Feb 2014 Floods

ATTAK Z

You see all the trouble that Somerset and Thames has had etc on the news but when you see it up close it is crazy.

This is the customers front garden and literally is a river running through it. Sadly quality is not great as it is off the phone.

Edited by Humpy

You see all the trouble that Somerset and Thames has had etc on the news but when you see it up close it is crazy.

This is the customers front garden and literally is a river running through it. Sadly quality is not great as it is off the phone.

Sadly quality is not great as it is off the phone.

Bloody hell Steve!!

not today......................I'm one of those who has to deal with the calls and cry's for help when the slates and roofs are flying

I'm knackered, just dealing with one day of freakish wind

Hope this wasn't anyone here ...

350zafloat_zps867412e8.jpg

Today at Bransford, Worcestershire.

What were they thinking?

Im invincible no doubt!

Day after day it's drilled into drivers not to enter a deep flood, it's not like its rocket science or anything :shrug: I wouldn't be surprised if insurance companies stop paying out if you knowingly drive into a flood.

Pete

Surely they could tell how deep it was with that bloody great SUV in front of them!!? :bang: :bang:

It's more often than not caused by bow waves from vehicles coming the opposite way. Someone on here succumbed like that last winter.

Pete

SUV is about to crash into the truck..!!, just get out and push you car out of the flood

and get a bit of help, NOT leave it there, or get a tow rope and get a tow from an SUV.

Don't just abandon you Zed, bit like leaving the wife to drown..!! :scare: :blush:

Edited by WhackyWill

Here's an interactive flood map. You can zoom in and adjust the sea level height and watch as your house either vanishes under the sea or in my case becomes an Island (I'm 102m above sea level) . It covers the entire world so you can watch Florida vanishing or The Netherlands for that matter.

http://flood.firetree.net/

Pete

That's pretty cool. B)

Even if it rose 60 mtrs, according to that site It still would not reach my house and that's probably true as I can

overlook most of London. :surrender:

We used to live on the side of a wooded valley here in Wales.

There was a small stream at the bottom of the garden you could paddle in during the summer.

Every winter after heavy rain, it morphed into a raging torrent 5 times its original width and 6ft deep.

So much so that the roar of it kept you awake at night!!! :scare: :scare:

Lost a lot of garden due to erosion.

It was absolutely UNBELIEVABLE the amount of water that was rushing past!

Don't worry (call me Dave) Cameron is "going to take personal charge" of the flood relief effort. Apparently he's got the kind of experience you need to take charge of a flood relief effort as his moat once got really, really close to being full once, when some of his servants were thrown in for feeding his peacocks the wrong food.

He has also said "money is no object" when it comes to flood relief. Clearly it was an object when it came to spending it on sea defences, river dredging, the environment agency budget, and before the floods hit residents of the banks of the River Thames. I wonder who they vote for typically...

• Like 2

This could now come back into fashion, with the floods and high tides... :thumbs:

Execution Dock was used for more than 400 years in London to execute pirates, smugglers and mutineers that had been sentenced to death by Admiralty courts. The "dock", which consisted of a scaffold for hanging, was located near the shoreline of the River Thames at Wapping. Its last executions were in 1830.