

Since there are many Motorsport enthusiasts within the club, it's been decided to see if there was an interest to make it a semi official club trip.

All costs, bookings, camping etc will be the responsibility of each individual.

We plan to use a company called Speedchills. This means private camping, clean toilets and showers, provision of a bar and eating facilities within the private area.

Costs depend on numbers in tents. Normally circa £250 (includes weekend entry ticket and channel tunnel return).

This thread is purely to see if there is any interest and what kind of numbers we'd be looking at.

• Like 1

I only knew because I googled it :lol:

Folks, I know this seems like a long way off but it's really important to start planning for this now: Bookings will be completely sorted well before Christmas, and we're halfway through this year already :scare: Even if you've no interest in the racing right now, and the WEC doesn't seem to have the appeal of F1, I can promise you the 24hr race is like nothing else you'll ever experience. You'll definitely be into afterwards, as I was exactly the same before my first trip. Imagine the atmosphere of a music festival, but with lots and lots of cars.

It's legendary for a reason. Do it.

• Like 4

Very well put Dan. The moment I fell in love with it was 0130 standing at Porsche Curves as both works Corvettes went past and that noise that rattles your teeth hit me. Epic.

• Like 1

Very tempting. Beast of a drive even for me from Luxembourg though. Is this gonna be a Zed only event? My bro could be interested but has a CTR...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very tempting. Beast of a drive even for me from Luxembourg though. Is this gonna be a Zed only event? My bro could be interested but has a CTR...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it won't be Zed only (I'm going down in a Pajero as part of a Shed challenge)

Sounds a bit like the one we do with SXOC each year, I can certainly recommend Speedchills as well :thumbs:

One thing I would mention is that you can get the price right down by sharing a car between a few - we had 5 lads turn up in a Chrylser Voyager last year, their fuel, camping and tunnel costs were pitifully small :thumbs:

Let me know if theres anything I can help with guys :)

• Like 1