what do people think of this s2000 turbo?

parello9

was gonna say i have a turbo'd vtec car similar to the s2000, and for 9k i'd want a tidier job done lol. i mean i done mine myself and my engine bay is alot neater than that, looks like he's gone for fan points and rush jobbed a turbo on it. also as above, it takes not long to write a proper write up!

oh and as for vtec over turbo, my vtec cuts in at 4k my turbo comes in at 4.8 ;) best of both worlds! lol

Edited by -Bradders-

thats going to be rapido fast, if it stays together. as mentioned, i'd want a lot more info and exactly whats been done and who did it, but even then the engine bay doesnt inspire much confidence.

would certainly be an entertaining drive, i imagine it would go nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, VTECTURBO, spin, tree, fireball. but fun for about 0.5 seconds :thumbs:

• Like 1

I much preferred my S2000 over my zed, far better drivers car, lighter, better feedback, more nimble, pedals were better laid out, heel and toe w's easier, gear box was like a Springfield rifle. But it is horses for courses. One mans pedigree is another mans mongrel.

That looks really well looked after 😳 NOT! It looks like its been left in a barn for 10years, he's found it and thought "I'll sell that"

Seriously though, the S2000 is a great car (albeit with questionable handling in the wet) with would benefit power wise from adding a turbo, or better still a supercharger, but not that particular heap of . . . . . . . . !

That looks really well looked after 😳 NOT! It looks like its been left in a barn for 10years, he's found it and thought "I'll sell that"

Seriously though, the S2000 is a great car (albeit with questionable handling in the wet) with would benefit power wise from adding a turbo, or better still a supercharger, but not that particular heap of . . . . . . . . !

upgrade to bigger wider Tyres and a good geo setup and the handling is transformed, mine was planted in the wet.

A little. VTEC engines have about the same torque as a normal engine of a given size, it's just that they have a lot more power and made all high-up in the rev range so it makes the torque look artificially low. I'd vastly prefer an SC conversion on something like this so you don't lose the character of the engine, but sometimes it's hard to get people to look at the overall drive rather than outright power figures.

You could argue that you buy a Vtec for the top end scream, not the lack of torque, so a supercharger changes the driveability characteristics of the engine, where as a turbo is more in keeping. Never driven a Vtec, but cant see the appeal.

I actually showed this ad to a mte of mine who ran a straipped out S2000, and he was very tempted to buy it. However, he is currently installing a turbo in his mk1 Mx5, so cant justify it

You could argue that you buy a Vtec for the top end scream, not the lack of torque, so a supercharger changes the driveability characteristics of the engine, where as a turbo is more in keeping. Never driven a Vtec, but cant see the appeal.

Other way round, surely?

Turbo fattens the torque curve at the bottom end. SC leaves the torque curve alone.

Depends on what type of supercharger.a twin screw like Jackson racing or stillen will give all in the mid range but not up top so will change the characteristics of the engine. A centrifugal charger like a procharger or vortech will keep the characteristics the same and be mental in the high revs. A turbo would ruin the car in my opinion

Edited by The Chubby Ninja