Underperformance

Warner001

Anyone else feel there Zed underperformes ? I mean, I've had a few drag races with other small cars like a punto turbo and stuff, and didn't really get any where, just for a 3.5 270/280

Bhp car, I feel it should give a lot more..

Maybe I'm just used to car and need a 370z...

^^ Definitely and you never know what other people have done to their car Warner001.

You may be drag racing a car off the lights that as standard the Zed would easily beat but then the owner has modified their car & now you have no chance. Unless you stop and ask them you really have no idea.

Also as time goes by you will of course get used to any performance that a car has and it will start to feel a little slower. I'm sure there are people out there driving much faster car's than the Zed who feel their car's are slow. ;)

Anyone else feel there Zed underperformes ? I mean, I've had a few drag races with other small cars like a punto turbo and stuff, and didn't really get any where, just for a 3.5 270/280

Bhp car, I feel it should give a lot more..

Maybe I'm just used to car and need a 370z...

Not really, I've driven, TVR's, Lamborghini's, Aston's, Mercs in varying guises and in my view the Zed performs pretty well for the money paid. Lets not forget the Zed is heavy car and is primarily a GT / Sports GT rather than an out and out pocket rocket.

You also never know when another car has been modified or had its output and handling improved. I lot of smaller turbo cars will perform very well against the Zed because of the power to weight ratio. Sit back and look at the performance figures for a moment, can you really say you think a 1500kg car getting 0 - 60 in just over 5 and a half seconds is poor performance?

A lot also comes down to driver skill and experience or course, there will always be someone who is quicker or, prepared to take more risk. We all know racing on the road is a bad idea in any case. So as long as you're bearing that in mind, I think that's the main thing.

Edited by Bockaaarck
  • Like 1

You have to remember its a heavy Car and the makers quoted 0-60 figures are achieved under the best possible conditions by test drivers, so your unlikely to be able to achieve the same under normal road conditions, there are also a lot of of more modern lighter cars out there than can better this.

Stock Zed is fine, it's down to how the driver uses it. I had no trouble (well, a little and I did have to push) keeping up with a mate driving a VXR220 with 260bhp on 888s at the Ring on a proper trackday with a ragtop Revup on PS2s with only chassis stiffening mods.

Drive it well and it will reward you handsomely.

• Like 2

I dont like drag racing, It doesnt give a true reflection of a car. You show a corner to your 350z with its oodles of torque and wide stance and it will vastly out perform most other cars. Lightweight turbo cars are usually quick off the line then lose in the corners because the manufacturer/owner wants it to feel fast when you take it for a test drive. There are exceptions ofcourse but as a general rule your 350 will beat most other cars over a distance.

i was highly impressed with my zed at snetterton 300 only 2 cars faster than me all day was a r8 and a elise trophy thingy maybe other drivers were shite/not pushing it but the nsx that was there wasnt as fast as i expected it to be

Edited by StevoD

its a rewarding car to drive if its driven properly. its not about the top speed its about the overall package,

but yes its not what alot of people expect, and you cant just bolt a filter on it for instant gains. infact getting anything out of it extra costs a fortune so you might as well go straight to FI

BM have you got any asgardian tesseract bolts and can you get me a set (2 stages cooler as I'm FI) been looking all over for some :thumbs:

Sadly I sold the last set to Thor, as Mjolnir needed minor repairs. But I might be able to offer a prototype arc reactor, friend of mine found one in Malibu near the ruins of the Stark Mansion

• Like 1