Best fuel for my 54 plate 350z?

AaronHart99

Hello people, just a quick one, wondering what the best fuel is to stick in my car, I'm local to Tesco's, Asda, Sainsbury's, Texaco and Shell garages. I've only had the car a month and only had to fill it up once, opted for the Tesco momentum fuel, however I've got a feeling I should be looking elsewhere. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Cheers.

best to use super unleaded.

normal stuff is ok but can cause engine problems with continuous use.

Personally I use Shell V Power. Have heard of some not so good stories on how the supermarkets fuel isnt the best.

Has there been any proof of this? Or is it all conjecture?

Personally I use Shell V Power. Have heard of some not so good stories on how the supermarkets fuel isnt the best.

Someone I know who was in the industry said that tesco's momentum fueal additives are mixed actually in the lorry tanker and not particularly very scientifically. Also heard from a mechanic that morrisons diesel is terrible and not great for your particle filters and throttle bodies

Someone I know who was in the industry said that tesco's momentum fueal additives are mixed actually in the lorry tanker and not particularly very scientifically. Also heard from a mechanic that morrisons diesel is terrible and not great for your particle filters and throttle bodies

Cheers Mike :)

Yes there is documented proof on why 95 Ron hurts your engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please refer above, I am fully aware of the 95ron and engine knock issues.

Don't think brand makes a difference?

Not really, Gasoline has to meet many quality control standards which are laid down by the petroleum industry. Most fuel in the U.K is supplied from the nearest refinery, for example the refinery in Stanlow supplies all the fuel (except some supermarket brands) for the entire North West of England and North Wales. My understanding is that the additives for each company are added at the loading terminal and they are in any case pretty much the same.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

My motorbikes always run like a bag of sh*t on supermarket fuel so I never use it for cars /van either.

+2 on Shell V Power.

I tend to avoid Supermarket Fuel.

Used Tesco Fuel in my golf previously and for me it felt like it drank it twice as quick as other fuels.

But in reality we all know it never.

Unless somebody can actually come up with some real facts instead of all this scaremongering carry on, this thread should end.

Any fuel over 97ron will be fine for your car.

End of.

Edited by Neilp
  • Like 2

+2 on Shell V Power.

I tend to avoid Supermarket Fuel.

Used Tesco Fuel in my golf previously and for me it felt like it drank it twice as quick as other fuels.

But in reality we all know it never.

Unless somebody can actually come up with some real facts instead of all this scaremongering carry on, this thread should end.

Any fuel over 97ron will be fine for your car.

End of.

I use v power as my zed is a weekend toy. If it wasn't, I would use any super that was convenient.

I do however, think it is important to run a non supermarket super now and again as that has extra chemicals on to clean fuel system.

Supermarkets don't have there own refineries do they?! So therefore they buy it from an oil company.

From what I have heard on the grape fine, Sainsburys has close ties with BP (Nectar scheme etc). So it's super is probably pretty close to BP Ultimate.