Feb 2014 Floods

ATTAK Z

Just watching TV about all the poor souls being flooded out down south ... hope no members are affected ... around here we have a lot to thank the Dutch for (Cornelius Vermuyden in particular) since they sorted the drainage of the area in the mid 17th century ... my house is less than 5 metres above sea level !!!

Will post some videos from today of a customer I went to today and it was really surreal seeing how flooded this place was!

Also bottom of town ( Winchester ) is literally at breaking point and had the navy down today doing a double defensive sand bag wall. Also they have put lots of 1 ton sand bags in the river itchen to slow down the flow/back up the water of the itchen and basically using the local farmers land as flood plains. Will post a video later and you will definatley think what hell!

Edited by Humpy

I seen this one on clark motorsports fb page

things do look bad

all jokes aside I believe its time we stopped sending cash abroad or millions on making sure birds have somewhere nice to live and start spending the cash looking after our own

1601063_285973108216437_1947827982_n_zps714c3938.jpg

Edited by Richie-B

Tithe thing is it's not just February floods. Some folks haven't had a break from it since Christmas.

We are getting a right battering with the wind in chester. Lots or roof tiles on neighbouring properties gone as well as fence panels. Crazy stuff on the news too

• Like 1

My boat that is near Tewksbury is sitting almost 3 metres above its normal mooring level and rising! :scare:

I'd park it outside your house ~ may come in useful soon if the rain doesn't stop. :surrender:

122m above sea level so I might chance it and leave the boat where it is GM ;)

• Like 2

read somewhere they think the rise will be 63m if everything melts. Along with that there wasthis link that shows you altitude above sea level by using your post code. I come in at 69m so I might get a nice sea view

http://www.daftlogic...nd-altitude.htm

Anyone got a houseboat I can buy :surrender::byebye:

you need some mevis bell tyres.....

if your older than 30 you will know what I mean

read somewhere they think the rise will be 63m if everything melts. Along with that there wasthis link that shows you altitude above sea level by using your post code. I come in at 69m so I might get a nice sea view

http://www.daftlogic...nd-altitude.htm

Anyone got a houseboat I can buy :surrender::byebye:

you need some mevis bell tyres.....

if your older than 30 you will know what I mean

I'm older than 30 and haven't a clue what you mean?! :wacko::lol: Google search wasn't much help either. :dry:

Here's an interactive flood map. You can zoom in and adjust the sea level height and watch as your house either vanishes under the sea or in my case becomes an Island (I'm 102m above sea level) . It covers the entire world so you can watch Florida vanishing or The Netherlands for that matter.

http://flood.firetree.net/

Pete

• Like 1

Here's an interactive flood map. You can zoom in and adjust the sea level height and watch as your house either vanishes under the sea or in my case becomes an Island (I'm 102m above sea level) . It covers the entire world so you can watch Florida vanishing or The Netherlands for that matter.

http://flood.firetree.net/

Pete

That's pretty cool. B)