Barry Boys...

Grundy

This has been about for years, like 10+ years, lol.

Used to be full of Corsa's, Nova's and trash like that.

Probably full of e39's and CTR's now.

It's all just a bit of fun poking at lads that cut their springs and masking tape drainage pipes to their exhausts.

Not seen it before...although there is some chap on facebook who set up a page where he took photos of 'chavvy' cars and post them up and slagged them off. There is a proper nice guy on the VX220 forum who had his car photographed and slated, because of all the 'silly stickers' all over his 'cheap vauxhall'

Turned out that the VX220 in question was its class winner in the 2012 and 2013 time attack and 2nd in the European championship 2013 time attack. The silly stickers were actually proper paid for sponsors. The guy that owns the car and raced it is the events manager at Croft.

Turns out actually that this guy who has this facebook page is a bus driver and his pride and joy back home on the driveway is an old diesel Golf! Needless to say he got the Ekona/Ricey/DBlock/SMD equivalent combo attack on his facebook page :lol:

Be careful who you 'Barry' it might just come back and bite you :lol:

• Like 1

It can be amusing, it used to be brilliant back in the day but got a bit hater filled more recently. IIRC someone put a competition spec driftcar on there and took the **** of the condition of the bodywork, nice one lads :wacko:

The shed of the month/week etc. is worth a look, some proper horrors on there :)

EDIT: Sounds like Coldel has a story like mine too. Worth seeking out the thread about the Barryboy member who took beats at a show for taking the **** as well, that raised a chuckle when I saw it last :D

Edited by docwra

Is there a link for it Grundy ?. :blush:

There you go, sorry wasn't too sure where we stood linking other forums :)

At first it was amusing seeing some sheds on there and some of the owners posting and the arguements :lol:

but after a few more threads, especially in the FFF sub forum (It's a section where arguments are held) Some horrible things have been said, and a lot of their members just seem to be people who hate any one who has changed ANY little thing on the car. They have no respect for the time and effort gone into some cars (I say some cars lol, as there really are dreadful things out there)

Yeah seen this before. Funnily enough I was thinking of this site whilst reading one of the other threads on here, the one about 'find a car on eBay to make us laugh'

Some of the Barry boy members leaflet cars that they find that meets their distaste, baiting them onto their forum where they can all take the p1ss out of them. There's one thread on there where they where slating a car, and the owner came on the forum to have a go back at them. This went on for months and came to a head when, at a car meet, the guy on the Barry boys forum saying all the snide things about the other guys pride and joy got battered, there's a video on there of it happening iirc.

This made me think that whilst we may scoff at some peoples attempts at customising their cars (badly), these guys are still enthusiasts and it's their pride and joy at the end of the day, each to their own and all that.

I've found one, but it wasn't really a beating, just one punch to the head.

http://www.barryboys...hp?f=14&t=26047

I actually agree with the focus owner.

I've just read through that link. So what they do is put a flyer on a car to lure the owner to the site then all bully that person relentlessly. Vile I think and I don't blame the focus owner for punching the guy

All those on the barry boys site who slag off other cars and flyer them are scum. whats it got to do with them if a car is modded to anything other than their taste. I agree with the focus owner fair play to him.

It seems to me that all those doing the 'baiting' have been bullied all their lives so now turned into keyboard warriors and trolls to try and make up for it. Quite tragic really.

I read that link, fair play to him punching that guy. What did he expect to happen, common sense isn't common it appears especially amongst the members of that site. They rip the pi$$ out of the guys car, and its not like, 'oh god that is a shocker' its pages and pages of vile sputum and shocking language. I think its bloody hilarious that one of the keyboard warriors got punched, everyone said he handled it well, sounded to me like he bottled it, turned his back and done a runner.

I think it would make an interesting court case, that this group of people bait owners of cars, then abuse them online and then one of them hilariously gets popped.

• Like 2

If someone did that to me about my car then I'm pretty sure I would retaliate. I have heard of Barryboys and knew what they were about but that was the first time I have actually looked at the website and certainly wont be going back there for seconds.

They are vile.