M3 e90

Jay

Hey chaps as Some of you know I have been looking at v8s in the American muscle style. I still haven't ruled them out but a few of my mates have been going on about m3s, I like the look of them and will take one for a test drive however wanted to see if anyone has experience with them etc? All views welcomed lol.

Thinking about the E92 myself atm. Not sure if you've already been on there but the m3 cutters forum has some good info on them (specs, known issues etc). Most seem to take the extended bmw warranty for peace of mind, which seems to be c£70 a month for as long as you have the car. It's supposed to be pretty good and covers most stuff aside from te obvious 'wear and tear' items :)

Starting to look dated imo mate. Nice car though and nice v8 sound :thumbs: Id go for the v10 M5 first though :)

Normally I wouldn't agree it's looking dated. But the 4 series is gonna be a big hit so yea that will make the e92 look a bit dated

That frozen blue I showed you does look the part in the flesh tho

You know what tho.... You probs not looking to mod an m3 if you get one but.... A matt red one could look quite tasty ;)

Awesome cars Jay. My brother has A frozen silver edition 1 of 100. It's been tuned and had the optional titanium exhaust fitted etc. Sounds unreal, handles great and very we'll put together. Early cars we see have ECU faults etc but later cars are great. Last of the naturally aspirated coupe M3's and V8 BMW's :thumbs:

This was going to be my next car, amazing bit of kit. I would have one in white, they look great with the black carbon roof, black door mirror's and black bonnet vents.

They are still holding there money very well. Only thing that put me off is the MPG's which is expected but a lot worse than the zed's and they do eat rear tyres, this is from 2 people I know that have owned them.

I still would buy one if I had that little bit of extra cash hanging around:)

Fantastic bit of kit, had a go on one of them Supercar days, my favourite drive out of the four cars, Lambo Gillardonormous, Audi R8, and Aston V8 Vantage. Went like the proverbial, handled very confidently and that's from a big scaredy like me. Spec in the one I drove was very high, great sound and fantastic auto box.

Go for it buddy, you won't look nearly as stupid as in a Yank Tank :lol:. Your children will be safer as well ;)

Only downside for me is, it's a bit slab sided, but with your impeccable taste for modding, I'm sure you'll sort that.

• Like 2

Do you really need 4doors because the E92 is lighter and looks better. I drove my mates fully modified car on the good A/B road in Cambridgeshire at full chat and was pleasantly surprised. It's very accomplished and I liked the DCT box a lot. He did 07:50-08:20 BTG nurburgring times with it consistently.

However its difficult to say how good the standard car is with all the mods done on his car; AP BBK all round with pagid RS29s, coilovers, full titanium exhaust, decats, carbon fibre intake, revo remap (460bhp) and CF recaro buckets seats, fast road/track geo.

I think it's a lot of car for the money and a good base to start modding.

Real nice cars but you have to push them hard to get the best out of them, which in a 400hp car means going rather quickly ;)

If youre in that market I preferred the Lexus IS-F and XFR, they are definitely worth a run out and feel a bit more "special" :)

Good cars although not without their problems which are ****ing expensive

Throttle actuators at 700 for the part alone, quite common

seatbelt handovers fail

edc front shocks have been known to go

few other minor issues.

you have to rev the nuts off them to get the best out of them so dont expect more than 6mpg when doing so and round town you wont see more than 17mpg at all

heavy cars aswell so wear and tear will be more often

• Like 1

Good cars although not without their problems which are ****ing expensive

I think this is true for all the 'premium' German cars. My 335 is currently with CS waiting for a new electric water pump and high pressure fuel pump...thats on a 6 year old car thats done less than 50K and serviced above/beyond BMW's recommended servicing schedule....Still its a great car though and I love it, but eventually when the time comes to replace it I will definatly be going back to a Jap car, hopefully by than Infiniti or Lexus would have some decent models to go up against what the Germans can offer.

Edited by gangzoom

I think they've aged quite well, and what price a screaming naturally aspirated V8?

I would imagine the usual rules apply - it was an expensive, and heavy, car new, and maintenance will still be consummate with that even if its now twenty-odd thousand sheets second hand.