thoughts on these 20" deep dish

embrace

My rays are pretty badly kurbed (previous owner obviously couldnt park) and ive been quoted about £300 for a good repair and respray job. So i thought if I just sold them on ebay for £200 its almost as effective to buy a brand new set, when you take into consideration of getting 4 new tyres included.

ebay link

what do you think of the above, apparently perfect fitment for 350/370 and comes complete with tyres 245's on front and 275s on back so should improve grip?

look pretty mean on a black 350/370 i think

thoughts? :thumbs:

Edited by embrace

Looking at the link on my mobile I had to zoom in and squint my eyes to see the wheel design and even then still couldn't make them out

That's why I don't like black wheels- spend a lot of hard earned but you can't even see them

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Better choices out there in my opinion. They look like Halfrauds specials to me. Rims can make or break a car so be careful to try and get it right. Its not an expense you want to go through twice. I took 6 months to decide, but then i think thats half the fun of creating a mod map and not just rushing into decisions. I would consider all the other mods you are planning (if you are) and think about the end result before choosing your rims..

Good Luck

Payco

I guess i will sing the same old tune, if you have a budget of £1275 or near that, why dont you buy a 2nd hand set of something decent, Volks, Weds, Work, SSR, BBS, Enkeis etc etc, they will be better made, lighter (on the most part) and will still be worth good money if you ever decide to sell them.

All of the above do similar styles to the wheels you linked :)

Rims aren't too bad offsets, but the tyres are for 370z I believe, not great for 350z.

that the size/width or the tread?

Tyre sizes, yes.

I guess i will sing the same old tune, if you have a budget of £1275 or near that, why dont you buy a 2nd hand set of something decent, Volks, Weds, Work, SSR, BBS, Enkeis etc etc, they will be better made, lighter (on the most part) and will still be worth good money if you ever decide to sell them.

All of the above do similar styles to the wheels you linked :)

Surely there is no hope of getting a set of Volks with tyres for even close to that? Second hand Rota's with tyres, yes.

Jay is selling his:

http://www.350z-uk.c...oys-with-tyres/

and mine will be up shortly for the same money, can be seen in the first couple of posts on this thread:

http://www.350z-uk.c...-offset-thread/

£1500 + refurb + 4 tyres = a whole lot more that £1250.

Where is the kerbing on mine, they are immaculate freshly refurbed ;)

Apologies the link were Marzmans, which sold.

Jays below which are also mint:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63050-my-midnight-purple-volk-gt-s/

Like ! - I'm one of the few to have had 20s on the 350 ... don't believe the hype

Check out the tyre sizes on the photos

Front

IMG_0638.jpg

Rear

IMG_0637.jpg

and on the car

IMG_0215.jpg

have you not lowered it mate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No mine is not lowered, but here are the same wheels on the car of the guy I sold the wheels to on his lowered Zed,

which I admit does look better ...

IMG_0660.jpg

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 1

Like ! - I'm one of the few to have had 20s on the 350 ... don't believe the hype

Check out the tyre sizes on the photos

Front

IMG_0638.jpg

Rear

IMG_0637.jpg

and on the car

IMG_0215.jpg

have you not lowered it mate?

No mine is not lowered, but here are the same wheels on the car of the guy I sold the wheels to on his lowered Zed,

which I admit does look better ...

IMG_0660.jpg

yep when I fit my rims it looked like a 4x4 lol so dropped it and it changes the look loads

The Zed can definitely pull off 20's but personally I'd go 18's or 19's for the cheaper tyres, and spend the extra on the rims. Those Konig's are amazing! B)

Not to hijack the thread but how would chrome lips hold up if you were to get better quality wheels such as Konig, Volks etc?

I originally had the chrome volk gts lips but after time they did fade and corrode slightly. That;s when I decided to powdercoat the lips chrome.......... best thing I ever did lol

Ah okay, not even the top brands are safe then! Didn't know you could powercoat in chrome