Can't open doors...windows frozen shut

andysmee

Use hot water from the tap, cold water will only freeze quicker again,

then dry it with some kitchen roll. :thumbs:

Do my eyes deceive me, Will suggesting hot water?? :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare:

Lol

I said hot water NOT boiling water. I use hot water from the tap to de-ice the rubber door seals without a problem. :surrender:

I can't believe there is a discussion on here on how to melt ice :scare: :scare: :scare:

Every winter since I've been here. (2009)

No one seems to know that the car needs caressing with dragons breath. :lol:

(or just Gummi Pfledge your door rubber in Oct/Nov ;) )

Not a problem here in Cheshire where most of the salt is mined.

Lazy spreaders set the spread so wide as to cover both sides of the road and the pavements.

If you see them coming and don't have time to duck down a side road then you get a complete car de-ice.

Usually followed by a telling off from my passenger for foul language.

• Like 1

Surely you just get your butler to do it, not that it would need doing anyway as the car is kept in a heated garage.

We do all have butlers and heated garages on here, right?

Normally get the 19 year old slovakian housemaid to warm mine.

Dont do what I did 1 day in my other car with drop down window, thought I would get in and heat it up, defrosted the drivers window got in, turned on waited 10 mins and then couldnt get back out as the window had refrozen, no phone to call for help and had to wait 25 mins more till the car had heated enough to heat the rubber on the outside to let the window drop to get out :doh:

• Like 2

Had this happen this morning for the first time and am glad to see someone else has had the same problem!

the windows on these 350s are a ****ing pain all around!

Guess they're not exactly designed as winter cars

Will wake up 10 mins earlier for work tomorrow with a bucket of warm water at hand!

No hot water lol Use cold water from the tap then you can mix it with a bit of luke warm, gradually dribbling it over (best to use a bottle of some sort, big coke one or something). Don't just splash it on lol Also unlock/lock a few times if the locks are frozen.

Edited by AMT